The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
Gigantis
Sazer

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by Gigantis »

Birdman wrote:That's not what I said at all!
I wrote:Gamera (Heisei) vs. Gryphon

Eons ago, the ancient civilisation of Atlantis created the Guardian of the Universe to destroy the Shadow of Evil. However, a second objective was programmed into his genetic code, awoken by the arrival of an interloper from the stars. Now Gamera must heed this lost purpose and protect the world from an enemy that uses its fauna against it.
OHHHH. Still i'm using it! :lol:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

You can't though.

Pretty sure that counts as a change too far outside the canon to be usable

RIP Evan.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:You can't though.

Pretty sure that counts as a change too far outside the canon to be usable
..Well skreoonk. Back to the drawing board.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Well I have a curious question to everyone, including the admins, considering that they’re being retired and there are still a few matches left to be uploaded.

What will you guys say is your favorite matches for Daigoro, Goliath, Mothra & Ghidorah (Heisei)?
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

soulgodzilla wrote:Well I have a curious question to everyone, including the admins, considering that they’re being retired and there are still a few matches left to be uploaded.

What will you guys say is your favorite matches for Daigoro, Goliath, Mothra & Ghidorah (Heisei)?
For Diagoro, Diagoro vs Kong.

Goliath, Orga vs King Caesar vs. Goliath vs Krystalak.

Mothra, don't really have one but..Mothra vs Baragon was pretty good.

Ghidorah, Heisei Ghidorah and MKG vs Grand King Ghidorah.

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GmkGoji »

soulgodzilla wrote:Well I have a curious question to everyone, including the admins, considering that they’re being retired and there are still a few matches left to be uploaded.

For Daigoro, Godzilla junior vs Daigoro

For Goliath, Mothra and Moguera vs Bemular vs Goliath

For Mothra, Mothra vs Baragon

For Ghidorah, Godzilla (Heisei) and Godzilla (Legendary) vs King Ghidorah and Grand king ghidorah.
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Daigoro - Daigoro vs. Goliath (Well written and great character piece)
Golaith - Orga in Hell (The best match the character was involved in without Daigoro)
Mothra Heisei - Godzilla vs. Rodan vs. Mothra (The ending really makes it my favorite with her as it feels it COULDN"T have been done by any other Mothra)
King Ghidorah Heisei - Gigan vs. King Ghidorah (Soft spot for that match)
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

kaijufanforever
G-Force Personnel

Post by kaijufanforever »

Diagoro: Daigoro vs Kong.
Golaith: Gabera vs Golaith
Mothra Heisei: M.O.G.U.R.A and Mothra vs Golaith vs Bemlur
King Ghidorah Heisei: Orga in You-Know Were

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

Daigoro and Goliath: Everyone vs. Everyone
King Ghidorah (Heisei): King Ghidorah (Heisei) vs. Ultraman & Ultraseven
Mothra (Heisei): Godzilla (Heisei) vs. Rodan vs. Mothra vs. Grand King Ghidorah vs. Mechagodzilla (Showa)

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Only counting matches where they’re a major focus (so no super big matches that happen to include them):
Daigoro: Daigoro vs King Kong
Goliath: Bemular and Goliath vs Mechagodzilla (Showa)
King Ghidorah: King Ghidorah (Heisei) vs Ultraman and Ultraseven
Mothra: Mothra (Heisei) vs Hedorah: Round 2
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Daigoro: Daigoro vs Godzilla Junior. It was a fun little sparring match.
Goliath: Orga in Hell for sure as it did more with him.
King Ghidorah: Grand King Ghidorah vs Heisei Ghidorah and Mecha King Ghidorah. Both his return match and his first win.
Mothra: Godzilla (Heisei) vs Rodan (Heisei) vs Mothra (Heisei). Mostly due to her sealing them away.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Nagoda wrote:Daigoro: Daigoro vs Godzilla Junior. It was a fun little sparring match.
Goliath: Orga in Hell for sure as it did more with him.
King Ghidorah: Grand King Ghidorah vs Heisei Ghidorah and Mecha King Ghidorah. Both his return match and his first win.
Mothra: Godzilla (Heisei) vs Rodan (Heisei) vs Mothra (Heisei). Mostly due to her sealing them away.
Yeah, I couldn’t think of anyone who could be a good representation of the sin Sloth, other then him. And really gotta say, I did enjoy writing him, giving him a clear character. :)

Added in 53 seconds:
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:Only counting matches where they’re a major focus (so no super big matches that happen to include them):
Goliath: Bemular and Goliath vs Mechagodzilla (Showa)
King Ghidorah: King Ghidorah (Heisei) vs Ultraman and Ultraseven
Mothra: Mothra (Heisei) vs Hedorah: Round 2
Ah yes, Match 170 was a really good match, I really enjoyed it. Same goes for Match 165.

Added in 2 minutes 5 seconds:
Greyshot151 wrote: Daigoro - Daigoro vs. Goliath (Well written and great character piece)
Golaith - Orga in Hell (The best match the character was involved in without Daigoro)
Mothra Heisei - Godzilla vs. Rodan vs. Mothra (The ending really makes it my favorite with her as it feels it COULDN"T have been done by any other Mothra)
King Ghidorah Heisei - Gigan vs. King Ghidorah (Soft spot for that match)
Huh, wasn’t expecting you to choose Gigan Vs King Ghidorah, interesting choice.
Last edited by soulgodzilla on Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Daigoro - Daigoro vs. Goliath
Goliath - Mothra & Moguera vs. Bemular vs. Goliath
Heisei Ghidorah - KG & MKG vs. GKG
Heisei Mothra - Mothra & Manda vs. Megalon

Though I think the last few (for Ghidorah and Mothra in particular), I think there might be a shift in choice... Maybe. ;)
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

KaijuX wrote:

Daigoro - Daigoro vs. Goliath
Goliath - Mothra & Moguera vs. Bemular vs. Goliath
Heisei Ghidorah - KG & MKG vs. GKG
Heisei Mothra - Mothra & Manda vs. Megalon

Though I think the last few (for Ghidorah and Mothra in particular), I think there might be a shift in choice... Maybe. ;)
True enough, since we still have a couple matches before they’re gone.

Added in 13 minutes 10 seconds:
Daigoro: Daigoro Vs Goliath. Really is a heartwarming match where Goliath isn’t written as a antagonist.

Goliath: Orga In Hell. Again, really proud that I gave him a bit of a clear character in that match.

King Ghidorah (Heisei): Grand King Ghidorah Vs King Ghidorah (Heisei) & MKG. I would definitely agree with everyone on this, that not only its a great come back for Ghidorah (Heisei), but its a really creative story where GKG is the main threat instead of Godzilla, and the idea of MKG being a modified failed experiment to create a clone of Ghidorah is a brilliant idea.

Mothra (Heisei): Definitely gotta go for Mothra (Heisei) & Manda Vs Megalon, really had a great concept, like how Manda teamed up with Mothra, its probably one of my favorite matches that Christian Salabert wrote.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

Daigoro - Daigoro vs Goliath (Shame it wasn't their finale match. It would have been the perfect sendoff)

Goliath - Same as a above

Heisei Ghidorah - Orga in Hell (Really the only I can choose since the majority of his matches aren't my cup of tea)

Heisei Mothra - Mothra vs Anguirus (It saddens me no one else is picking this one. Still the best of the KWC)
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

^ Mothra vs. Anguirus was almost my first pick for favorite Heisei Mothra match, but I think that match is more serviceable to Anguirus than Mothra.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

KaijuX wrote:^ Mothra vs. Anguirus was almost my first pick for favorite Heisei Mothra match, but I think that match is more serviceable to Anguirus than Mothra.
GodzillavsJason wrote:Daigoro - Daigoro vs Goliath (Shame it wasn't their finale match. It would have been the perfect sendoff)

Goliath - Same as a above

Heisei Ghidorah - Orga in Hell (Really the only I can choose since the majority of his matches aren't my cup of tea)

Heisei Mothra - Mothra vs Anguirus (It saddens me no one else is picking this one. Still the best of the KWC)
Oh shoot, I completely forgotten about Mothra Vs Anguirus!

I might as well tie it with Mothra & Manda Vs Megalon, if thats allowed. If not, I’ll just rank it second place of favorite Mothra (Heisei) matches.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Yeah MVA felt more like an Anguirus match than a Mothra one. It's good, but again not really Mothra's.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Goliath: Bemular and Goliath vs Mechagodzilla (Showa) for genuine match quality, Goliath vs Gabara for Goliath as a character
Mothra (Heisei): the Mothra vs Hedorah saga
Honorable mentions: Battra and Mothra vs Frankenstein (though I hate Battra getting screwed for like no reason) and Mothra vs Destroyah
King Ghidorah (Heisei): Three way tie between King Ghidorah vs Ultraman and Ultraseven, King Ghidorah vs Mecha King Ghidorah and King Ghidorah vs Red King. King Kong and King Caesar

RIP Evan.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Match 279 was ok. Not much to really say about it, nothing too memorable.

The banner could use a lot of work. The area looks way too blurry compared to everything except Black Moth, the rats and bat-men especially look very obviously superimposed onto the image, badly so. And it’s just too blurry in general, took me a second to figure out why we could only see half of Black Moth.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.