The K.W.C Unofficial Animated Series Kaiju Vote

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.

What G:TAS kaiju would you like to see in the KWC? (pick 4)

Poll ended at Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:45 am

Ts-Eh-Go
17%
El Gusano Gigante
6%
Komodoithrax
12%
Crackler
11%
King Cobra
15%
Giant Bat
5%
Queen Bee
9%
Sub-Zero Manta
9%
Chameleon
5%
Techno-Sentient
6%
Shrewster
6%

Total votes: 66

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

The K.W.C Unofficial Animated Series Kaiju Vote

Post by MoarCrossovers »

A topic discussed multiple times, and it's time to hear what the community wants. The list of candidates has been constructed based on the votes of members. The poll will run for a week and the results will be tallied at the end. Choose four, and if possible, leave reasons as to why you chose them.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: The K.W.C Unofficial Animated Series Kaiju Vote

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Techno-Sentient: The sheer potential. Imagine it getting to a mech, or some other super weapon from the franchise. There’s almost limitless possibilities with Techno-Sentient. Though, banners would be a big issue...

Crackler: Very unique, has a lot of story potential.

Queen Bee: We need more bug kaiju. Queen Bee is very different from the insect kaiju we already have, plus there’s the whole drone swarm aspect.

King Cobra: The venomous adhesive would be cool to use, plus another serpentine kaiju.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Ts-Eh-Go giant scorpion, sounds like a killer combatant. (Literally).

El Gusano Gigante, nice color scheme, plus it would be cool to have another burrowing monster, it also breathes fire!

Queen Bee, Oh no, not the bees!

Sub-Zero Manta, cool name, an ice element monster, kinda reminds me of Molgera from LoZ.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

I gotta go with the snek, because it is my second or third favorite monster from the show. (First is C-Rex and second or third is Cyber Godzilla.)
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

For those uncertain on who to vote for, here are the bios for the candidates.

Ts-Eh-Go

El Gusano Gigante

Komodoithrax

Crackler

King Cobra

Giant Bat

Queen Bee

Sub-Zero Manta

Chameleon

Techno-Sentient

Shrewster
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Im surprised that El Gusano and Shrewster isn’t getting allot of votes while I’m not surprised that the Giant Bat only got one vote. (Probably because I’m guessing that people would rather perfer Bagorah.)
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

My votes and reasons why:

1) Crackler: Unique design, electric based like Kong, Goliath and Gabara, also a dream monster similar to Gabara so that could make for some interesting stories

2) King Cobra: Badass design, cool color scheme, would be a nice substitute for my boi Buraki and best of all, he SPITS on da non-believas!

3) Chameleon: Another clone monster but with a radical design (mainly the face), resistant to atomic breathe which could make for interesting matches against any of the Godzillas and it can perform perfect camouflage which could make for an interesting story with Kamacuras

4) Techno-Sentient: An extraterrestrial blob of mass that can fuse itself with any machine/electronic and can copy their abilities, banners would be a doozy but it'd make for some REALLY cool stories with any of the KWC mechs, it can also hack computers and learn about our planet, similar to Orga's Millennian UFO, maybe a team-up between them? Maybe they've had history in the past eons before traveling to Earth and they're mortal enemies...that'd be something

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

{---HYPERZeTToN---} wrote:My votes and reasons why:

1) Crackler: Unique design, electric based like Kong, Goliath and Gabara, also a dream monster similar to Gabara so that could make for some interesting stories

2) King Cobra: Badass design, cool color scheme, would be a nice substitute for my boi Buraki and best of all, he SPITS on da non-believas!

3) Chameleon: Another clone monster but with a radical design (mainly the face), resistant to atomic breathe which could make for interesting matches against any of the Godzillas and it can perform perfect camouflage which could make for an interesting story with Kamacuras

4) Techno-Sentient: An extraterrestrial blob of mass that can fuse itself with any machine/electronic and can copy their abilities, banners would be a doozy but it'd make for some REALLY cool stories with any of the KWC mechs, it can also hack computers and learn about our planet, similar to Orga's Millennian UFO, maybe a team-up between them? Maybe they've had history in the past eons before traveling to Earth and they're mortal enemies...that'd be something
Or, we could have Crackler go toe to toe with either Black Moth or... Nightmare Gamera.

Added in 32 minutes 40 seconds:
I guess I should give my point of view of these monsters.

Ts-eh-Go: I’ll admit, that I was not sure if I want to see Ts-eh-Go in the KWC, but after thinking about it, I can see him getting in since we don’t have a scorpion in the KWC yet.

El Gusano Giganto: not only a more memorable side monster in the show, but could also use another burrowing monster thats both a worm and can tower over several Kaijus due to how tall it is.

Komodithrax: she might feel a bit like Varan without being able to glide and fire an Atomic Ray, but I still would like to see her get in. (As long as she doesn’t count as a “Godzilla like” character)

Crackler: since he is a dream monster with unique design and has electric powers, I would like to see him get in.

King Cobra: as I said, King Cobra is my second or third favorite monster in the show for having a great design. And while I would prefer Axor since he has unique powers, I would love him and the King Cobra both get in the KWC.

Giant Bat: probably my least favorite Kaijus in the entire show, mostly because his roar irritates me. So in all honesty, I much prefer Bagorah over this guy.

Queen Bee: While I do like the Queen Bee, I did wrote a certain match that uses a “certain” monster that use a “certain” monsters to aid her. And since the Queen Bee could only sting or fire her stingers rapidly, shes probably a Kaiju that I look forward the least to get in.

Sub-Zero Manta: an odd monster that I wouldn’t mind seeing getting in or not, since its a legged manta ray with an odd but cool can fly and fire a blast of ice to free anything.

Chameleon: I’m not looking forward to seeing Chameleon getting in if he gets a chance, since he might be another “Godzilla like” character, and I’d much prefer writing a match with Kamacuras instead.

Techno-Sentient: I completely forgotten about the episode he appeared in, so I will need to watch it again. But after hearing that it can absorb anything machinery or electronics and copy their abilities, (kinda like Berserker) then yeah! I would love to see him getting in since Hedorah is the only blob monster that we have, but what will the banners even look like?

Shrewster: since we need more non humanoid mammalian Kaijus, then yes, Shrewster needs to get in.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

fanofstuff
Monsterland Worker

Post by fanofstuff »

I'm going for Shrewster, for the sole reason that I absolutely love The Killer Shrews, Queen Bee, for the potential bee memes that can be referenced, Sub Zero Manta, for all the ice cold puns, and Ts-Eh-Go, because I just always loved the idea of a giant scorpion.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

I decided to go with King Cobra, Komodithrax, El Gusano Gigante and Shrewster
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Today is the last day of the poll. For anyone who hasn't voted yet, make your choice now!

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

I voted for King Cobra, El Gusano, Queen Bee, and Ts-Eh-GO.

King Cobra: He's a great physical powerhouse, unlike Manda who's mainly a "Water type" combatant. King Cobra could physically tangle with some of the KWC's best and potentially come out on top. His glue spray is a unique weapon, too.

El Gusano: A great "huge, mountainous" character along the lines of Biollante, but much faster and stealthier. Imagine a Tremors-style showdown between El Gusano and, well... anyone who can't fly, lol.

Queen Bee: She's a smaller, faster kaiju. Her projectiles are different than the usual laser beam or fire breath and interactive with her hive and summoning them to assist her in battle makes for an interesting angle. Essentially, she's GMK Mothra and Megaguirus rolled into one, except better, because Megaguirus can't even summon the Meganula into battle since they die to bring her to life.

There's also another, collective reason that King Cobra, El Gusano, and Queen Bee should be added: Along with C-Rex, they were the only kaiju of the series that came back and had major roles in more than one episode. The four of them are essentially Zilla's equivalents of Rodan, Mothra, King Ghidorah, and Anguirus/Mechagodzilla/Gigan/whoever you'd pick as the fourth big character.

Ts-Eh-GO: He's a giant friggin' scorpion. What roster of giant monsters doesn't need a giant friggin' scorpion? The fact that he sprays acid from his tail is only the icing on the cake.

I'd like to vote for the Giant Bat (another of the series' reoccurring kaiju), but I've been hearing murmurs for a while now of a similar, better addition to the roster, so... there's that. And for anyone voting for Komodithrax... Why? I get it, she's Zilla's girlfriend, so story-wise there's some potential there, sure. But, physically and special powers/abilities-wise? What does she bring to the table? She's a big lizard that breathes fire. Between Zilla, Varan, Baragon, Anguirus, Skullcrawler, and even Gorosaurus and the soon-to-be-retired Godzillasaurus, I think the "giant lizard" category is sufficiently covered.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand the poll has finished! Time to see what the community has decided.

1st place) Ts-Eh-Go - Unsurprising, considering the popularity and uniqueness of the character. A fine additon to the KWC roster, I'm sure.

2nd place) King Cobra - While I can't say I'm fond of serpentine kaiju, having one that can do more than coil and bite is certainly appreciated.

3rd place) Komodoithrax - I can see your concerns regarding their status as a potential Zilla clone and lack of originality, but I feel she has enough to her to stand out as her own character.

4th place) Crackler - I'm surprised he wasn't higher in the list. Gabara certainly has competition in the dream monster department.

5th place) Queen Bee/Sub Zero Manta (tie) - Queen Bee I feel is too generic to add to the roster. Sub-Zero Manta had the means to be a great addition, but not the love, it seems :(

6th place) El Gusano Gigante/Techno-Sentient/Shrewster (tie) - Gusano was another kaiju I really do not care for. Being big does not make you interesting. Techno-Sentient and Shrewster were who I had hopes for, but it seems, like Sub-Zero Manta, they just don't have your love.

7th place) Giant Bat/ Chameleon (tie) - Giant Bat's low vote count can be understood, since we have a far more interesting candidate for that role. Chameleon is a bit of a disapointment. You're unlikely to come across another camouflaging kaiju eligible for use in the KWC.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

So base on this poll. Does this mean only one kaiju (Ts-Eh-Go) is getting in only or the ones with the most votes like top three (Ts-Eh-Go, King Cobra and Komodoithrax)?

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Either Top 3 or, if we're lucky, Top 4 will more than likely get in. Even so, Ts-Eh-Go has a really secure spot; no doubt on my mind with that one.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

KaijuX wrote:Either Top 3 or, if we're lucky, Top 4 will more than likely get in. Even so, Ts-Eh-Go has a really secure spot; no doubt on my mind with that one.
Ah so Ts-Eh-Go, King Cobra and Komodoithrax (And maybe Crackler) then eh? I'm personally satisfied with those picks. :D

Though kind of bummed out Sub-Zero Manta won't make it in, would've been a rather unique monster unless we can use the rest of these monsters for the K.W.C.E.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
KaijuX wrote:Either Top 3 or, if we're lucky, Top 4 will more than likely get in. Even so, Ts-Eh-Go has a really secure spot; no doubt on my mind with that one.
Ah so Ts-Eh-Go, King Cobra and Komodoithrax (And maybe Crackler) then eh? I'm personally satisfied with those picks. :D

Though kind of bummed out Sub-Zero Manta won't make it in, would've been a rather unique monster unless we can use the rest of these monsters for the K.W.C.E.
Im satisfied with those picks too, but its a shame that El Gusano and Shrewster wont get in, considering they’re the most recongized Kaijus of the show.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

How are you going to use these guys in the banners? If Dopepope is the answer, I hope you have him do some dynamic poses for these guys.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Each monster will more than likely have two poses each.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

*Me before joining TK and seeing this poll as a lurker*

Aw man this is so cool! There's gonna be four new monsters coming! Man i can't wait to join this site and write for the K.W.C!

*Me now after Grey comfirms no TV monsters*

Dissapointing,yes,but understandable* (Do we reallyneed four monsters that are just gonna be forgotten anyway?)

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!