The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

soulgodzilla wrote:I was thinking of that idea.
Great minds definitely think alike. :)

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Greyshot more or less hit the nail on the head for me. Monster action was a bit short, but nice, I liked the inclusion of the bat men and rats.
Spoiler:
I couldn't help but chuckle when I realized that McKenzie and Malik are over one hundred years old I believe.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

UltimateDitto wrote:
Spoiler:
I couldn't help but chuckle when I realized that McKenzie and Malik are over one hundred years old I believe.
Spoiler:
If memory serves, they are both roughly about 225 years old, with McKenzie a year older than Malik. ;) At least, if you want to put that date from their DOB to their appearance in Latitude Zero (meaning both are about 225 in 1969). Otherwise, their current age (in Match 229) would be roughly 275 years old (give or take).
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

You know what we need after I read Birdman’s comment in the Match Request forums? A month of matches like Mechagodzilla month and Mutober, but with King Ghidorah (Heisei) since he hasn’t gotten any matches uploaded since his return from retirement.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

Not gonna lie, I didn't car too much for the most recent match.
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

Not sure if anyone else noticed, but Grand King Ghidorah's original roster pic is back, nothing important but glad to see it return since it looks way better than the second one he had after the huge KWC update

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Spoiler:
Keep that streak going LP! :D
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Spoiler:
Called it, knew who the winner is obviously gonna be.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

Kaiju Claws
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by Kaiju Claws »

Spoiler:
I don't know, Megalon is a pretty impressive kaiju opponent! I hope you guys liked it!
Big Thanks to Mr. Jackson Morris for the great banner!!! :D
Last edited by Kaiju Claws on Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dungeon Master of the D20 Section

"As long as the arrogance of mankind exists, Godzilla will survive."
- Tomoyuki Tanaka

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

New match was great. I loved the action, and the impact the kaiju had on the environment was awesome. They both truly felt gigantic. So yeah, nice job Kaiju Claws. Looking forward to whatever else you’ve got.
Spoiler:
I was kinda rooting for Megalon, but i’m perfectly content with how good of a fight he put up. I feel most matches just kinda treat Megalon as fodder, so it’s cool to see him depicted as actually threatening for once.

And as for Legendary Godzilla’s winstreak? It’s fine in my opinion, he’ll get losses soon enough. He’s a Godzilla, what did you expect? People chomping at the bit to make him lose?
Also, the banner is really nice looking.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:
Spoiler:
I was kinda rooting for Megalon, but i’m perfectly content with how good of a fight he put up. I feel most matches just kinda treat Megalon as fodder
Spoiler:
At least not when compared to Monster X. :lol:
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:49 am, edited 4 times in total.

Kaiju Claws
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by Kaiju Claws »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:New match was great. I loved the action, and the impact the kaiju had on the environment was awesome. They both truly felt gigantic. So yeah, nice job Kaiju Claws. Looking forward to whatever else you’ve got.
Spoiler:
I was kinda rooting for Megalon, but i’m perfectly content with how good of a fight he put up. I feel most matches just kinda treat Megalon as fodder, so it’s cool to see him depicted as actually threatening for once.
And as for Legendary Godzilla’s winstreak? It’s fine in my opinion, he’ll get losses soon enough. He’s a Godzilla, what did you expect? People chomping at the bit to make him lose?
Also, the banner is really nice looking.
Thanks GodzillavsRayquaza! Those are each truly things I took into consideration as I was writing it; I didn't want anyone to seem too under-powered (I 100% feel like Megalon is a powerful foe and unique creature, given his personality and cool abilities). I also didn't want the environment to seem like it didn't matter. If there's going to be a battle in a city, I want to see it, you know? :)

I've got some more in the pipe; I've just got to put the finishing touches on the next D20 entry tomorrow and then I'll start editing the next one. :D
Dungeon Master of the D20 Section

"As long as the arrogance of mankind exists, Godzilla will survive."
- Tomoyuki Tanaka

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Match 230: Godzilla (Legendary) vs. Megalon - 4,997 words

I don't care what anyone says, this is probably one of the best matches we've had thus far. It's incredibly well detailed, the fight is fantastic, and man, Megalon felt legit! All that I immediately recall from when I received it; I'll have to reread it again when the chance comes around. :D And that banner, bloody gorgeous. ;)
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Is anyone else having font size issues after the first paragraph?
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Birdman wrote:Is anyone else having font size issues after the first paragraph?
You're not the only one seeing that. If it's something everyone else is seeing, I'm going to have my older bro revise that. I think C-Rex vs. Ebirah also had a similar font issue, now that I think about it.

Pair of kings.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

I agree with what everyone else is saying, it was a great, detailed match, with great action!
Spoiler:
I will admit that the upchucking of dynamite kinda came out of nowhere, what was the reason behind it and not just using the regular napalm bomb?
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

I will say, I allowed the Dynamite as its basically a luck based move and it makes sense in context. Very, very, very weird, but with how well written the match was i kinda breezed past it. Also, anyone else seeing the forum break in this thread or no? Like, the page splits have way down the thread for me.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

fanofstuff
Monsterland Worker

Post by fanofstuff »

Greyshot151 wrote:I will say, I allowed the Dynamite as its basically a luck based move and it makes sense in context. Very, very, very weird, but with how well written the match was i kinda breezed past it. Also, anyone else seeing the forum break in this thread or no? Like, the page splits have way down the thread for me.
As I type this response, yes the first half of this page is just nothing. Clearly, this match was so great the forum couldn't contain it.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Spectacular match!
Spoiler:
However, my man Megalon needs some more wins!
Resized Image

Shazam14
EDF Instructor

Post by Shazam14 »

I thoroughly enjoyed the banners for the last two matches, however, I more so enjoyed the writing for Godzilla vs Megalon over Zilla vs Blackmoth. Not to say Zilla vs Blackmoth was bad, it just felt a tad rushed to me. All in all, great matches and I can't wait to see more.