The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Found fanart of Match 176
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

So...I has another question...

Who is the K.W.C continuity master?

Who knows the most about what will work...& what won't?
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Grievous wrote:So...I has another question...

Who is the K.W.C continuity master?

Who knows the most about what will work...& what won't?
Read this- https://www.tohokingdom.com/kwc/faq.html

And here’s your roster- https://www.tohokingdom.com/kwc/kaiju_stats.html#ang
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

PitchBlackProgress wrote: Read this- https://www.tohokingdom.com/kwc/faq.html

And here’s your roster- https://www.tohokingdom.com/kwc/kaiju_stats.html#ang
Yes...

I'm well aware of that information...

I guess I should have just asked if anyone was willing to collaborate with me &
be given an editing (& if needed a co-writing) credit?

My biggest flaw as a "writer" is I'm terrible at editing & re-drafting.

Like when I get an idea/s it just spills out of me into a giant mess of words.

Plus seeing as I'm new to the K.W.C...I don't think it would hurt to have a "seasoned expert"
cast their eyes over my work before it goes "public"
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

You know I just had a pretty funny thought

I was thinking since it's been done in the past for Kiryu. What about a match where he went rogue, his DNA container was broken and that allowed him to regrow partially so you have this half/half Kiryu and Godzilla hybrid that could use most of his powers but had access to atomic breath as well?

Sorta like this

Heck that would be a nice cheesy way to get a Showa Godzilla into the KWC in a way far superior to Fake Godzilla because he would have (depending on the writer) most of Kiryu's powers combined with Godzilla's

Plus it would just be cool
Last edited by ROMG4 on Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Match: 250
Spoiler:
I have to say I really liked this match! While it was a little disappointing that the Red Bamboo weren't given much screen time or development the development and interaction between the main characters totally made up for it. I really like the tweaks done to Seatopia's lore and the Nebulans as well. I think it's my favorite "Villain" match now,

This will always be my favorite passage in a KWC forever

"But Emperor Antonio wasn't pleading to Belvera for help. No, he was asking someone even smaller than her. The little person in his belt buckle came to life. It moved swiftly behind the Xilien, quickly altering his size to meet him at eye level. The Xilien Commander's surprise was paramount. The little person was a kaleidoscopic robot, with a permanent grin and black sunken eyes. Its slick, metallic head curved upward.

"Jet Jaguar," Emperor Antonio said, liberating himself from the Xilien's grip. "Punch!"

Jet Jaguar complied with a thunderous right hook. The Xilien Commander was sent flying into the vault door, hitting the door so hard he left an impression."

Just imaging this is absolute epicness

Of course it's nothing compared to what another SPECIAL character did
Last edited by ROMG4 on Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

250 was an excellent match. The human/alien characters were properly fleshed out, the action (both from the monsters and people) was intense and well paced, and the story itself was very well written.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

ROMG4 wrote:You know I just had a pretty funny thought

I was thinking since it's been done in the past for Kiryu. What about a match where he went rogue, his DNA container was broken and that allowed him to regrow partially so you have this half/half Kiryu and Godzilla hybrid that could use most of his powers but had access to atomic breath as well?

Sorta like this

Heck that would be a nice cheesy way to get a Showa Godzilla into the KWC in a way far superior to Fake Godzilla because he would have (depending on the writer) most of Kiryu's powers combined with Godzilla's

This was referenced at the end of Kiryu vs. Hedorah, but as a form in a battle I would say no. Cool reference, but it shouldn't be anything more than that.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Greyshot151 wrote:

Sorta like this

This was referenced at the end of Kiryu vs. Hedorah, but as a form in a battle I would say no. Cool reference, but it shouldn't be anything more than that.
I suppose you are right. Still it would be a cool twist to a match and allow writers to have a Showaesque/GMK portrayal with the twist of Kiryu powers. I suppose you could call it a Battle Godzilla

@Kaijux

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWEM5T67jA8

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Match 250 had some really good story in it. The banner looks nice as well.
Spoiler:
I really enjoyed the Villain aspect of this match with the various Godzilla villains fighting amongst each other. Also enjoyed the usage of the Space Hunter Nebula M aliens and the Godzilla Tower using its lasers.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Honestly, this banner is pretty mediocre. There's a lot of clear quality differences with the source material used and it needs a lot of work. The characters standing on the corner especially look bad, they're all just standing awkwardly in the space looking at nothing.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Sorta like this

*image*

Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

soulgodzilla wrote:

Sorta like this

*image*

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

ROMG4 wrote:
soulgodzilla wrote:

Sorta like this

*image*

*Marth disapproves*
*Evil Patrick approves*
How dare you use a Evil Patrick gif on me! :lol:

Aside from that...
Spoiler:
I will say that this match was incredibly fun to read through despite being a bit long, really enjoyed the villains even though Captain Ryuui role was short. But geez, that meat grinder part kinda changed my perspective on the Space Hunter Nebula M. :shock:

Also I’m glad to see Megalon get victory on this one, and hey, another match for Zandora! :D
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

fanofstuff
Monsterland Worker

Post by fanofstuff »

Match 250- Battra & Megalon vs Zandora vs Monster X - 9,335 words

This is for my money the best human story the KWC has seen and is honestly the only KWC match where I preferred the Human story(or I guess Alien, Fairy and Robot story would be a better description) than the Monster story. Not saying the monster fighting was bad, but the characters were written beautifully and worked off each other amazingly.
Spoiler:
Also, damn, that blood wine drinking scene.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

fanofstuff wrote:Match 250- Battra & Megalon vs Zandora vs Monster X - 9,335 words

This is for my money the best human story the KWC has seen and is honestly the only KWC match where I preferred the Human story(or I guess Alien, Fairy and Robot story would be a better description) than the Monster story. Not saying the monster fighting was bad, but the characters were written beautifully and worked off each other amazingly.
Spoiler:
Also, damn, that blood wine drinking scene.
Spoiler:
Ikr?! Its pretty messed up!
Added in 31 minutes 48 seconds:
I can’t help but see Monster X is using the Godzilla Tower’s head as a mask. :lol:
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

Shazam14
EDF Instructor

Post by Shazam14 »

That was a really fun match to read. I thoroughly enjoyed it greatly. Damn it feels good to read Tom's matches again. They're what got me into the KWC so I hope to see even more in the future.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Oh yeah! Forgot that this was a Tom match! And because of that, I gotta say, this might be my favorite match that he’s ever written next to Match 13 and 25.
Last edited by soulgodzilla on Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

Tomzilla
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by Tomzilla »

Hey, thank you, everyone, for the feedback. I appreciate it and I'm happy you liked the match. It felt good writing a KWC story again. I'm looking forward to not only writing more but reading what you guys have in the works, too.
soulgodzilla wrote:Added in 31 minutes 48 seconds:
I can’t help but see Monster X is using the Godzilla Tower’s head as a mask. :lol:
:D

Good. That was the intent.
Monster Sightings Video: GHIDORAH | King of Terror!
“Everyone, deep in their hearts, is waiting for the end of the world to come.”

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

What happened to your last name Tom? Last I remembered it was Singleton? Did you get married and changed it to your wifes surname?
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.