The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
Gigantis
Sazer

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by Gigantis »

^Kaishin has literally been promised to be in the K.W.C since..2016? C'mon, it's about time something comes up with him.

Like you said once, people just don't care about certain monsters. Nobody wanted Godzillasaurus since he was included, i can't recall anyone except Birdman really liking the Terror Beast. But even though some only have on or two matches (the Titans, Ultraseven etc) people are still interested in them.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

tyrantgoji wrote:^Kaishin has literally been promised to be in the K.W.C since..2016? C'mon, it's about time something comes up with him.

Like you said once, people just don't care about certain monsters. Nobody wanted Godzillasaurus since he was included, i can't recall anyone except Birdman really liking the Terror Beast. But even though some only have on or two matches (the Titans, Ultraseven etc) people are still interested in them.
I do like the Terror Beasts, though I usually prefer Zandora and Jikiro since they’re at least more versatile then Spyler and Wargilgar.

Really, the only lad that I wish wouldn’t get retire is C-Rex since I like him.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

tyrantgoji wrote: i can't recall anyone except Birdman really liking the Terror Beast.
I like Wargilgar and I've said my distain for him getting retired in the past.

Even if I haven't written anything with him due to writer's block fucking me over. I do respect the decision and reasoning as to why he's being retired... I'm still not happy about it tho! :P
Last edited by GodzillavsZilla on Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

TitanoGoji16 wrote:
Yeah... This is really starting to feel more and more like "Let's get rid of everything Christian brought to the K.W.C."
So let me say, I have NEVER, not once, said we should get rid of these monsters because you brought them in. Assuming that is a bit of an overreaction if I may say so.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:but you're going to bring in monsters like Behemoth (who I love, but I thought the entire thing was waiting to see if he shows off any powers in Godzilla vs. Kong first) and Kaishin Muba (who doesn't even do anything and is killed by a single human being).
From the top we have Black Moth, Colossal Titan, Dogora, Gezora, Shin Godzilla, Godzillasaurus, Kumasogami & Maguma. NONE of these monsters fought another monster, but we have them in the K.W.C. because their stated abilities are unique enough to bring them in. Well, minus one and he is now retired.

I was swayed with this information and how the book does detail Behemoth's traits. For the K.W.C., we will be drawing from both sources. Also, the feedback I received overwhelmingly wished for his inclusion. Sticking to my proposal for transparency and keeping with the communities' wishes, I decided to include him and give him the green light.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:Do you guys really think Kaishin Muba is going to have a long, glorious career in the K.W.C.?
I think he'll do just fine. To be fair Kumasogami did squat in the movie yet he is one of the most popular villains in the K.W.C. Plenty of history to support Kaishin might have a similar run.
TitanoGoji16 wrote: I knew retiring Godzillasaurus - yet another of the monsters I brought onto the roster - was starting down a slippery slope.
If you think the monsters are being retired and we DON"T have replacements in the works, let me assure you now that we do. And some, like Angira, have not been stated to maximize the surprise for when they do come out.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:I mean, really, I haven't seen Gabara or Gaira or Legion or Hedorah or Jet Jaguar or GAMERA in a while, either - Will we be retiring them as well?

ACTUALLY...places nerd glasses on face... we recently enacted a new system where I can see EVERY match in our inventory the moment a verifier receives it. No change in our system of course, but it should alleviate the drought you described. This should also allow monsters which haven't had a match in a while to get a "fast track" or maybe allow a monster which has alot of matches to be used in a way not able before.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:The entire reason Heisei Ghidorah was retired way back when wasn't because "nobody uses him" - We didn't give a shit about that. We retired him because we were introducing yet another Ghidorah at the time - Grand Ghidorah...
I knew retiring Godzillasaurus - yet another of the monsters I brought onto the roster - was starting down a slippery slope.
We retired Godzillasaurus for Shin Godzilla. But I mean, you're right, completely different scenario :P

But look, overall, some monsters may be retired for now but they may also return one day. Maybe retiring them will cause them to gain some interest and people will write matches for them. I mean, King Ghidorah H got more matches after his retirement then he did prior to his removal. If that isn't a glaring beacon of positivity from being retired, I don't know what is.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I don't normally care about the KWC beyond reading a match or two when I'm listening to music, but I'd just like to pipe in and say that Kaishin Muba is a boring choice for an inclusion because literally anything he does can be done better and more interestingly by other monsters already in the thing.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Now that he mentions about monsters not having allot of matches, does Biollante have a match waiting to be uploaded?
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

tyrantgoji wrote:^So..your saying that X and Grey are biased against you? Yes i know that it kinda sucks that some of these characters are getting retired, but you're seriously just gonna assume that?
Allow me to clarify in case I didn't communicate things as well as I thought I had. I don't think they have a personal vendetta or scheme or whatever against me (at least, I'd hope not...) I just find it rather odd that like 95-99% of the monsters getting retired are all ones I brought in.
tyrantgoji wrote:And yes we know maybe Kaishin isn't gonna have the best career, but at least people are up to use him! Unlike Diagoro or Goliath.
But if we know ahead of time that Kaishin Muba isn't gonna be in a lot of matches, then why are we even bringing him in? Not having a lot of match is supposedly why all these other kaiju are getting retired.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Titano and/or Christian (I dont know people's names)
Titano is Christian. :P
Greyshot151 wrote:So let me say, I have NEVER, not once, said we should get rid of these monsters because you brought them in. Assuming that is a bit of an overreaction if I may say so.
And, like, logically and objectively, I know this? But, as I said a few lines up, when nearly every single monster getting retired are ones I introduced, whether it's intentional or not...

Greyshot151 wrote:If you think the monsters are being retired and we DON"T have replacements in the works, let me assure you now that we do.
Oh, I'm sure you have plenty of other kaiju coming to the roster, that wasn't my concern. I've just never been a fan of the whole "get rid of old characters to make way for new ones" mentality. Take Smash Bros., for example. I don't give a damn if they've added Lucario if we've lost Mewtwo in the process.
Greyshot151 wrote:We retired Godzillasaurus for Shin Godzilla. But I mean, you're right, completely different scenario :P
And I still insist that Godzillasaurus is not "a Godzilla." Just because the word is in his name doesn't make him one. He has no powers, not even a kangaroo kick. No atomic ray, no regeneration. He's a dinosaur. A very durable one, but a dinosaur nonetheless. At the very least, he's only a technically related character, like Biollante or SpaceGodzilla or Mechagodzilla. In my eyes, it makes about as much sense to consider Gorosaurus "a Godzilla."
Greyshot151 wrote:But look, overall, some monsters may be retired for now but they may also return one day. Maybe retiring them will cause them to gain some interest and people will write matches for them. I mean, King Ghidorah H got more matches after his retirement then he did prior to his removal. If that isn't a glaring beacon of positivity from being retired, I don't know what is.
I mean, renewed interest didn't exactly do Godzillasaurus a lot of good. >_>
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

soulgodzilla wrote:Now that he mentions about monsters not having allot of matches, does Biollante have a match waiting to be uploaded?
Rest assured, she's got a match in the line up. ;) Hopefully we'll be seeing her sooner than later.

As far as retiring goes, it partially cannot be helped that a lot of the ones applicable for the cutting table are ones TG brought in, and that is due to their age. Especially with the system in place, we now have a solid idea of who has matches and who doesn't, making it easier to determine who'll get the axe. If I had to narrow it down, I'd say anything before Match 200 is on the table. Those monsters have been given a respectable amount of time for matches to be written for, which includes monsters we've introduced. Then once 2021 comes by, we'll re-assess again and see who'll bite the dust in the future.

Here's the thing. The core community, which I say are the people here who write matches or post on these threads (or just generally more involved with the KWC than your average reader), love these combatants for their quirks, moreso than the people actually reading them. And if not love, then indifferent at worst (with a few exceptions). It's often writers who have to conjure a match, write it, and try and see how they can make the monster fun and interesting. So they often have to think of how to explore the monster(s) used in the match to differentiate it from the others. And it's a fun process that allows writers to get to know the monsters better, or interpret them in their own way. So in a way, all monsters on the roster are part of the family. Because we want them to shine in such a way that maybe their respective movies or shows couldn't, or explore the potential these characters possess.

However, there are two sides to the coin that always needs to be accounted for. There's us, the writers and creators, then there's the audience. I think it's important to take a step back and look at the bigger picture, and that is the audience who reads them. If the readers aren't happy with certain inclusions, then that has to be accounted for. And I think Greyshot bringing that into the picture is a fair way to gauge who's actually interested in what, because let's face it, the writers and readers have very different views. And we have to try and accommodate for both.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GmkGoji »

Not gonna lie, i'm kind of sad I havn't been able to make a banner for an official match.
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

If I remember correctly there wasn't a top 10 favorite monsters / top 10 least favorite monsters list this time around, would definitely help gauge what people want to see and maybe not see?
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

GmkGoji wrote:Not gonna lie, i'm kind of sad I havn't been able to make a banner for an official match.
You don't understand when matches are uploaded. Matches getting approved takes a while. As in we're still getting matches from like 2016 if I'm remembering right. Reason none of your banners have shown up is you weren't around for most of the ones being submitted. You'll get yours eventually, chill.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:Titano is Christian. :P
Ah! My bad, sorry I suffer from I'm a dumbass disorder :lol:
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
TitanoGoji16 wrote:Titano is Christian. :P
Ah! My bad, sorry I suffer from I'm a dumbass disorder :lol:
Don’t you mean Ding Dong disorder? :lol:
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Gotta be real here.

After shooting down things like Pokemon (shot down is a understatement, more like nuked from orbit), retiring things like the Terror Beasts, and considering cutting things like Maguma.

Kaishin Muba feels like a slap in the face, y'know? Oh boy, another Heisei feller from a movie nobody really watched.

But, I'm still interested in writing stuff for him, because I just think he's neat.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Nathus214 wrote:Gotta be real here.

After shooting down things like Pokemon (shot down is a understatement, more like nuked from orbit), retiring things like the Terror Beasts, and considering cutting things like Maguma.

Kaishin Muba feels like a slap in the face, y'know? Oh boy, another Heisei feller from a movie nobody really watched.

But, I'm still interested in writing stuff for him, because I just think he's neat.
Nah, I get it. Just among the obscure-ish monsters we're cutting, here comes another weirdo. Granted, Kaishin Muba technically had already been confirmed--though more heavily hinted at the point of obviousness. :P So this was just to confirm that. It just came in the midst of all the other news thrown at everyone at once. Plus, I've been curious to flex my Kaishin Muba muscles for a while, see how much fun I can have with the dude.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Poor Kashin Muba's like an original Galar Pokemon lol

Everyone angrier with who's leaving to make room for him then who he is

RIP Evan.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Kaishin i honestly felt we needed TBH. We have tons of fire monsters, wind monsters ice monsters etc. But we don't have a teal water themed combatant.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Plus the K.W.C. needed more pseudo-hentai.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

tyrantgoji wrote:Kaishin i honestly felt we needed TBH. We have tons of fire monsters, wind monsters ice monsters etc. But we don't have a teal water themed combatant.
Well to be fair, we do have quite allot of water themed/adaptive swimming combatants. Like we have the Yog Trio, Dagahra, Manda, Titanosaurus, Ebirah, Aqua Mothra, Water Hedorah, Maguma and I guess C-Rex and Gaira if you wanna count them?
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

soulgodzilla wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:Kaishin i honestly felt we needed TBH. We have tons of fire monsters, wind monsters ice monsters etc. But we don't have a teal water themed combatant.
Well to be fair, we do have quite allot of water themed/adaptive swimming combatants. Like we have the Yog Trio, Dagahra, Manda, Titanosaurus, Ebirah, Aqua Mothra, Water Hedorah, Maguma and I guess C-Rex and Gaira if you wanna count them?
Yeah but how many of those are bound to the water?

Think of Kaishin Muba dragging a full on land monster (Anguirus, Frankenstein etc) underwater and slowly drowning them. That's a really cool scenario!
Last edited by Gigantis on Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

tyrantgoji wrote:
soulgodzilla wrote:
Yeah but how many of those ate bound to the water?

Think of Kaishin Muba dragging a full on land monster (Anguirus, Frankenstein etc) underwater and slowly drowning them. That's a really cool scenario!
It's also among things that other kaiju (Dagahra, Manda, Gezora) can do and then some. I get the idea (I like uniqueness too), but I don't see the big deal in this scenario. Everything Kaishin can do, other sea kaiju can do better.