The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
Gigantis
Sazer

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by Gigantis »

Stump Feet wrote:Eh, I’m not a big fan of the KWCE, doesn’t get as much attention as the KWC.

I’d probably write a match or three if I had the time but being a family man, free time to write isn’t a luxury I have sadly.

I’m more of a concept dude anyway.
Hey i'm gonna be busy as poop because of school for the next couple months and everyone else who writes has stuff to do as well like family issues and other stuff but that isn't gonna stop us! :D

Just saying tho,if you do write a match don't go overboard and write a huge "vs. everyone match" or something like that...take it from me because that's what i tried when i first got into this and i failed. MISERABLY :lol:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

I probably write matches for the KWCE more often then the KWC, because with a bigger roster of monsters and forms/incarnations to choose, it gives off a much more verity and opportunity while the KWC wouldn't allow anymore TV/Ultra Kaijus and theres a limit to how many incarnations of a specific Kaiju there can be.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

MothraRocks
Futurian

Post by MothraRocks »

Would someone mind reiterating the details about the upcoming retirements and replacements incoming? Sorry to ask but I can only foggily recall the dets and I have dug through this thread up and down looking for them. I understand that LP Ghidorah is getting in to replace Heisei, is that the same for LP Mothra replacing Heisei Mothra, or is it Tokyo SOS/FW Mothra coming in? And how's Rodan looking?

Additionally, if I was gonna write a match with any of these guys (the new incarnations), can I go off of stats from just places like Wikizilla or stuff observed in the movie? Just asking since TK doesn't have it's own stats for these guys up yet. Thanks
"And if something good can come from bad, the past can Rest In Peace."

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

MothraRocks wrote:Would someone mind reiterating the details about the upcoming retirements and replacements incoming? Sorry to ask but I can only foggily recall the dets and I have dug through this thread up and down looking for them. I understand that LP Ghidorah is getting in to replace Heisei, is that the same for LP Mothra replacing Heisei Mothra, or is it Tokyo SOS/FW Mothra coming in? And how's Rodan looking?
Right on Legendary Ghidorah replacing Heisei. 2003/4 Mothra is replacing Heisei Mothra as the Toho Mothra iirc, additionally Legendary Rodan is coming in as the American Rodan like Godzilla, Mothra, and Ghidorah.

Daigoro and Goliath are also getting retired, but I don't think anyone's replacing them.
MothraRocks wrote: Additionally, if I was gonna write a match with any of these guys (the new incarnations), can I go off of stats from just places like Wikizilla or stuff observed in the movie? Just asking since TK doesn't have it's own stats for these guys up yet. Thanks
I'm assuming any source you can get your hands on; the movie and Wikis or TK (whenever they get posted). That's what I do for any monster or character that I've written in my matches, as long as it's not something like "Ghidorah can shoot lasers out of his ass" without a source :lol: .
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

MothraRocks wrote:, is that the same for LP Mothra replacing Heisei Mothra, or is it Tokyo SOS/FW Mothra coming in? And how's Rodan looking?
And to add to what GvZ is saying, Monsterverse Mothra is still being added to the roster even with Millenium Mothra replacing Heisei.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Why is Mothra 03 being added?
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Stump Feet wrote:Why is Mothra 03 being added?
Because Greyshot feels that Heisei Mothra is, for the purposes of the KWC, just a weaker Mothra Leo, as in anything you could do with Heisei Mothra you could do with Leo. Something along those lines, i could be forgetting details.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:
Because Greyshot feels that Heisei Mothra is, for the purposes of the KWC, just a weaker Mothra Leo, as in anything you could do with Heisei Mothra you could do with Leo. Something along those lines, i could be forgetting details.
And for '03/4, you can actually use her as Showa Mothra since she pretty much is Showa Mothra continuity wise.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
On my wall. ;)
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

GodzillavsZilla wrote: And for '03/4, you can actually use her as Showa Mothra since she pretty much is Showa Mothra continuity wise.
I understood why Heisei Mothra was getting retired but this makes sense since there isn’t exactly another Mothra worth being added.
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

GodzillavsZilla wrote:
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:
And for '03/4, you can actually use her as Showa Mothra since she pretty much is Showa Mothra continuity wise.
So... hybridization on Showa and 03/04 Mothra? :lol:
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

MothraRocks
Futurian

Post by MothraRocks »

GodzillavsZilla wrote: as long as it's not something like "Ghidorah can shoot lasers out of his ass" without a source :lol: .
BRB gonna go tweet Mike and ask him to confirm something for me (thanks for the answer btw!)
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:And to add to what GvZ is saying, Monsterverse Mothra is still being added to the roster even with Millenium Mothra replacing Heisei.
That's awesome! :D She should be fun to write with! Both of them lol
GodzillavsZilla wrote:And for '03/4, you can actually use her as Showa Mothra since she pretty much is Showa Mothra continuity wise.
soulgodzilla wrote:So... hybridization on Showa and 03/04 Mothra? :lol:
This could actually be pretty interesting to work with to be honest. Showa, SOS, and FW all have a scale/powder effect, but all have a different effect (poisoning the opponent, reflecting energy weapons, and short-circuiting machinery respectively), and could give the new KWC Mothra some very interesting fighting styles depending on who she is up against. It's also cool that she balances out with damage to her wings for the deflecting beams powder effect, because realistically that would probably be the most useful.

I'm actually really pumped for these new Mothra additions :D
"And if something good can come from bad, the past can Rest In Peace."

kaijufanforever
G-Force Personnel

Post by kaijufanforever »

GodzillavsZilla wrote:
MothraRocks wrote:Would someone mind reiterating the details about the upcoming retirements and replacements incoming? Sorry to ask but I can only foggily recall the dets and I have dug through this thread up and down looking for them. I understand that LP Ghidorah is getting in to replace Heisei, is that the same for LP Mothra replacing Heisei Mothra, or is it Tokyo SOS/FW Mothra coming in? And how's Rodan looking?
Right on Legendary Ghidorah replacing Heisei. 2003/4 Mothra is replacing Heisei Mothra as the Toho Mothra iirc, additionally Legendary Rodan is coming in as the American Rodan like Godzilla, Mothra, and Ghidorah.

Daigoro and Goliath are also getting retired, but I don't think anyone's replacing them.
MothraRocks wrote: Additionally, if I was gonna write a match with any of these guys (the new incarnations), can I go off of stats from just places like Wikizilla or stuff observed in the movie? Just asking since TK doesn't have it's own stats for these guys up yet. Thanks
I'm assuming any source you can get your hands on; the movie and Wikis or TK (whenever they get posted). That's what I do for any monster or character that I've written in my matches, as long as it's not something like "Ghidorah can shoot lasers out of his ass" without a source :lol: .
I REALLY want to see Ghidorah fart lasers now

CommanderBowser
Monsterland Worker

Post by CommanderBowser »

I was on vacation for more then a week, and I'll be back on a smaller vacation which will last almost a week.

Anyways, another fun match and another fun banner.

Also nice to see Ultraseven get another match.
Just your average fan of Godzilla, who also loves cartoons and Super Smash Bros

FWI, Bowser is my Smash Main, hence my user name.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Wow, what a wowser of a match.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I'm gonna have to read this match later unfortunately,but does the banner mean we can use SNES Bagan as a skin?

Added in 6 minutes 16 seconds:
And holy poop i just realized,where only 5 matches away from...well i won't tell.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

tyrantgoji wrote:I'm gonna have to read this match later unfortunately,but does the banner mean we can use SNES Bagan as a skin?
I think it being in the banner is a definite yes! :D

Reading through it for the first time in a while, I forgot that I didn't really specify what color Bagan was until one brief line at the end so you can totally imagine him as SNES Bagan.

Also, I hope you all enjoy my match! This was my first really big match and even if I have a few gripes about it, I'm very proud that I pulled off a huge match like this.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
On my wall. ;)

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Newest match was pretty good. The writing could certainly have been better, it had issues with repetitiveness and being a bit too fast paced for its own good. But other than that, the match was enjoyable and interesting. The monsters were utilized well.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KWCE Administrator

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

GodzillavsZilla wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:I'm gonna have to read this match later unfortunately,but does the banner mean we can use SNES Bagan as a skin?
I think it being in the banner is a definite yes! :D

Reading through it for the first time in a while, I forgot that I didn't really specify what color Bagan was until one brief line at the end so you can totally imagine him as SNES Bagan.

Also, I hope you all enjoy my match! This was my first really big match and even if I have a few gripes about it, I'm very proud that I pulled off a huge match like this.
With Joe on that--it's a yes. ;) We have 3D models and references to use now, mostly from dopepope. Both the SNES and Grey Bagan are structurally similar, so it's only a cosmetic change.

But yeah, really solid match! Giant matches are never easy, and I'm glad you pulled it off! That said, looking over it, there are definitely some oversights I didn't catch... Mostly because I hadn't achieved "git gud"-ness at the time.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:The writing could certainly have been better, it had issues with repetitiveness and being a bit too fast paced for its own good.
Those are definitely issues in my writing that I need to improve, with this one, there were certain things that I wanted to get over with
Spoiler:
like King Caesar and Rodan still being around, I was just done with them and couldn't think of a way to kill them off faster. I also think the Keizer Ghidorah fight should have been longer, 190 was just posted while I was writing this and I really should have incorporated Bagan's newly introduced powers in there. And if you've read 209, you'll know my repetition problem carried on :P.
I'm happy you liked it through those flaws though man! :D

Oh yeah, gotta mention the awesome banner by Greyshot! It looks great, it reminds me of a movie poster and the images of the monsters are fairly unique aside from Kumonga and Manda. Great work on that man! :mrgreen:
Last edited by GodzillavsZilla on Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
On my wall. ;)

HillyHulk
Yuki Special

Post by HillyHulk »

This was a pretty exciting, intense, and smart battle. A real problem though are numerous comma splices making sentences go on and on.