Page 10 of 10

Re: K.W.C. Error Thread

Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:16 am
by tyrantgoji
soulgodzilla wrote:
KaijuX wrote:
soulgodzilla wrote:Come to think of it, wasn’t Baragon Millennium’s origins like Showa’s in Unleashed and Save The Earth?

And ROE, at least under Matt's pen. However, it's best to keep them separate. Besides the difference in origin, GMK Baragon has the soul thing going on (seen at the end of the film); something Showa does not inherently have. Had it not been for that (something I completely forgot to take into consideration in the past), I think there could've been a shot.

Alright, and what about Anguirus and Kumonga Millenniums?


Kumonga's webbing difference stops that from happeneing. Angurius... well including comics Showa can do almost everything Millennium can do, plus.

Re: K.W.C. Error Thread

Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:22 am
by soulgodzilla
tyrantgoji wrote:
soulgodzilla wrote:
KaijuX wrote:And ROE, at least under Matt's pen. However, it's best to keep them separate. Besides the difference in origin, GMK Baragon has the soul thing going on (seen at the end of the film); something Showa does not inherently have. Had it not been for that (something I completely forgot to take into consideration in the past), I think there could've been a shot.

Alright, and what about Anguirus and Kumonga Millenniums?


Kumonga's webbing difference stops that from happeneing. Angurius... well including comics Showa can do almost everything Millennium can do, plus.

Unless we add that as an ability, much like the extraordinary jump, which I dont recall Showa ever doing.

Whats wrong with having that as an alt skin?

Re: K.W.C. Error Thread

Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:43 am
by KaijuX
Showa has the extraordinary jumping ability. Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla, anyone? ;) We found the inclusion of Millennium Anguirus to be unnecessary, as Showa Anguirus has plenty of images to work with. Like said for the millionth time, we only did it for King Caesar, Manda, and Ebirah because their images were hard to come by.

Re: K.W.C. Error Thread

Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:15 am
by soulgodzilla
KaijuX wrote:Showa has the extraordinary jumping ability. Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla, anyone? ;) We found the inclusion of Millennium Anguirus to be unnecessary, as Showa Anguirus has plenty of images to work with. Like said for the millionth time, we only did it for King Caesar, Manda, and Ebirah because their images were hard to come by.

Remind me when he did it, because all I remember was that scene where he raise his body to be taller then Godzilla.

Re: K.W.C. Error Thread

Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:18 pm
by KaijuX
It was the point where he leapt at Fake Godzilla and scraped a piece of skin off. He's definitely done it, and it's already listed on his OG abilities on TK.

Re: K.W.C. Error Thread

Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:26 pm
by soulgodzilla
KaijuX wrote:It was the point where he leapt at Fake Godzilla and scraped a piece of skin off. He's definitely done it, and it's already listed on his OG abilities on TK.

Ah, alright.

Re: K.W.C. Error Thread

Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:44 am
by tyrantgoji
So i just noticed this recently but in match 38,the part when Gamera comes down to face Kong and Godzilla it says "he almost died the last time" hinting that he fought Godzilla before. Wouldn't that connect in match 14? If it is,why isn't their a "continued from match 14" sign on it?

Re: K.W.C. Error Thread

Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:52 am
by Birdman
Maybe they weren't doing the "continued from" aspect back then?

Re: K.W.C. Error Thread

Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:07 pm
by KaijuX
tyrantgoji wrote:So i just noticed this recently but in match 38,the part when Gamera comes down to face Kong and Godzilla it says "he almost died the last time" hinting that he fought Godzilla before. Wouldn't that connect in match 14? If it is,why isn't their a "continued from match 14" sign on it?

Birdman wrote:Maybe they weren't doing the "continued from" aspect back then?

Yeah, not all matches (especially from the olden days) used to link back to the previous match. But for all intents and purposes, Match 38 is a sequel to Match 14.

Re: K.W.C. Error Thread

Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:31 am
by mikelcho
KaijuX wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:So i just noticed this recently but in match 38,the part when Gamera comes down to face Kong and Godzilla it says "he almost died the last time" hinting that he fought Godzilla before. Wouldn't that connect in match 14? If it is,why isn't their a "continued from match 14" sign on it?

Birdman wrote:Maybe they weren't doing the "continued from" aspect back then?

Yeah, not all matches (especially from the olden days) used to link back to the previous match. But for all intents and purposes, Match 38 is a sequel to Match 14.
You're right. The only other ones where I know that this was done was Match 4: Gorosaurus vs. Kumonga (Showa) and Match 45: Anguirus (Showa) vs. Baragon (Showa).

The lack of a "To be continued..." part in this case may have been, of course, due to the fact that they had two different authors (James Webster for Match 4 and Nick Anstett for Match 45). Other that them, and the two that were mentioned here, I don't know of any others from the early years of K.W.C. that were done like that.