The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
CommanderBowser
Monsterland Worker

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by CommanderBowser »

New match available. Mothra, Rodan and King Ghidorah from the Monsterverse has joined the fight.

The match is very intense, yet fun. Nice to see another team up between Godzilla and the M.U.T.O

The banner is also very great (both art style and the fact that this banner is a GIF makes it fun)
Just your average fan of Godzilla, who also loves cartoons and Super Smash Bros

FWI, Bowser is my Smash Main, hence my user name.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Brilliant, epic match. Great into to our Monsterverse bois and concludes part of 200 and 211's cliffhanger while leaving plenty of stuff open for the future. Loved it!

One question though
Spoiler:
Does the epilogue imply a new FeMUTO awakens because the introduction of MV Goji's bud in the main Earth or somehow Shin Earth's slain mate was revived somehow?

RIP Evan.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: One question though
*spoiler*
To answer that:
Spoiler:
The Femuto at the end is the *same* from 211; the slain mate. Her body had sponged the rest of the Element X in the same way that was mentioned in the 2014 movie after Monarch vivisected her. Sorry if that wasn't made immediately clear, but that was the intention. ;) There was an extra scene Greyshot and I had where the revived Male MUTO would've done one last EMP before going through the portal, which would've acted as teh trigger for her reawakening... Sadly, seems that never came to fruition. But I hope that clears that up, because I have plans for these rascals. ;)
Added in 2 minutes 15 seconds:
Also, say hello to the *new* longest KWC match in history--clocking in at about 37,609 words (compared to 200's 34,227 words). I doubt this one will be topped anytime soon... I think. IDK. :P
Last edited by KaijuX on Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GmkGoji »

JEEZUS CHRIST That was so good!
Spoiler:
Nice to see the new icon for Godzilla at the bottom.
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Me earlier: "okay,new match is coming.
X did say it was the biggest of the bunch but I don't care! I'm gonna read this all the way thro-"

*looks at length*

...NOPE,that ain't happening! Not today it ain't! also I'm really out of the the Greyshots saga so I need to catch up first.

Love the banner though! I should comission Matt for a banner sometimes.
Last edited by Gigantis on Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

tyrantgoji wrote:Love the banner though! I should comission Matt for a banner sometimes.
We've tried, not happening. Matt's a super-duper busy dude and just doesn't have the time to commission stuff like this. Hopefully in the future, but that's a giant hope.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Dang, the length and amount of monsters and writers is insane! I dunno if I’ll be able to have the time to read all of it! :dizzy:

I guessing we have the winner for KWC of 2019. :lol:
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

This match was insane, loved every bit of it. Every time I thought it couldn’t top itself, it did just that, but it never felt like too much either. And the human/Elias side of the story was amazing as well, never felt tacked on and fit perfectly into the larger story. Perfect introduction for the Monsterverse trio, and I loved their characterizations here as well. So bravo to all six writers, holy crap six people wrote this match.
Spoiler:
I was genuinely surprised Mothra Leo died, it made sense and was done very well. Also I absolutely adored all the monsters on the main Earth telling Monsterverse King Ghidorah to screw off when he did the alpha call. If the anomalies are gone, does that mean Zilla’s just stuck in AOT land forever?
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

"Good," said GvJ, snorting cocaine in the bathroom of an Applebee's.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Just curious. With the Heisei Ghiddy being retired, does that mean that MKG will also be retired?

And great match too.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:
Spoiler:
If the anomalies are gone, does that mean Zilla’s just stuck in AOT land forever?
Spoiler:
Technically, we've only seen one side. We have no idea what Randy, Monique, Jet Jaguar and Zilla were doing in the black anomaly while all this was going down. Might be why there is a 3 month time skip after Ultraseven's comment not to REVEAL anything. ;)
Rhedosaurus wrote:Just curious. With the Heisei Ghiddy being retired, does that mean that MKG will also be retired?
MKG will not be retired with his Heisei counterpart. All good to use him!
Last edited by Greyshot151 on Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

I knew this match was long but I forgot exactly how long it was. Really fun to read the completed version and I’m glad I was able to help out with the writing. The last time I checked the match, it was about halfway done. If I wasn’t suffering from writers block, I feel I could probably have helped work on another segment, but I still have little inspiration to actually get back into writing at the moment. The banner is AMAZING!!! Beautiful artwork with two banners combined into one gif.

By the way, now I have to work even harder now since there is a new word count to beat.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Nagoda wrote:I knew this match was long but I forgot exactly how long it was. Really fun to read the completed version and I’m glad I was able to help out with the writing. The last time I checked the match, it was about halfway done. If I wasn’t suffering from writers block, I feel I could probably have helped work on another segment, but I still have little inspiration to actually get back into writing at the moment. The banner is AMAZING!!! Beautiful artwork with two banners combined into one gif.

By the way, now I have to work even harder now since there is a new word count to beat.
Dude you are not beating that word count by yourself. :lol:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

kaijufanforever
G-Force Personnel

Post by kaijufanforever »

wait, is this match the end of this little series on the KWC, or is there more on the way
Last edited by kaijufanforever on Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GmkGoji »

I think there is WAY more on the way.
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

kaijufanforever
G-Force Personnel

Post by kaijufanforever »

GmkGoji wrote:I think there is WAY more on the way.
all right, wanted to know, thanks

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

I also have to say... This marks the first time we haven't relied on Orga for a Halloween-themed match. :lol: Aside from our first year of the KWC (which was the introduction of the KWC Animated), all other Halloweens have had Orga in them. Glad to finally break that chain. XD

Pair of kings.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

KaijuX wrote:I also have to say... This marks the first time we haven't relied on Orga for a Halloween-themed match. :lol: Aside from our first year of the KWC (which was the introduction of the KWC Animated), all other Halloweens have had Orga in them. Glad to finally break that chain. XD
Ikr? Its like I could have used someone else instead of Orga in Orga In Hell. :lol:
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Greyshot151 wrote:
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:
Spoiler:
If the anomalies are gone, does that mean Zilla’s just stuck in AOT land forever?
Spoiler:
Technically, we've only seen one side. We have no idea what Randy, Monique, Jet Jaguar and Zilla were doing in the black anomaly while all this was going down. Might be why there is a 3 month time skip after Ultraseven's comment not to REVEAL anything. ;)
Rhedosaurus wrote:Just curious. With the Heisei Ghiddy being retired, does that mean that MKG will also be retired?
But that means that the Heisei Ghidorah isn't really retired at all then.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Greyshot151 wrote:
But that means that the Heisei Ghidorah isn't really retired at all then.
Well, yes but actually no.

MKG is different enough to warrant being a different character and you can basically do everything Heisei Ghidorah has that makes him unique (Dorats, Futurians, time travel) with just MKG. And Toho list him as a different character so he's not Heisei Ghidorah.

Though I am wondering how much leeway we can get with "he already died and got rebuilt", TBH

RIP Evan.