K.W.C. Match Trivia

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

K.W.C. Match Trivia

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

I thought this would be a fun idea, share little fun facts about the matches you wrote for the KWC.
I'll begin

• Godzilla vs. Manda was heavily inspired by the film Dragon Wars

• After the newest TV spots for KSI came out, I decided to go back and edit my latest match to include a Kong move used in one of the spots

• I wrote a match solely so I could involve a "Judas" reference
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Re: K.W.C. Match Trivia

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

-I mainly wrote Destoroyah vs. Kumasogami (Co-written with Birdman) as something parallel to show. An actual Demon vs. An Demon in appearance only.

-My Gamera vs. Dagahra match I decided to do mainly not because I thought it'd be a fun match to write and the concept behind it had potential but really for a possible scenario to what caused the sinking of Atlantis.

-I wrote a match involving around an natural disaster that happened in the past.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Oooh, this is neat... I'll have to come back to this after work, for sure! :D
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

LPG vs Megaguirus was based on one of the first FMs after 12/28/2014.

Destoroyah vs Manda, Gezora, and Titanosaurus was based off ROE Issue #12. I replaced Godzilla with Destoroyah.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

KaijuX wrote:Oooh, this is neat... I'll have to come back to this after work, for sure! :D
All right, so...

-While most of the matches I've written have been released in chronological order (AKA, as they've been released), Match 153 was my first match posted; however, it was the second one I wrote. The first match I actually wrote and submitted to the KWC was Match 155.

-Dogora vs. Mothra Leo was written with Dogora obtaining victory in mind. This was done seeing as Mothra Leo hadn't lost a match (at the time), Dogora hadn't had a victory, and hadn't appeared in a match for a long time. Sure, there were some rather unfortunate oversights on my part (notably that Leo may have had the power to kill Dogora with his powder, which I think is poison), but I tried to ensure that Leo would be no pushover.

-Black Moth vs. Maguma was a match that I kind of hated for a long time. I've let it go now, especially seeing how people genuinely enjoy the match. It's not to say that I didn't enjoy writing it; I did to an extent (notably the monster scenes and playing around with Black Moth). Unlike most of my matches, where I have at least a loose idea of what I want to do, this one I had no clue how to end it period. So I kind of made it up on the fly and, rather unfortunately in my eyes, kind of reimagined Malik too much, imo. Plus, as I hadn't seen Latitude Zero in a long time when I wrote that match, I missed out on a TON of small opportunities to help enhance the match from a storytelling perspective. Especially now knowing that Malik had a partner (Lucrecia I think it was) and that he called Kroiga "Little One"... Easily could've done a better job with that match. But what's done is done.

-Fun fact: there may or may not be a sequel brainstorming in my head for Match 155 which I found ultimately unsure if I will do it or not. Nothing to extravagant or anything (at least compared to other ideas I have in store). The sequel I had in mind would've been Orochi (Heisei) vs. Maguma, C-Rex and Zone Fighter where Maguma would've been slain, ZF was taking care of C-Rex only to find Orochi, and Orochi winds up conquering both of them, left to his own devices. Also would've had a subplot with the Zone family taking on Malik and the Black Shark. May have also referenced a disastrous touchdown from a certain space monster in eastern Russia... Yeah, I was originally going to connect Match 153 and 155 together. Whether I'll do that is very unlikely at this point.

-Speaking of sequels, there's actually a continuation of Match 153; when it'll be posted is beyond me. Though I think it'll be... interesting. ;)

-Black Moth vs. King Caesar (Millennium) actually had an interesting inspiration, and a funny (or stressful :lol:) moment for anyone who was around. A long time ago, there was a TK user who kept on requesting for "King Caesar vs. Black Moth! Battle of the mammal kaiju!" or something to that extent. This kind of got to the point to where TitanoGoji16 had to step in and pretty much told 'em to shut it. I took genuine interest in the idea of the match, though didn't get around to writing it until I remembered this obscure moment in KWC history. ;)

-Bemular and Goliath vs. Mechagodzilla (Showa) I actually hit multiple birds with one stone with this. Greyshot brought up the idea of Mechagodzilla May-Hem, something which I was fully onboard for. Meanwhile, around this time, everyone was demanding Showa Godzilla. So effectively, as Greyshot and I talked about what to do with Mechagodzilla Showa and Fake Godzilla, we reached the conclusion that Fake Godzilla would be our Showa Godzilla substitute. With this in mind, I suggested the devious plan of trolling everyone that we'd add Showa Godzilla, only to pull the covers and reveal that it was Mechagodzilla. ;) So yes, Match 170 was written to troll everyone (hence why I started dropping teasers, because I wanted everyone to think it was Showa Godzilla). :lol: Plus, I was unsure if anyone had done the "Fake Godzilla appears mistaken to be Godzilla; psyche it's Mechagodzilla" plot, so I wanted to do that as well as give MG a victory just in case (and glad I did!). Though did you also know I half-considered letting Bemular and Goliath get the victory? Interesting how that would've turned out... But I stood with MG to be safe.

-Godzilla (Heisei) vs. Bagan actually may have not been made had it not been for my co-writer, shippersdreamer. You literally pulled a ton of weight, and I'm grateful for that. I'll be sure to pull more of my own weight in the future. :lol: Not much to say, besides the fact that it took us roughly all of September to complete (I think). Actually, shippers had to complete this one TWICE because I when I took over to start adding extra detail and fight scenes, I kind of took it in my own direction and didn't know how to smoothly tie it in to what shippers already wrote. :lol: Fortunately, I supplied a loose outline and let shippers take the rest when I lost steam.

-Speaking of 190, I only had two options for the outcome: a draw or a victory for Bagan. The only reason I didn't choose the latter option was because I didn't want to upset the fact that this match brought in Super Godzilla and give the mentality of "Oh, Super Godzilla's weak!" or whatever. Felt like it would've been obvious had Godzilla won the match.

-Speaking of shippers, I was originally going to write King Ghidorah (Heisei) and Mecha-King Ghidorah vs. Grand King Ghidorah. But due to a hard writer's block and overthinking way too much, I axed it and passed it off to shippers to do their interpretation. Needless to say, really happy with that. ;)
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Whoo-ey dude, long list of trivia.
Resized Image

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Coobzilla03 wrote:Whoo-ey dude, long list of trivia.
Aye. BUT THAT'S NOT ALL!

-I just remembered that the banner for 190 was supposed to be very... Different. Let's just say there was a TON of animation going on that would've shown things like the cocoon descending from the sky, exploding to reveal Bagan (like in the video game), Burning Godzilla glowing, the transformation into Super Godzilla, and Bagan sprouting his Wings of Light. This all had to be axed because, uh, the file was too big. :lol:

Pair of kings.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

KaijuX wrote:
Coobzilla03 wrote:Whoo-ey dude, long list of trivia.
Aye. BUT THAT'S NOT ALL!

-I just remembered that the banner for 190 was supposed to be very... Different. Let's just say there was a TON of animation going on that would've shown things like the cocoon descending from the sky, exploding to reveal Bagan (like in the video game), Burning Godzilla glowing, the transformation into Super Godzilla, and Bagan sprouting his Wings of Light. This all had to be axed because, uh, the file was too big. :lol:
That would have been cool. Stinks the file was too large :(
Resized Image

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Aye. Hmmm... Might make a video of it, though! I still have the original file on hand, so I could probably recreate what I had in mind and just record it and post it to YouTube. Though it'll be a while before I get to that. :lol:

Pair of kings.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

I think you made the right call on there KaijuX on making #190 a draw. Otherwise it probably would've been #81 all over again. X_X

Also hoping at the chance you might reconsider doing Orochi (Heisei) vs. Maguma, C-Rex & Zone Fighter, that honestly sounds intriguing but I'll respect your choice however if you don't want to do it. ;)

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

When I wrote Kong vs. Gezora, I had come up with two endings, one really bloody and one super weird...
I went with the weird one :P

Gaira vs. Manda was the first match I wrote and the first one posted

The second match I wrote was Frankenstein vs. Maguma, I recently rewrote it and gave it a better battle and tragic climax

Kong X. Kamacuras was a confusing match full of twists and turns.

Jet Jaguar vs. Kong was based on some weird VHS claiming Jet Jaguar was Kong in a robot suit

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:Jet Jaguar vs. Kong was based on some weird VHS claiming Jet Jaguar was Kong in a robot suit
VHS? I thought it was the German poster (or version of the film) that claimed JJ was KK in a robot suit... Still weird regardless. :lol:

Pair of kings.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

This sounds intresting. I like to give away somd triva of my matches, if only at least one of them is uploaded.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Off the top of my head:

- Most of my matches, especially earlier ones, were based more on if the match ups sounded fun than if they were an even match or what have you. "Jet Jaguar versus SpaceGodzilla? Yeah, sure, why not, I get some fun mental images out of that."

- I was originally going to involve H.E.A.T. among the human characters in Match 100, but eventually decided against it because there was enough stuff going on already as it was.

- I've got about four matches that I've been planning for ages now that I need to start/finish. I actually have started on one of them, but I keep going back and altering it due to a couple of new monsters that have come out since I began.

I feel like I have something interesting to share, banner-wise, but for the life of me I can't remember what it is right now.
KaijuX wrote:A long time ago, there was a TK user who kept on requesting for "King Caesar vs. Black Moth! Battle of the mammal kaiju!" or something to that extent. This kind of got to the point to where TitanoGoji16 had to step in and pretty much told 'em to shut it.
...I have no memory of this event.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

KaijuX wrote:
Lain Of The Wired wrote:Jet Jaguar vs. Kong was based on some weird VHS claiming Jet Jaguar was Kong in a robot suit
VHS? I thought it was the German poster (or version of the film) that claimed JJ was KK in a robot suit... Still weird regardless. :lol:
Yeah, that's it! I knew it was something like that.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

TitanoGoji16 wrote:
KaijuX wrote:A long time ago, there was a TK user who kept on requesting for "King Caesar vs. Black Moth! Battle of the mammal kaiju!" or something to that extent. This kind of got to the point to where TitanoGoji16 had to step in and pretty much told 'em to shut it.
Really? I could have sworn this was a thing. Huh... Either that, or it was all a dream and I'm going nuts. :lol:

Pair of kings.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Every match I've written since the first one (Gaira vs. Manda) has progressivly gotten longer. The first one had around 700 words or so, everyone that came after went up from 800 to 1000. Big improvements!

When I usually write, I often just make everything up as I go. With a few exceptions, the ending came to me first for Godzilla Legendary vs. Manda

There was a match where the original ending had Kamacuras slicing off its opponent's head, but KaijuX rejected the idea :lol:

Frankenstein vs. Maguma technically has two endings, the original one being brutal, and the revised one being more dramatic. I had basically axed the entire original middle and end half to make it more climatic is scope

In Frankenstein vs. Maguma, Frankenstein flees to Antartica of solace, which is a nod to the original novel Frankenstein, in which the monsters takes refuge in Antartica.

I had originally wrote Fake Gigantis vs. Godzilla 1998, but after some writers block, and the Shin "Judas" thing came about, I completely rewrote the match and turned it into Fake Godzilla 1964 vs. Rogue Titan. Mostly because Rogue Titan needed matches. Also the fact I was using Judas as a Shin nod, and one of the directors for Shin did the Attack on Titan movies, so I decided to throw Rogue Titan in, thinking it'd be fitting for a shin nod.

There was a part added to Fake Godzilla 1964 vs. Rogue Titan that was based on my SHMA Emergence Godzilla's tail tip popping off

Zombie Kong is a thing in one of my matches, be on the look out for that ;)

I share my matches with Captain Starbird (retired TK user) before I send them off.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Destoroyah vs Orga and Biollante was based off issues #6 and #8 of ROE.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

KaijuX wrote:
TitanoGoji16 wrote:
Really? I could have sworn this was a thing. Huh... Either that, or it was all a dream and I'm going nuts. :lol:
Oh, I'm not saying it didn't happen (it sounds like something I'd do, lol). Just saying I don't recall it offhand.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

In my Godzilla (Legendary) vs. Hedorah (Showa) which I'm co-writing with Sensei and is tied to #81 like how #121 was. I have a part in my match for when Legendary Godzilla appears that Hedorah becomes extremely shocked mistaking him for Heisei Godzilla trying to disbelieve in the fact Godzilla's alive since he killed him. I got this idea from and as a reference to The Lion King where after Scar hits Sarabi, Simba appears and he mistakes him for Mufasa being alive.

Added in 9 hours 44 minutes 47 seconds:
The idea of Utsuno Ikusagami vs. Gabara comes from how Gabara's appearance and electrical abilities are based on the Oni of Japanese Folklore, so I figured what if I wrote a match based off of it and have it set in Ancient Japan, then add into the fact Utsuno is a Japanese God and there you have it. It just had too much potential and such concept to be missed hence why I ended up writing it.

Added in 23 hours 37 minutes 2 seconds:
Battra vs. Titanosaurus (Even though his name isn't on there, I had help from Greyshot with it, this was back when I wasn't as good of a writer which I've since now improved on), my first match that was added is kind of a funny one. It was actually a random match that just popped up into my mind one day, same with the random setting I came up with for it and thought why not do it since it was already in my head and so as I wrote it, I just allowed my imagination for the most part take place with my writing on it. I tell you, I don't know what it was that made me decide to pit the two against each other, guess in the end I just thought it would've just made for a fun match.