The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
soulgodzilla
Futurian

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by soulgodzilla »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:Shin is almost completely incapable of melee, why does everyone want him in?
My guess is that everyone is getting tired of being able to only use Heisei and Legendary, and hey, why can’t Godzilla get a new incarnation when Ghidorah can get five of them? :lol:
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

I'm kinda indifferent to Shin Godzilla.

Now, another Rodan would be cool, have them be like different members of the same family. Like Lions and Tigers.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

I mean, to be fair, I think Shin would be a nice contrast to the (Adult :lol:) Godzilla group. We have Heisei who, while his film depictions are more projectile-based, is generally treated as the well-rounded type (though nowhere near the melee fighter Showa Godzilla is, but Fake Godzilla is the compromise); we have Legendary, who's usually depicted as the physical tank and hard-hitter, but lacking in far-ranged combat; then we would hypothetically have Shin, who puts a ton of emphasis on his beams, but little in melee. Since Shin is technically all-seeing, writing him could be interesting. The unfortunate part is, while melee/tanks can have many varied possibilities, shooting beams can only carry a match for so long. It's why I enjoyed Shin Orga; he had the melee aspect on his side, so it made writing Shin Orga a lot more versatile compared to Shin Godzilla.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

UltimateDitto wrote:I'm kinda indifferent to Shin Godzilla.

Now, another Rodan would be cool, have them be like different members of the same family. Like Lions and Tigers.
Like Showa Rodan, would like to see that get in.

Added in 7 minutes 59 seconds:
KaijuX wrote:I mean, to be fair, I think Shin would be a nice contrast to the (Adult :lol:) Godzilla group. We have Heisei who, while his film depictions are more projectile-based, is generally treated as the well-rounded type (though nowhere near the melee fighter Showa Godzilla is, but Fake Godzilla is the compromise); we have Legendary, who's usually depicted as the physical tank and hard-hitter, but lacking in far-ranged combat; then we would hypothetically have Shin, who puts a ton of emphasis on his beams, but little in melee. Since Shin is technically all-seeing, writing him could be interesting. The unfortunate part is, while melee/tanks can have many varied possibilities, shooting beams can only carry a match for so long. It's why I enjoyed Shin Orga; he had the melee aspect on his side, so it made writing Shin Orga a lot more versatile compared to Shin Godzilla.
Then we have Millennium Godzilla (1999-2000) who I guess you can say is like a mix of Showa & Heisei? Minus the Burning & Super forms.

And we have Anime, who is nothing more then a living carved tree. :lol:
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

So since obscure monsters being put back on the shelf, will we not see anymore Garoga beasts?
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

I ♡ Image

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

UltimateDitto wrote:So since obscure monsters being put back on the shelf, will we not see anymore Garoga beasts?
Probably not... Maybe. Garoga monsters are still, in hindsight, obscure in the grand scheme of things.

Added in 11 minutes 29 seconds:
Match 212: Daigoro vs. King Kong – 6,447 words

Haven't had the chance to read it since I originally got it, but I do vaguely recall it being a pretty interesting. ;)
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

KaijuX wrote:
UltimateDitto wrote:So since obscure monsters being put back on the shelf, will we not see anymore Garoga beasts?
Probably not... Maybe. Garoga monsters are still, in hindsight, obscure in the grand scheme of things.

Added in 11 minutes 29 seconds:
Match 212: Daigoro vs. King Kong – 6,447 words

Haven't had the chance to read it since I originally got it, but I do vaguely recall it being a pretty interesting. ;)
I’d say the last Garoga monsters that we should include is Spider Uros & Needlar.

Also it’s about damn time Daigoro gets another match, thus breaking King Ghidorah’s record of longest break in the KWC.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

^ He broke KG's record, but Biollante's gonna take the title once she gets a new match.

Anyway, great match. Nice banner. Cool to see Daigoro again. The action was great. I really liked Daigoro's motivation here.
Spoiler:
Nice seeing supercharged Kong lose, its not that I hate supercharged Kong, he just wins too much.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

And once Biollante breaks that record, I will be happy.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Finally new match! It's been nearly a hundred years since we got one. :D

Just joking. I remember reading this. Definitely among my favorites by Birdman. :)

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Spoiler:
That match got to me real good. I was rooting for Daigoro the whole time!

I love the whole born in an era where most monsters we're good, but over time died or reverted back to savagery. It was also interesting to see Kong and his lady have a sort of subplot that Daigoro was unaware of.

Heck this was awesome, good job Connor Clennel, aka Birdman. :huge:

I ♡ Image

godzillafan1954
EDF Instructor

Post by godzillafan1954 »

Eh. This match is an easy skip for me. I might get to it eventually, but nah, for now, I'll pass.
I hate Daigoro with a burning passion

I should probably catch up with the other matches, since I haven't read one since 198... :|
eabaker wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:31 am
Jetty_Jags wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:11 am I’d consider 2001 baragon to have some pink undertones.
I hear a distant rumbling... What's that?! It's coming from under the ground!

Oh, God! It's Baragon with Pink undertones! Can't you hear its terrifying cry?!

"Baragooooooon's comin' up, so you better get this party started!"

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

When I read the title of the latest one I thought to myself, "If Kong loses this one I'll eat my hat".
Spoiler:
I'm now short a hat.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Monster X wrote:When I read the title of the latest one I thought to myself, "If Kong loses this one I'll eat my hat".
Spoiler:
I'm now short a hat.
Spoiler:
And what hat did you eat?
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

Shazam14
EDF Instructor

Post by Shazam14 »

My boy on a bit of a losing streak, eh?

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Shazam14 wrote:My boy on a bit of a losing streak, eh?
Indeed, I'm kind of disturbed by that considering he's the reason we have these monsters to this day as without him, they wouldn't exist. One would think they'd be giving the Eighth Wonder of the World more wins like with Heisei Godzilla. :dizzy:
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Well, it's how it sorta comes and goes. I'm sure he'll get more wins eventually, it's just the decision of Greyshot to have more "Kong loses" matches, especially for monsters with low win counts or what have you.

Pair of kings.

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

KaijuX wrote:Well, it's how it sorta comes and goes. I'm sure he'll get more wins eventually, it's just the decision of Greyshot to have more "Kong loses" matches, especially for monsters with low win counts or what have you.
Honestly, I'm kindda glad Kong lost this one. I can't begin to tell you how tired I am of Kong getting supercharged by a random lightning storm out of nowhere (Deus EX Kongina) and utterly dominating the fight
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

In light of all of Kong's recent defeats, I guess we can say that Dong has gone limp.
Last edited by GodzillavsJason on Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

GodzillavsJason wrote:In light of all of Kong's recent defeats, I can guess we can say that Dong has gone limp.

I ♡ Image