The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by Greyshot151 »

Hey guys, can we NOT spoil things for the movie. Only place you can do that is in the spoilers thread -_-
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:In a realistic fight though lets be honest given the MonsterVerse's so called realism. Grand King Ghidorah would still wreck Legendary Ghidorah given his durability against one of the most powerful Toho monsters (Mothra Leo in Armor form).
durability?

he got pwned so fast, it's literally the reason we say Armor Mothra is one of the strongest Toho monsters.

RIP Evan.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:durability?

he got pwned so fast, it's literally the reason we say Armor Mothra is one of the strongest Toho monsters.
Before he became Armor Mothra though. Grand King Ghidorah was still too powerful for Mothra Leo to beat he had to travel back in time. Armor Mothra or not I'd argue Mothra Leo still stands as Toho's most powerful monster especially given his variety of abilities and forms.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Ben Shapiro wrote:
soulgodzilla wrote:
Ben Shapiro wrote:^ Yeah, I’d spoiler that.
Congratulations for spoiling something that I’m trying to avoid being spoiled... >:T
I’m not the one posting a rundown of abilities now am I.
Next time, don’t do it again...

E V E R
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

SoggyNoodles2016

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:durability?

Before he became Armor Mothra though. Grand King Ghidorah was still too powerful for Mothra Leo to beat he had to travel back in time. Armor Mothra or not I'd argue Mothra Leo still stands as Toho's most powerful monster especially given his variety of abilities and forms.
That is true.

And Armor Mothra beat him in 5 minutes, which was my point. GKG is powerful but saying he's durable due to his fight with Armor Mothra is like talking about Godzilla 1954's durability and using the Oxygen Destroyer as an example.

RIP Evan.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:That is true.

And Armor Mothra beat him in 5 minutes, which was my point. GKG is powerful but saying he's durable due to his fight with Armor Mothra is like talking about Godzilla 1954's durability and using the Oxygen Destroyer as an example.
And my point is Grand King Ghidorah realistically would wreck Legendary Ghidorah's poop as he still pales in comparison to him.

SoggyNoodles2016

We haven't seen the movie yet. Legendary could be a beast.

But this is getting kind of old now, so let's drop it.

RIP Evan.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Given the "realism" though I'm doubtful.

But as you said dropping now.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:We haven't seen the movie yet. Legendary could be a beast.

But this is getting kind of old now, so let's drop it.
THANK YOU!

Lets just wait until the movie is out, or will seriously enrage our Lord and Savior, Lord Kamagidon.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Here's the thing to understand that both GKG and Legendary KG exist in completely different worlds. The MonsterVerse, though evolving with more larger-than-life concepts akin to classic Godzilla, has a certain foot in realism (though it's not at all what you would call realistic). The ROM trilogy is more akin to a shounen battle series; you have power levels and transformations that, when put into perspective, make the monsters ridiculously overpowered with each movie. So when you pit the two together, you have to be sure that your "world" (or your match) has certain rules set in place. And I don't mean the FAQ, but for narrative purposes. You can't simply copy-paste the original versions together; well, I mean you could, but the idea of the KWC is to be more spiritually faithful to the characters, not necessarily literally faithful. If that had been the case, then Match 153 (Dogora vs. Mothra Leo) for example wouldn't have worked at all (even if some elements could've been handled better or differently, but I digress).

With that said, let's drop the subject. We have yet to see what LKG is truly capable of, so it's best to hold off until we've all seen the movie.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

Moth
Gotengo Officer

Post by Moth »

Ok, I'm confused. Are there Evas allowed in KWC due to the whole 'Godzilla vs Evangelion' stuff back in 2016? Or are they never going to be in?
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Nathus214 wrote:Ok, I'm confused. Are there Evas allowed in KWC due to the whole 'Godzilla vs Evangelion' stuff back in 2016? Or are they never going to be in?
I mean, Evangelion 3.0+1.0 is coming, and I remember seeing Toho’s logo showing up in that one trailer.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

The Godzilla/Eva crossover promotion does not make the Evangelions eligible.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Saw-U-In-1/2
G-Force Personnel

Post by Saw-U-In-1/2 »

Thank you guys for enjoying my most recent match.

Not sure if I'll do a follow-up with Mothra Vs Gyaos at the moment.

Tyler really did an awesome banner as always.
Last edited by Saw-U-In-1/2 on Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Happiness is an illusion the mind creates to conceal what you truly feel.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Which kinda sucks, because what if the movie doesn’t have Eva Unit 01?

And I agree with Saw-U-In-1/2 that the banner is really great, really like the background and the image used on Mothra.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

HillyHulk
Yuki Special

Post by HillyHulk »

Seeing as we're not allowed to add kaiju/monsters that weren't either made by Toho or had the films they were a part of be distributed by Toho (and crossovers don't count either), why is Ultraseven a part of the roster? I took a look at the website and the Ultraman movies Toho were a part of distributing don't have him as part of the monster list.
Last edited by HillyHulk on Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

HillyHulk wrote:Seeing as we're not allowed to add kaiju/monsters that weren't either made by Toho or had the films they were a part of be distributed by Toho (and crossovers don't count either), why is Ultraseven a part of the roster? I took a look at the website and the Ultraman movies Toho were a part of distributing don't have him as part of the monster list.
hes was included because of the Battle Soccer game, but then the game turned out not to count, but there was some other way to keep him in. I think it was a cameo on a Toho distributed Taro episode?

RIP Evan.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
HillyHulk wrote:Seeing as we're not allowed to add kaiju/monsters that weren't either made by Toho or had the films they were a part of be distributed by Toho (and crossovers don't count either), why is Ultraseven a part of the roster? I took a look at the website and the Ultraman movies Toho were a part of distributing don't have him as part of the monster list.
hes was included because of the Battle Soccer game, but then the game turned out not to count, but there was some other way to keep him in. I think it was a cameo on a Toho distributed Taro episode?
Yes, there are two Taro episodes distributed by Toho, the first episode of the show (which has the monster Astromons who would make cool addition for being a plant monster) and the episode that had Seven as a cameo (and that painting that had multiple monsters).
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

It's the Toho distributed Ultraman Taro episodes that warrant Ultraseven's appearance. As far as powers go, since he was only a cameo, we were more lenient with him and decided to mostly run with his OG powers.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

Shazam14
EDF Instructor

Post by Shazam14 »

Can't wait to see the Legendary kaiju used. This month has me super hyped.