The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
Gerdzerl

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by Gerdzerl »

Does anyone here have a link to the KWC Discord server? I would like to join.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Gerdzerl wrote:Does anyone here have a link to the KWC Discord server? I would like to join.
Just send KaijuX a PM. He’s the one in charge of the discord server.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

People really put way too much time and energy into the whole overused/underused, win/loss ratio thing. It's big rubber monsters beating the tar out of each other. Some win, some lose. Just enjoy the matches.

I mean, if we go by the movies, some monsters don't have ANY wins. AT ALL.
soulgodzilla wrote:Ah, well I think he would be fine as a skin. Or that idea that GVJ mentioned in that one video of MUTO Prime being like an eco fighter.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

TitanoGoji16 wrote:People really put way too much time and energy into the whole overused/underused, win/loss ratio thing. It's big rubber monsters beating the tar out of each other. Some win, some lose. Just enjoy the matches.

I mean, if we go by the movies, some monsters don't have ANY wins. AT ALL.
soulgodzilla wrote:Ah, well I think he would be fine as a skin. Or that idea that GVJ mentioned in that one video of MUTO Prime being like an eco fighter.
*image*
Oh, we do enjoy matches. But sometimes, wouldn’t you get a bit sick of seeing this happening all the time? Seeing Zilla and Ultraman win all the time while eeing Baragon and Megalon win all the time? Seeing Monster X and Gigan get the most matches uploaded while Ultraseven and Orochi are underused?

I don’t see no problem with that.

And lemme guess, its because of the whole “his name is different because he is called “MUTO” just with a extra name added” thing, isn’t it?
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

soulgodzilla wrote: Oh, we do enjoy matches. But sometimes, wouldn’t you get a bit sick of seeing this happening all the time? Seeing Zilla and Ultraman win all the time while eeing Baragon and Megalon win all the time? Seeing Monster X and Gigan get the most matches uploaded while Ultraseven and Orochi are underused?

And lemme guess, its because of the whole “his name is different because he is called “MUTO” just with a extra name added” thing, isn’t it?
It’s more that MUTO Prime is far different than the other two MUTOs in its abilities and looks. Thus, having it as a skin, or as an “Echo” Fighter, wouldn’t make as much sense.

Also, you can blame all the win loss ratio stuff on us writers as we are the ones making them like this. Same with the underused/overused monsters. The only reason some monsters don’t show up is because nobody wants to write with them or they can’t think of something to write them with. Also people tend to follow the cliches such as an underdog pulling through or a hero beating the villain. Either way, it’s easier to just read or write for enjoyment than to worry over a win/loss ratio or over/underused monsters.
_______

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Nagoda wrote:
soulgodzilla wrote: Oh, we do enjoy matches. But sometimes, wouldn’t you get a bit sick of seeing this happening all the time? Seeing Zilla and Ultraman win all the time while eeing Baragon and Megalon win all the time? Seeing Monster X and Gigan get the most matches uploaded while Ultraseven and Orochi are underused?

It’s more that MUTO Prime is far different than the other two MUTOs in its abilities and looks. Thus, having it as a skin, or as an “Echo” Fighter, wouldn’t make as much sense.

Also, you can blame all the win loss ratio stuff on us writers as we are the ones making them like this. Same with the underused/overused monsters. The only reason some monsters don’t show up is because nobody wants to write with them or they can’t think of something to write them with. Also people tend to follow the cliches such as an underdog pulling through or a hero beating the villain. Either way, it’s easier to just read or write for enjoyment than to worry over a win/loss ratio or over/underused monsters.
Then again, you’re right, if MUTO Prime is gonna be viewed as something like Spacegodzilla.

Well then, I guess some people could have some good reasons of not wanting to write a certain monster, kinda like me when I kinda had writer’s block of writing a Shin Godzilla match.
Last edited by soulgodzilla on Wed May 29, 2019 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

CommanderBowser
Monsterland Worker

Post by CommanderBowser »

Looks like I'll be the first to talk about the new match

It is short, yet fun to read
Spoiler:
A bit one-sided, but the Kamacuras did put up a fight, and the Xillen Commander is always a delight. I wonder what other kaiju he has in store
I guess the Skullcrawler got no match in the legendary brawl.
Just your average fan of Godzilla, who also loves cartoons and Super Smash Bros

FWI, Bowser is my Smash Main, hence my user name.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

CommanderBowser wrote:Looks like I'll be the first to talk about the new match

Spoiler:
A bit one-sided, but the Kamacuras did put up a fight, and the Xillen Commander is always a delight. I wonder what other kaiju he has in store
What makes you say that? Who says May-hem is ending the 31st ;)
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

A nice match. Banner is pretty good looking as well.
_______

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Greyshot151 wrote:
CommanderBowser wrote:Looks like I'll be the first to talk about the new match

Spoiler:
What makes you say that? Who says May-hem is ending the 31st ;)
Oooh, so its a month event with five matches instead of four? Interesting.
Spoiler:
As for the match, it’s a fine one, at least the banner is great and the Kamacuras put up a good fight.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

If that's the case, then expect more than five matches.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

New match. Match is ok. A great banner by KaijuX. Also, this match didn’t take over a week to get up. It’s a sign! Something is probably going to go wrong!
Spoiler:
I should have expected for it to end that way considering who the combatants were.
Last edited by Nagoda on Thu May 30, 2019 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_______

Shazam14
EDF Instructor

Post by Shazam14 »

Greyshot151 wrote:
soulgodzilla wrote:But if you do retire them, and I’m predicting that you’ll likely say no to this one. But since it’s two TV monsters that are likely gonna be retired, would you replace them for Spider Uros? Since I know that GVJ once mentioned about wanting that guy to get in.
Spider Uros is a good idea if only to get him in briefly. Or if he's popular he might stay. Again, my 2 main factors for removing a monster is keeping the status quo on duplicates (examples include Godzillas, Mechagodzillas & Ghidorahs) and amount of matches the monster is used in. Right now, my retire list from most to least likely include the following:
1) Daigoro
2) Goliath
3) King Ghidorah (Heisei)
(All the above a matter of when, not if)
4) Mothra (Heisei)
5) Jikiro
6) Frankenstein
7) Spyler & Wargilgar
I know I'm extremely late to the party, but this list is pretty lame. I don't see the need to retire any of these kaiju other than Heisei King Ghidorah. I knew retiring Godzillasaurus was going to open pandora's box, but damn. If anything, I'd say the Titans should have never been brought in, and HKG should get re-retired. Otherwise, I think the roster is fine.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Shazam14 wrote:I know I'm extremely late to the party, but this list is pretty lame. I don't see the need to retire any of these kaiju other than Heisei King Ghidorah. I knew retiring Godzillasaurus was going to open pandora's box, but damn. If anything, I'd say the Titans should have never been brought in, and HKG should get re-retired. Otherwise, I think the roster is fine.
Agreed. I'd rather see the Titans go instead of Frankenstein. They're generic and there's nothing to them. Basically just naked oversized humans with insane regeneration.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

No one liked the live-action Attack on Titan movies anyway.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

CommanderBowser
Monsterland Worker

Post by CommanderBowser »

Another match already, that was fast.

I was right, there was no Skullcrawler match for the month.
Spoiler:
Another fun match and a fun rematch, and just in time for Godzilla: King of the Monsters
Just your average fan of Godzilla, who also loves cartoons and Super Smash Bros

FWI, Bowser is my Smash Main, hence my user name.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Birdman wrote:No one liked the live-action Attack on Titan movies anyway.
If the movie were to have the original characters from the anime/manga (like have them show up in like a sequel to the two films) then maybe it could have redeemed itself.

Added in 1 minute 59 seconds:
Spoiler:
Also, this match was really fun to read through, love the banner, the fight was rather grizzly and its cool how Gojira was in this for a story purpose. All and all, really great match that ends in a tie.

Also I’m glad that its another Round 2 match, really refreshing to see that.
Added in 9 minutes 7 seconds:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Shazam14 wrote:I know I'm extremely late to the party, but this list is pretty lame. I don't see the need to retire any of these kaiju other than Heisei King Ghidorah. I knew retiring Godzillasaurus was going to open pandora's box, but damn. If anything, I'd say the Titans should have never been brought in, and HKG should get re-retired. Otherwise, I think the roster is fine.
Agreed. I'd rather see the Titans go instead of Frankenstein. They're generic and there's nothing to them. Basically just naked oversized humans with insane regeneration.
While I was kinda iffy on the idea of Attack and Armored Titans being way taller then 15 meters tall and the idea of them being in the roster because, well, they’re ded the moment their napes are destroyed (that and I would have liked it if were allowed to have either Attack Titan’s berserk mode or hardening ability) But I still kinda see potential use of them, especially for Eren since we can at least write him and the others as their anime/manga counterparts, and there could be some potential for story writing.

As for Shazam, I’m kinda with him on the whole unnecessary retirements, except for Spyler and maybe Wargilgar.
Last edited by soulgodzilla on Fri May 31, 2019 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

I’m really glad people seem to be liking my match.

It’s not exactly my best match by any means, but I feel like I did a good job. Especially given the difficulty of writing a match where both combatants are different versions of the same monster. Not a bad first impression, hopefully.
Spoiler:
Some trivia, Heisei Godzilla was originally intended to be the winner. Whether I forgot to make that clear in the original submission of the match or if that was changed in the editing process, I don’t know. Not complaining, the result being a tie makes way more sense anyway.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

As expected I got lost..a lot.

Kinda hard to enjoy this one when trying to figure out who is doing what.

That's just me personally.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

new match is good, but also kinda confusing. i got confused on which godzilla was which!

also featured nice human dialogue and some nice action sequences.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!