The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
soulgodzilla
Futurian

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by soulgodzilla »

Ok, just saying.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

kaijufanforever
G-Force Personnel

Post by kaijufanforever »

can Titanosaurus come in groups like in the anime timeline(several were used to fight the Big G in one of the novels)

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

kaijufanforever wrote:can Titanosaurus come in groups like in the anime timeline(several were used to fight the Big G in one of the novels)
No. You can only use the one.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

kaijufanforever
G-Force Personnel

Birdman wrote:
kaijufanforever wrote:can Titanosaurus come in groups like in the anime timeline(several were used to fight the Big G in one of the novels)
ok, just wanted to know

Added in 4 hours 46 minutes 44 seconds:
*in news announcer's voice* this just in, the Titan Behemoth may just get a toy. *in regular voice* here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPRzG3T ... xFN6Ka%3A6
at 1:13 to be exact.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

A toy is not enough to warrant their addition. We have no information on Behemoth's abilities or combat potential at this time, leaving us with little on go for his capability. You can have him and the other Titans appear as cameos, but it's a no-no to fighting other monsters.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

kaijufanforever
G-Force Personnel

Birdman wrote:A toy is not enough to warrant their addition. We have no information on Behemoth's abilities or combat potential at this time, leaving us with little on go for his capability. You can have him and the other Titans appear as cameos, but it's a no-no to fighting other monsters.
I figured just as much, just wanted to share a bit of info I found

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

to be fair, if we DO get Behemoth in an action scene in the future and he gets the okay to get in, that figure is really gonna help out. no gauruntees though.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Birdman wrote:
What about Black Moth? Since I think there were more then one. And since Malik made more then one bat people and giant rat, would make sense if he made more then one Black Moth.

Added in 1 minute 2 seconds:
tyrantgoji wrote:to be fair, if we DO get Behemoth in an action scene in the future and he gets the okay to get in, that figure is really gonna help out. no gauruntees though.
If theres one monster that needs an SH Monsterarts figure, it would be the MUTOs.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

soulgodzilla wrote:
Birdman wrote:
What about Black Moth? Since I think there were more then one. And since Malik made more then one bat people and giant rat, would make sense if he made more then one Black Moth.
There wasn't more then one in Latitude Zero. Black Moth's whole deal was she was made with the brain of one of Malik's subjects.

However, there are flocks of Gryphons/Black Moths in the anime novels. Believe KaijuX said they were off the table but might be worth reconsidering.

RIP Evan.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

kaijufanforever wrote:
Birdman wrote:A toy is not enough to warrant their addition. We have no information on Behemoth's abilities or combat potential at this time, leaving us with little on go for his capability. You can have him and the other Titans appear as cameos, but it's a no-no to fighting other monsters.
You're better off talking about it in the toy section not the KWC section really.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

kaijufanforever
G-Force Personnel

soulgodzilla wrote:
Birdman wrote:

Added in 1 minute 2 seconds:
tyrantgoji wrote:to be fair, if we DO get Behemoth in an action scene in the future and he gets the okay to get in, that figure is really gonna help out. no gauruntees though.
If theres one monster that needs an SH Monsterarts figure, it would be the MUTOs.
true, especially with the Muto prime and the 2019 muto

Added in 57 seconds:
UltimateDitto wrote:
kaijufanforever wrote:
You're better off talking about it in the toy section not the KWC section really.
ok, didn't know about the toy section

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: However, there are flocks of Gryphons/Black Moths in the anime novels. Believe KaijuX said they were off the table but might be worth reconsidering.
That's still something that's off the table. Same with multiple Kiryus (as seen in Godzilla: Oblivion). Just because the option is there doesn't guarantee we'll incorporate it. I'm aware the anime novels have multiple of lots of monsters; but that's something I feel really is suited for that particular continuity. For the KWC, where for the most part we're trying to represent the version (or versions) of the monsters in question, sometimes intersecting all components of their other elements isn't the best way to go.

Now did we start trying to shoe-horn in some abilities? Early on, sure. For Greyshot and I, as well as the rest of us, it's all a huge learning experience of what to add and what to hold back. Speaking for myself, Greyshot's been great at filtering / evaluating the ideas I put forward or suggest; and it gives me the needed insight of where our boundaries lie. It helps deepen my understanding of the characters in question, even if we don't agree on all fronts. It might've taken a couple of years to get where I am now, but these kinds of things come with time. Even the KWCE has been an amazing learning tool for me of what to do, what not to do, and what can be done in the wake of substantial changes in the KWC (like retiring) to ensure there's still an option available.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Alright, I thought that Black Moth could be one of the few exceptions because pf what I mentioned of Malik making more then one Bat People and Giant Rat. Like since Koriga wants Malik’s blood for turning her into a monster, I can see him making another that would be loyal to him.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

KaijuX wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: However, there are flocks of Gryphons/Black Moths in the anime novels. Believe KaijuX said they were off the table but might be worth reconsidering.
That's still something that's off the table. Same with multiple Kiryus (as seen in Godzilla: Oblivion). Just because the option is there doesn't guarantee we'll incorporate it. I'm aware the anime novels have multiple of lots of monsters; but that's something I feel really is suited for that particular continuity. For the KWC, where for the most part we're trying to represent the version (or versions) of the monsters in question, sometimes intersecting all components of their other elements isn't the best way to go.

Now did we start trying to shoe-horn in some abilities? Early on, sure. For Greyshot and I, as well as the rest of us, it's all a huge learning experience of what to add and what to hold back. Speaking for myself, Greyshot's been great at filtering / evaluating the ideas I put forward or suggest; and it gives me the needed insight of where our boundaries lie. It helps deepen my understanding of the characters in question, even if we don't agree on all fronts. It might've taken a couple of years to get where I am now, but these kinds of things come with time. Even the KWCE has been an amazing learning tool for me of what to do, what not to do, and what can be done in the wake of substantial changes in the KWC (like retiring) to ensure there's still an option available.
Makes sense to me! Sorry if it seemed like I was pressuring you.

Honestly, I think you, Greyshot and everyone who works on the KWC have done a great job keeping things with strict rules but loose enough for creativity.

RIP Evan.

kaijufanforever
G-Force Personnel

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
KaijuX wrote:

Honestly, I think you, Greyshot and everyone who works on the KWC have done a great job keeping things with strict rules but loose enough for creativity.
same here

Added in 1 minute 34 seconds:
can baragon fold his ears over his eyes like he was planned to do, or is that better off in the KWCE?

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
KaijuX wrote:

You know what they say, some rules can be loosen so long it doesn’t go too far.

Added in 1 minute 30 seconds:
kaijufanforever wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
KaijuX wrote: That's still something that's off the table. Same with multiple Kiryus (as seen in Godzilla: Oblivion). Just because the option is there doesn't guarantee we'll incorporate it. I'm aware the anime novels have multiple of lots of monsters; but that's something I feel really is suited for that particular continuity. For the KWC, where for the most part we're trying to represent the version (or versions) of the monsters in question, sometimes intersecting all components of their other elements isn't the best way to go.

same here

Added in 1 minute 34 seconds:
can baragon fold his ears over his eyes like he was planned to do, or is that better off in the KWCE?
He told me yes back when I was writing my very first match. (Which I have yet to fix it)
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Makes sense to me! Sorry if it seemed like I was pressuring you.

Nah man, not in the least, haha. XD I just needed to clear up where I was coming from when I said no. :lol:
kaijufanforever wrote:can baragon fold his ears over his eyes like he was planned to do, or is that better off in the KWCE?
I don't think that's too big of an issue. According to the thing, he uses it when burrowing to shield his eyes. Actually, it'd be fun to have him use his ears to protect his eyes from projectiles, as it's still made from his skin. So long as it's consistent (that is to say, so long as the ears aren't magically harder than the rest of his body), then we're good. ;)
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

kaijufanforever
G-Force Personnel

KaijuX wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Makes sense to me! Sorry if it seemed like I was pressuring you.

Nah man, not in the least, haha. XD I just needed to clear up where I was coming from when I said no. :lol:
kaijufanforever wrote:can baragon fold his ears over his eyes like he was planned to do, or is that better off in the KWCE?
I don't think that's too big of an issue. According to the thing, he uses it when burrowing to shield his eyes. Actually, it'd be fun to have him use his ears to protect his eyes from projectiles, as it's still made from his skin. So long as it's consistent (that is to say, so long as the ears aren't magically harder than the rest of his body), then we're good. ;)
ok, thx

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Going back to the topic of buffing someone, I recently watched Space Amoeba, and I noticed a couple scenes where Gezora emits blue lights whenever he’s in the water and a few scenes where he emits some kind of sub-zero gas or white gas. Could we add these? Along with the extraordinary jump that he does in the NES game?
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

soulgodzilla wrote:Going back to the topic of buffing someone, I recently watched Space Amoeba, and I noticed a couple scenes where Gezora emits blue lights whenever he’s in the water and a few scenes where he emits some kind of sub-zero gas or white gas. Could we add these? Along with the extraordinary jump that he does in the NES game?
nah,you can just write the blue light thing in matches and i'm not even sure if the jumping is allowed...then again we did use the NES game so Showa Manda could use fire so maybe that's not off the table.
Last edited by Gigantis on Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!