The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
cmastashizzlerizzle
Ronin

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by cmastashizzlerizzle »

i'm really excited to see the potential for the other monsters in KOTM getting used eventually

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

UltimateDitto wrote:As expected I got lost..a lot.

Kinda hard to enjoy this one when trying to figure out who is doing what.

That's just me personally.
I think it would have helped allot if the 1954 Godzilla was called “Gojira”, the Heisei Godzilla being called “Godzilla”, and as a nod to Match 160, Godzilla (Monsterverse) being called “The Elder” or “The Alpha”.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Shazam14 wrote:I know I'm extremely late to the party, but this list is pretty lame. I don't see the need to retire any of these kaiju other than Heisei King Ghidorah. I knew retiring Godzillasaurus was going to open pandora's box, but damn. If anything, I'd say the Titans should have never been brought in, and HKG should get re-retired. Otherwise, I think the roster is fine.

I don't remember if I commented on this list at the time or not, but I fully agree with this. We already have Heisei Ghidorah via Mecha-King Ghidorah and we have a normal Ghidorah thanks to Grand Ghidorah, so we don't really need Heisei around. Go ahead and retire him. As for the Titans, I don't necessarily mind them being part of the roster (any non-Godzilla Toho kaiju we can add to the gang adds some nice, spicy variety!), although I will say that between Sanda, Gaira, and Frankenstein, do we really need a fourth giant, mutant human? And yes, I would very much say that Frankenstein should take priority over Rogue Titan. Maybe we could retire Rogue and keep Colossal (perhaps keeping normal Titans as "minion monsters," like the Meganura)? *shrug*

And I still say it was lame retiring Godzillasaurus because he's not "a Godzilla," nor is he a helpless baby form like the Mothra Larva, he's a freaking dinosaur that can credibly take on like a third of the roster...
soulgodzilla wrote:As for Shazam, I’m kinda with him on the whole unnecessary retirements, except for Spyler and maybe Wargilgar.
I think retiring them would also be a mistake.

My thought process is this: If we're going to have TV Monsters of the Week on the KWC roster, they should be notable and relevant in some fashion, yes? Well, not only are Spyler and Wargilgar among some of the more recognizable Terror-Beasts, but they're also among the few that actually faced Godzilla. They are, as I like to call them, "Godzilla Terror-Beasts." Not only that, but they are the first Terror-Beasts Godzilla fought in his first guest appearance on the show, so they come from quite a memorable event/episode in the series. Zandora has these same qualities that I feel make him worthy of being on the KWC roster (though obviously minus the "first Godzilla episode" aspect). If anything, I think the "Godzilla Terror-Beasts" should totally take priority over the 'normal' Terror-Beasts because they have a strong, direct link to Godzilla and the mainstream Toho 'universe.'

Not to belittle the character, but honestly, if there's any Terror-Beast that should be retired from the roster, it's Jikiro.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

TitanoGoji16 wrote:And yes, I would very much say that Frankenstein should take priority over Rogue Titan. Maybe we could retire Rogue and keep Colossal (perhaps keeping normal Titans as "minion monsters," like the Meganura)? *shrug*
Yes someone else who agrees on the same thing as me! :D

Frankenstein IMO too should honestly stay. As said if anything retire one of the Titans.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

TitanoGoji16 wrote:
soulgodzilla wrote:As for Shazam, I’m kinda with him on the whole unnecessary retirements, except for Spyler and maybe Wargilgar.
I think retiring them would also be a mistake.

My thought process is this: If we're going to have TV Monsters of the Week on the KWC roster, they should be notable and relevant in some fashion, yes? Well, not only are Spyler and Wargilgar among some of the more recognizable Terror-Beasts, but they're also among the few that actually faced Godzilla. They are, as I like to call them, "Godzilla Terror-Beasts." Not only that, but they are the first Terror-Beasts Godzilla fought in his first guest appearance on the show, so they come from quite a memorable event/episode in the series. Zandora has these same qualities that I feel make him worthy of being on the KWC roster (though obviously minus the "first Godzilla episode" aspect). If anything, I think the "Godzilla Terror-Beasts" should totally take priority over the 'normal' Terror-Beasts because they have a strong, direct link to Godzilla and the mainstream Toho 'universe.'

Not to belittle the character, but honestly, if there's any Terror-Beast that should be retired from the roster, it's Jikiro.
I’d prefer that we keep Jikiro, because he at least has allot more verities of his powers, while Spyler is kinda limited of what you could write with him when he’s fighting with someone. Not as limited as Godzillasaurus, but still.

Added in 1 minute 47 seconds:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
TitanoGoji16 wrote:And yes, I would very much say that Frankenstein should take priority over Rogue Titan. Maybe we could retire Rogue and keep Colossal (perhaps keeping normal Titans as "minion monsters," like the Meganura)? *shrug*
Yes someone else who agrees on the same thing as me! :D

Frankenstein IMO too should honestly stay. As said if anything retire one of the Titans.
Or, Rogue and Colossal Titan stay, Armored doesn’t get added.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

cmastashizzlerizzle
Ronin

Nagoda wrote:
Spoiler:
I just noticed that there are facebook comments on the matches now. I don't see them on Mobile so I never noticed until people mentioned them on the forum. Seeing all the salt this match is getting, I really want to kill off Legendary Godzilla in the most Humiliating manner I can think of now, just to see what kind of feedback I get in return.
lazy spite match is lazy spite match

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

cmastashizzlerizzle wrote:
Nagoda wrote:
Spoiler:
I just noticed that there are facebook comments on the matches now. I don't see them on Mobile so I never noticed until people mentioned them on the forum. Seeing all the salt this match is getting, I really want to kill off Legendary Godzilla in the most Humiliating manner I can think of now, just to see what kind of feedback I get in return.
A spite match is a sad match
A sad match is forgettable match
A forgettable match is a spite match
It’s the circle of life, yo.

Added in 1 day 9 hours 52 minutes 16 seconds:
So is it safe to discuss about the monsters in Godzilla kotm? Or should we just wait until everyone managed to see it before we could discuss?
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Nagoda wrote:
Spoiler:
Gotta say, people have a right tot their opinion. If they didn't like the match, THAT IS OKAY. Everyone has their own head canon on who can or should beat what.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Nagoda wrote:
Spoiler:
Eh, that’s true sometimes. Other times it’s just fun for the writer to kill off or defeat someone who seems unbeatable when they can clearly be defeated. Some people just don’t like when their “Unbeatable” monster loses. It’s always fun to see their reactions in my opinion. All that wonderful salt and flame.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

so after seeing KOTM, i'm almost certain that Legendary Ghidorah is getting in. Rodan too.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Rodan King of skies
Ronin

Post by Rodan King of skies »

tyrantgoji wrote:so after seeing KOTM, i'm almost certain that Legendary Ghidorah is getting in. Rodan too.
Right!!!
Rodan future matewebmaster in exile in Postavymonsterverse!
https://66.media.tumblr.com/30416f8ad53 ... o1_500.gif
eight times the arrival of Rodan in Postavy.cz
SaraTron II. alive and exile
Lara Croft dead
Hokmuto alive and exile
MegaRatchet dead
Femuto dead
Blue2018 dead
Deidranna dead
Rodan alive a exile
in Postavymonsterverse

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

I have a "suspicion" that they're all getting in.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

I look forward to Ghidorah and Rodan getting added, though I’m not quite 100% of Mothra addition since I don’t think she would be worth replacing Heisei.
Spoiler:
As for the spoilers, be great to have that new MUTO as a skin, and considering the lack of feral mammalian Kaijus, would be interesting to see Behemoth get added.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Aw yes.

Someone needs to do King Ghidorah (Legendary) vs. Grand King Ghidorah in that case!

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Spoiler:
Scylla would also be an interesting addition, even though I’m kinda leaning towards Behemoth. (We deserve a mammoth since we didn’t get Owen The Sker Buffalo!)
Methuselah on the other hand, I think we would be ok if we don’t add him unless he does something cool if he ever shows up in Godzilla Vs Kong.
Last edited by soulgodzilla on Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

I don't think any of the other titans will be added.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Birdman wrote:I don't think any of the other titans will be added.
Spoiler:
I’m aware that the other titans might not get a chance, I just think it would be cool to see Behemoth get in.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

the other titans getting in wouldn't make any sense. they don't do anything but
Spoiler:
bow to Godzilla at the end.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

cmastashizzlerizzle
Ronin

perhaps Heisei Ghidorah can be retired by doing the job for the up and comer legendary Ghidorah

(go out on your back and put over the young buck it's tradition)

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

So, I have not seen the movie yet, and I won't be able to until next the 10th. I do not know the monsters abilities or how they are portrayed. Until I can give a more definitive stance on things, especially once I talk to the K.W.C. staff, I'll just remind everyone on my stance with the Titans with only the trailers as reference:

1) Legendary Mothra, Rodan & Ghidorah are most likely getting in. From what we've seen, they look to be different in a variety of ways. Mothra being a more CQC, Ghidorah's storm ability, and Rodan's lava touch, reminiscent to Kumasogami, are all quite interesting takes on the characters.

2) Other Titans: From the trailer there are 17 I think. Are they getting in? Probably not unless one battles another monster so we can see SOME type of feats for it.

Lastly to address retiring monsters and my reasoning for them.

1) Mothra Heisei - I'd replace her with Legendary Mothra. A CQC Mothra is COMPLETELY different to what has come before, and Leo is in essence Mothra Heisei taken to its absolute peak in regards to power.

2) King Ghidorah Heisei - This one is kinda obvious. Mecha King Ghidorah is the superior version of the character in regards to powers and Legendary will be popular.

3) Daigoro & Goliath. Still getting retired. In fact, I'd say by summers end.

4) Insert Terror Beast Here - Thinking on this matter a bit more, I have to agree with Titano. Jikiro does seem like the weaker option. Not decided on this issue though.

5) Frankenstein - Woah guys, hold on. Frankenstein was one I was considering, but not actively pushing. Don't expect him to vanish anytime soon compared to the others.

Some final things to note:

- I am reconsidering the armor titan as the popularity of the other two titans seems to be fleeting at best. I am intent on keeping them in though.
- I'll probably make a poll forum on TK with top retirement candidates so people can voice opinions and I can get better data on this.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon