Which Godzilla do you want to replace Godzillasaurus?

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.

Who should replace Godzillasaurus?

AnimeGoji
21%
ShinGoji
39%
ShowaGoji
24%
Other
16%

Total votes: 38

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Which Godzilla do you want to replace Godzillasaurus?

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

With Godzillasaurus sadly being retired this month and to be replaced most likely by a new Godzilla. Which one do you feel should take his place?
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

HillyHulk
Yuki Special

Re: Which Godzilla do you want to replace Godzillasaurus?

Post by HillyHulk »

I'm not sure if Earth Godzilla is something I want to see in a match. We've never really seen it fight but we have seen how sluggish it is. That would make matches with it incredibly boring. It's more fitting for movies where it's at it's most imposing, quite frankly.

While Showa Godzilla would be cool, it would be pretty obvious too. I'd rather have something unexpected to see.

My vote goes to Shin. While it's also slow, it's plethora of ranged projectiles would be cool to work with. It's appearance is also unique compared to the other Godzilla, akin to a zombie. It would be cool to see animated fights with it.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

HillyHulk wrote:My vote goes to Shin. While it's also slow, it's plethora of ranged projectiles would be cool to work with. It's appearance is also unique compared to the other Godzilla, akin to a zombie. It would be cool to see animated fights with it.
I agree. I'm in the same boat. Also Showa Godzilla is also technically already in the K.W.C. technically speaking being Fake Godzilla is allowed to be used.

HillyHulk
Yuki Special

Post by HillyHulk »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
HillyHulk wrote:My vote goes to Shin. While it's also slow, it's plethora of ranged projectiles would be cool to work with. It's appearance is also unique compared to the other Godzilla, akin to a zombie. It would be cool to see animated fights with it.
I agree. I'm in the same boat. Also Showa Godzilla is also technically already in the K.W.C. technically speaking being Fake Godzilla is allowed to be used.
Not the same thing, but I get what you mean.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

I'm going underdog and saying Earth... If only because I'm expecting everyone to vote on Shin or Showa. :lol: Hily does have a good point, but I think Earth would be a lot more flexible than you would think. As I've mentioned already, Godzilla Earth would not only be one of the largest characters we'd have... But he could also be the smallest. ;) Or at least, smallest Godzilla (keep in mind, Earth started off as a 50 meter monster). That way, Earth isn't just confined exclusively to the top-tier roster and can fight the lesser tier monsters while still putting up a fight. Combine that with the Servum, and we could have a very interesting type of Godzilla-fighter.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Other > Ghost Godzilla

...buuuut that's probably already off the table, so going with the more realistic Shin Godzilla. Still a fan of how his multiple forms could be used in battles to spice things up.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

I gotta say Shin Godzilla with MireGoji being a close second choice
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Minilla or bust.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

Give me Minilla or give me death!
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Minilla baybeeeee!
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Minya or Godzilla Earth, idc. They already ruined Shin.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

I’m voting for Anime Godzilla because I don’t want to have Shin in since we are not allowed to use Kamata Kun or even the third form.

I’d rather have granddaddy tree then something thats limited.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

I voted Anime Godzilla. Shin’s going to be the one to replace Godzillasaurus though, no matter what consensus this forum comes to.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

HillyHulk
Yuki Special

Post by HillyHulk »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:I voted Anime Godzilla. Shin’s going to be the one to replace Godzillasaurus though, no matter what consensus this forum comes to.
How do you know that? We haven't been told who's getting in after Godzillasaurus quite yet.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

HillyHulk wrote:
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:I voted Anime Godzilla. Shin’s going to be the one to replace Godzillasaurus though, no matter what consensus this forum comes to.
How do you know that? We haven't been told who's getting in after Godzillasaurus quite yet.
I don’t know, but I have a pretty good feeling. Because Godzillasaurus’ replacement is going to be decided by a poll on the main site, which means dozens, if not hundreds of people who probably don’t read the forums are going to vote. And considering Showa likely won’t be an option, Shin will be the most popular option on that poll.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

HillyHulk
Yuki Special

Post by HillyHulk »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:
HillyHulk wrote:
I don’t know, but I have a pretty good feeling. Because Godzillasaurus’ replacement is going to be decided by a poll on the main site, which means dozens, if not hundreds of people who probably don’t read the forums are going to vote. And considering Showa likely won’t be an option, Shin will be the most popular option on that poll.
Actually, we were outright told he's not getting in since Fake Godzilla and Heisei Godzilla can do what he does.

G&G-Fan
Monsterland Worker

Post by G&G-Fan »

Godzilla Earth is too overpowered, and Shin is a LOT more unique. Definitely him.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

G&G-Fan wrote:Godzilla Earth is too overpowered, and Shin is a LOT more unique. Definitely him.
But Shin is kinda ruined since we can’t use the one thing that makes him different, and its not like every match with Godzilla (Anime) has to have him 300 (or was it 310?) meters
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

soulgodzilla wrote:But Shin is kinda ruined since we can’t use the one thing that makes him different, and its not like every match with Godzilla (Anime) has to have him 300 (or was it 310?) meters
I feel like among those more familiar with KWC, Earth is climbing the power rankings as he boasts an arsenal that isn't just atomic rays and could bring new things to the Godzilla-centered table. But to the casual reader, I still feel like Shin will win out, even with his other forms unavailable, due in part to just being Shin.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Showa all the way! I'm sure it'll be Shin, though.
Resized Image