The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

KaijuX wrote: Really? When was that? I don't recall any matches that used the Showa model...
The latest match does. Match 52 also uses a Showa model.
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

MM The Destroyer
Terminated
Terminated

Post by MM The Destroyer »

I think King Caesar is one of those kaiju that it is perfectly acceptable to pull a Pipeworks and make an amalgam, combining the best elements of both Showa and FW. People have already been doing the same thing with Kamacuras (FW Kamacuras in groups). And all of Ebirah's matches present him in a more Showa-esque style. I really don't know why we have to use the FW version in his case, his suit is just trash in 2004.
I'm Back... for a... Damn it, I lost count!
Godzelda wrote:
Inferno Rodan wrote:But regardless, what on earth makes you think that, say, Spacegodzilla's Corona beam, which penetrated Godzilla's hide on more than one occasion, is more damaging than a nuke on a point-for-point basis?
It hurt Godzilla. That's why I think that.

TK's #1 most reported, popular, hated, loved, sarcastic kaiju pleb.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

true; like it was said before, KC in the chronicles fights like the Millennium edition and yet looks like the Showa beast. there has to be that lack of screen presence in one of the films to prevent plot holes from developing, or that didn't vary too greatly to combine both versions.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Just gonna leave this here... >___>
Lain Of The Wired wrote:also use the Showa design in the banner?
Now this is a legitimate point. Though, hasn't each time the Showa design has been used, it's been when Caesar has been facing away from the 'camera'? Shots of GFW Caesar from behind might be hard to find.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Shots of GFW Caesar from behind might be hard to find.
Yeah...kinda the issue. I wanted a shot of him looking at the destruction that was incoming and I couldn't find a suitable 2004 model. Didn't think anyone would notice and I guessed wrong. I apologize and I'll try not to make the same mistake.

On the note of changing the official monsters in the Roster from one era to another, I can honestly say that is not happening.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Kubo
Sazer

Post by Kubo »

Just so everyone's aware, I'm going through a bit of a rough patch with school and personal issues, so I cannot do any verifying of matches for the time being. I promise I'll come back around soon and be the best damn verifier on this forum, but for now, I must decline anymore matches.

My apologies to Greyshot, the rest of the staff, and submitters.
Giving myself brain damage wishing too hard upon a star.

Twitter: @Dawn_of_the_DED
If you follow me on there, shoot me a DM so I know you're from the forums.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Kubo wrote:Just so everyone's aware, I'm going through a bit of a rough patch with school and personal issues, so I cannot do any verifying of matches for the time being. I promise I'll come back around soon and be the best damn verifier on this forum, but for now, I must decline anymore matches.

we have all been there; i hope things improve for you and good luck with school.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Kubo wrote:Just so everyone's aware, I'm going through a bit of a rough patch with school and personal issues, so I cannot do any verifying of matches for the time being. I promise I'll come back around soon and be the best damn verifier on this forum, but for now, I must decline anymore matches.

Don't worry, man. It's going to happen, so best to settle it and not worry about it later. Best of luck with what you need to do, man. :)
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

Mandacuras
Interpol Agent

Post by Mandacuras »

KaijuX wrote:

Don't worry, man. It's going to happen, so best to settle it and not worry about it later. Best of luck with what you need to do, man. :)
Remind me again:
What happens when you verify a match?
I am the thing that keeps you up at night. The evil that haunts every dark corner of your mind. I will never rest...and neither will you.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Basically, they are the first line in processing your match. If its good, it goes up. If not, it is sent back.

Also, not a problem Kubo. Best of luck and I shall take your name off the list for now just so we don't have any confusion!
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Greyshot151 wrote:Basically, they are the first line in processing your match. If its good, it goes up. If not, it is sent back.
And meets the KWC requirements. Don't forget that. ;)
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

KaijuX wrote:
Greyshot151 wrote:Basically, they are the first line in processing your match. If its good, it goes up. If not, it is sent back.
And meets the KWC requirements. Don't forget that. ;)
Speaking off, have we actually officially suggested around 1000 words yet? I can't remember, could be worth saying
Resized Image

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Beef Bigshot wrote:Speaking off, have we actually officially suggested around 1000 words yet? I can't remember, could be worth saying
About 700 words can be the absolute minimum. I believe this discussion was brought up in another thread (or this one, I can't recall :lol:). Even so, for me personally, I'd say aim higher for 1,000 words. ;)

Pair of kings.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

KaijuX wrote:
Beef Bigshot wrote:Speaking off, have we actually officially suggested around 1000 words yet? I can't remember, could be worth saying
About 700 words can be the absolute minimum. I believe this discussion was brought up in another thread (or this one, I can't recall :lol:). Even so, for me personally, I'd say aim higher for 1,000 words. ;)
No I was apart of it actually, I just forgot. I guess 700 is fair
Resized Image

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Match 148: Giant Condor vs. Everyone - 1,226 words

Thank you, MM. You have graced us with the best match in the history of KWC. I say that, because I dig the ending big time. ;)

Pair of kings.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

I had lost faith in this world, but Giant Condor gave me meaning once again.

Condor is Love, Condor is Life, Condor is Georgy Takei.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Mandacuras
Interpol Agent

Post by Mandacuras »

KaijuX wrote:Match 148: Giant Condor vs. Everyone - 1,226 words

Thank you, MM. You have graced us with the best match in the history of KWC. I say that, because I dig the ending big time. ;)
You guys, this is just an April Fools Day prank. I'm not that stupid. The date said March 32 and there is no such thing as March 32 so this has got to be a hoax. Nice try you guys.
I am the thing that keeps you up at night. The evil that haunts every dark corner of your mind. I will never rest...and neither will you.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Mandacuras wrote: You guys, this is just an April Fools Day prank. I'm not that stupid. The date said March 32 and there is no such thing as March 32 so this has got to be a hoax. Nice try you guys.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Mandacuras wrote:
KaijuX wrote:Match 148: Giant Condor vs. Everyone - 1,226 words

You guys, this is just an April Fools Day prank. I'm not that stupid. The date said March 32 and there is no such thing as March 32 so this has got to be a hoax. Nice try you guys.
Last edited by g2vd on Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Godzilla

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

That was wonderful. Beautiful work to all involved.

Though, as great as the ending was, I was a little disappointed there was no 'winner' pic for the Condor. :P
Mandacuras wrote:You guys, this is just an April Fools Day prank. I'm not that stupid. The date said March 32 and there is Noodly such thing as March 32 so this has got to be a hoax. Nice try you guys.
Jesus Christ, Mandacuras... -_-
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."