Replacements for Retired Kaiju

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
FatBaconUnicorn
JXSDF Technician

Replacements for Retired Kaiju

Post by FatBaconUnicorn »

Who should be the replacements for Godzillasaurus,King Ghidorah (Heisei),Daigoro & Goliath? Since they are all been retired, who should take their places? I think Guardian Ghidorah,Ghost Godzilla (GMK),Armored Titan and Mothra (Legendary) should replace the formal Kaiju.

Guardian Ghidorah is pretty unique. A tooth and claw Ghidorah and he walks alongside the forces of good. Also being supernatural as oppose to an extraterrestrial.

Ghost Godzilla out of all the Godzillas just seems the most unique as he is the resurrected God of Destruction. Can absorb spiritual energy. Showa Godzilla and Shin Godzilla would also be good picks if this Godzilla didn't get in.

The Armored Titan in the last of the Toho Titans to not be featured. He is way just as skilled as the Rogue Titan in combat and has a armored hide to protect him from attacks (As his name implies.)

Mothra (Legendary)
Spoiler:
out of all of the new Legendary Kaiju is probably the most unique (If not then Legendary Ghidorah). She can shoot her webs in her Imago form, can transfer energy to Legendary Godzilla to transform him into Fire Godzilla, Can stab people and fight with her talons unlike other Mothra. Her fights in close combat. I think that she is fully capable of being in Kaiju War Chronicles.

Gigantis
Sazer

Re: Replacements for Retired Kaiju

Post by Gigantis »

Shin is already comfirmed to replace Godzilasaurus. besides, if a kaiju is just another incarnation of another, they need to be unique. Shin's more unique than GMK.

Armored's coming, his first match just no uploaded yet. Guardian Ghidorah would be cool but it seems like Legendary will make it first. Legendary Mothra is also probably happening.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

So 4 replacements...?

- Shin Godzilla
- Godzilla '70s
- King Ghidorah (LPG)
- Mothra (LPG)

At this point, I also wouldn't be against the retirement of Fire Rodan in favor of Monsterverse Rodan if we can only have one. I would also suggest retiring Heisei Mothra for SOS/FW Mothra. Leo can do everything Heisei can do, and then some, while LPG is drastically different then all of them and SOS/Final Wars allows for more "smaller scale" matches. I would also argue a case for Minilla to replace Godzilla Junior...
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

If he were distributed by Toho, I’d be fine with Eleking replacing Goliath, but that can’t happen since Battle soccer isnt Toho’s doing.

I’d say replace Spyler (and maybe Wargilgar if nobody is ever gonna use him) in favor for Spider Uros since he’s versatile and isn’t one sided since he appeared more then once.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

Shazam14
EDF Instructor

Post by Shazam14 »

I honestly don't see the point in retiring any other kaiju minus HKG since we have MechaKG. I was against Titans at first, but I can admit they have their place. It just seems pointless to me. Gezora, at one point, didn't get a third match until 100 matches had gone by but was in no threat of being taken out or retired. I don't get the point.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Shazam14 wrote:I honestly don't see the point in retiring any other kaiju minus HKG since we have MechaKG. I was against Titans at first, but I can admit they have their place. It just seems pointless to me. Gezora, at one point, didn't get a third match until 100 matches had gone by but was in no threat of being taken out or retired. I don't get the point.
Ikr? Same goes for Orochi.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

FatBaconUnicorn
JXSDF Technician

tyrantgoji wrote:Shin is already comfirmed to replace Godzilasaurus. besides, if a kaiju is just another incarnation of another, they need to be unique. Shin's more unique than GMK.

Armored's coming, his first match just no uploaded yet. Guardian Ghidorah would be cool but it seems like Legendary will make it first. Legendary Mothra is also probably happening.
Sweet. Glad that Armored Titan and Shin Godzilla are coming. Hope that Legendary Mothra gets in (probably will) If Guardian Ghidorah doesn't get in, Legendary Ghidorah is another fine choice.

Added in 9 minutes 6 seconds:
MM Raids Again wrote:So 4 replacements...?

- Shin Godzilla
- Godzilla '70s
- King Ghidorah (LPG)
- Mothra (LPG)

At this point, I also wouldn't be against the retirement of Fire Rodan in favor of Monsterverse Rodan if we can only have one. I would also suggest retiring Heisei Mothra for SOS/FW Mothra. Leo can do everything Heisei can do, and then some, while LPG is drastically different then all of them and SOS/Final Wars allows for more "smaller scale" matches. I would also argue a case for Minilla to replace Godzilla Junior...
Legendary Rodan and SOS/FW Mothra would be really cool. I really really want Legendary Mothra. Shin is confirmed (I just found out like a couole mInutes ago) Showa Godzilla would also be pretty cool. Out of curiosity. Why Millia?

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

I still say we boycott the Titans. As said they're generic and just giant naked people with insane regeneration.

Let Frankenstein stay.

Crocartes
Yojimbo

Post by Crocartes »

Why do we need to retire kaiju? I really dont get this concept. Retiring them just removes variety and versatility. Just because someone hasn't used one yet, doesn't mean it cant later be used to great effect.

I would honestly rather have GMK than shin. Hes more of a directly evil Godzilla type, which we dont actually have yet. That and I'm admittedly biased towards it because GMK is my favorite of the Godzilla movies.

I'm fine with with Legendary Ghidorah or Guardian Ghidorah, though Guardian is admittedly more unique than another "evil" ghidorah type.

I consider the titans to be a waste. I dont rhink they fit the whole KWC theme, so I wont write with them or read matches with them honestly. It is what it is, but In not stoked about more of them.

FatBaconUnicorn
JXSDF Technician

Crocartes wrote:Why do we need to retire kaiju? I really dont get this concept. Retiring them just removes variety and versatility. Just because someone hasn't used one yet, doesn't mean it cant later be used to great effect.

I would honestly rather have GMK than shin. Hes more of a directly evil Godzilla type, which we dont actually have yet. That and I'm admittedly biased towards it because GMK is my favorite of the Godzilla movies.

I'm fine with with Legendary Ghidorah or Guardian Ghidorah, though Guardian is admittedly more unique than another "evil" ghidorah type.

I consider the titans to be a waste. I dont rhink they fit the whole KWC theme, so I wont write with them or read matches with them honestly. It is what it is, but In not stoked about more of them.
Yeah I definitely see your point. I personally want no more Kaiju retired. I don't really see the point either. Orochi has only had three matches and he hasn't been retired, so why are the others? But if they must be retired, then I at least want some worthy contenders.
Last edited by FatBaconUnicorn on Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Crocartes wrote:Why do we need to retire kaiju? I really dont get this concept. Retiring them just removes variety and versatility. Just because someone hasn't used one yet, doesn't mean it cant later be used to great effect.

I know, right? It all feels pointless.

Same here, I’d would be rather happy if GMK Godzilla got in instead of Shin Godzilla. He’s the closest thing to Ghost Godzilla character wise, he’s very durable and he has an evil personality while Shin is just mute.

Guardian would be cool, but after seeing Godzilla kotm...
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

FatBaconUnicorn
JXSDF Technician

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:I still say we boycott the Titans. As said they're generic and just giant naked people with insane regeneration.

Let Frankenstein stay.
I see your point.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

What if Daigoro and Goliath get replaced by these two?
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

FatBaconUnicorn
JXSDF Technician

soulgodzilla wrote:What if Daigoro and Goliath get replaced by these two?
Always down for Ultraman Kaiju. Would be cool too see.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Mhm, while they aren’ Powerful, Gudon would be a unique addition and Twin tail is unique for being such a weird creature
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

I will continue to repeat this until I am blue in the face.

GIANT

T. REX
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

The only replacements I can think of are Ultraman Jack and Mirrorman seeing as both are some of the few kaiju we haven't used yet and are distributed by Toho.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Birdman wrote:I will continue to repeat this until I am blue in the face.

*image*

GIANT

T. REX
Still a better addition then Godzillasaurus. :lol:

Added in 1 minute 21 seconds:
HillyHulk wrote:The only replacements I can think of are Ultraman Jack and Mirrorman seeing as both are some of the few kaiju we haven't used yet and are distributed by Toho.
Mirrorman is interesting, as well as one of the Kaijus named Iron who is also disturbed by Toho.

Added in 3 minutes 7 seconds:
Or what about Jiger since that Godzilla and Gamera stage show is distributed?

https://godzilla.fandom.com/wiki/Godzil ... ge_Show%29
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Stage shows don't count.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Birdman wrote:Stage shows don't count.
P i s s
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....