K.W.C. Match Trivia

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: K.W.C. Match Trivia

Postby KaijuX » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:33 am

So one more little tidbit--who here caught the Manga Millennian reference in Match 211? ;)
"LegacyGoji" art by SeaGuns on DeviantART!
TK's Resident Wumbo
UltimateDitto wrote:^ Ya gotta have muscles on your eyeballs!

Birdman wrote:It's actually happening, isn't it?

GVJ is finally getting a promotion.

"If you can't take the edge, that's okay." -KaijuX

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
Interpol Agent
Location: In the darkest corner of the universe with my master Bat Seijin

Postby {---HYPERZeTToN---} » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:48 pm

KaijuX wrote:So one more little tidbit--who here caught the Manga Millennian reference in Match 211? ;)

Bish what?
Thought of by a sick, twisted mind. Manifested by a sadistic alien entity. I am beyond a demon. I am stronger than any organism in the universe. I am a God of Destruction. I...am Hyper Zetton...

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Postby KaijuX » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:12 pm

{---HYPERZeTToN---} wrote:
KaijuX wrote:So one more little tidbit--who here caught the Manga Millennian reference in Match 211? ;)

Bish what?

Mmhmm. Very small reference--one which also serves as subtle foreshadowing of things coming full circle for them.
Match 211 wrote:While Earth hosted many animals more than capable of tissue regeneration, very few of them could have the power to repair its broken DNA, having lost their individual forms in eons past.

It's a reference to the many humanoid bodies of the Millennian as opposed to the singular body we got in the film (even if both, in context, are still merged as one whole entity, I always thought that the Manga version once had many forms before becoming one).
http://www.tohokingdom.com/comics/manga ... ge6_03.htm
TK's Resident Wumbo

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
Interpol Agent
Location: In the darkest corner of the universe with my master Bat Seijin

Postby {---HYPERZeTToN---} » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:58 am

KaijuX wrote:
{---HYPERZeTToN---} wrote:

Bish what?

Mmhmm. Very small reference--one which also serves as subtle foreshadowing of things coming full circle for them.
Match 211 wrote:While Earth hosted many animals more than capable of tissue regeneration, very few of them could have the power to repair its broken DNA, having lost their individual forms in eons past.

It's a reference to the many humanoid bodies of the Millennian as opposed to the singular body we got in the film (even if both, in context, are still merged as one whole entity, I always thought that the Manga version once had many forms before becoming one).
http://www.tohokingdom.com/comics/manga ... ge6_03.htm

I'm getting an Evangelion-Shin Godzilla vibe from that picture, as if it was like Anno was behind this...
Thought of by a sick, twisted mind. Manifested by a sadistic alien entity. I am beyond a demon. I am stronger than any organism in the universe. I am a God of Destruction. I...am Hyper Zetton...

GodzillavsZilla

Postby GodzillavsZilla » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:51 am

I just remembered this random bit of trivia about match 209.

Remember when Kumonga crawled out of a hole in his web and then back in at the end? That was inspired by the documentary, Walking with Monsters. In one part, a giant spider was in a web covered hole (though it wasn't completely covered and there was no little hole in the web) and came out when there was prey nearby. While writing the match, I thought of that scene and decided to include something like it.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:

On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary poop though if it is just scratches.

Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

"I read his toast." - GvZ, 2017

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Postby KaijuX » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:25 pm

All right! So as I promised, here's the Trivia for Match 219. :)

Originally, it was meant to be a bit of a different match--can you tell what didn't make the cut?

For those that haven't noticed, I'll put it in the spoiler tags.
Spoiler:
-Krystalak (and by extension, his cocoon)
-The Vortaak Mothership (actually cropped it out from the in-game cutscenes, and was hoping to run with the excuse of it being partially invisible)
-The highlights behind the names. That was meant to be an indicator of who was on what faction. So Biollante would've been an Earth Defender while SpaceG and Krystalak were Mutants.

Match 219 was originally meant to be a part 1 of a multi-spanning series of KWC matches that, as you might have guessed, was meant to be an adaptation of Godzilla Unleashed (that, and I had originally slated it for a December 6th, 2017 release to commemorate it's 10th anniversary). But due to the ambitious nature of such a project, alongside the fact that there are some open ends I want to tie up (notably the Dogora saga and others that are yet to come), I decided to make it more of an independent match that emphasized more on SpaceGodzilla (though in hindsight, I do wish I gave Biollante just as much characterization, especially since this is her first match in years!). I'll probably do a Krystalak match some time in the future, haha. :)

If anyone wants to know, I'm more than willing to post all the notes and details I had in the... Uh, Unused matches or scrapped matches? Whatever that thread was.

Added in 47 minutes 12 seconds:
To add onto this that I forgot to mention:

The dream sequence was actually influenced by one of the last lines from the movie. Paraphrasing here, "SpaceGodzilla shared the same feelings [as Godzilla]." To me, this very much indicates that SpaceGodzilla shares the same emotional wavelengths as Heisei Godzilla (makes too much sense, he's a clone), but refuses to show it. So I played around with it, and voila!

On another note, setting it on Phobos (and Deimos to a lesser extent) was influenced by a friend of mine who's a huge space nut. Figured it'd be cool to have it set on another moon (even if I doubt the science is entirely accurate :lol:). Originally, for that matter, the match was only meant to be set on the two moons. But I added Mars into the equation to give Biollante an edge, and as a small shout out to Match 87, which was also set on Mars.

Added in 10 minutes 37 seconds:
I also may have forgotten to mention there were versions of Biollante vs. SpaceGodzilla that were still part of the whole "KWC: GU" adaptation even after removing Krystalak from the match.
Last edited by KaijuX on Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TK's Resident Wumbo

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Postby KaijuX » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:04 pm

Well great, now another set of fun facts... Well, this one isn't as elaborate, haha.

I started on this match in early 2016; didn't get done until relatively recently (January, I think) with the help of Harley. It was mostly loss of inspiration that delayed this match as far as it did.

Monster X actually wasn't in the initial version I had in mind; I only included him because I wanted a reason for Manda to activate his "blaze mode" in the fight (as I wanted the whole "Blaze Manda vs. Blaze Manda-Trilopod" visual).

Of course, this last bit is just giving credit, but I did commission dopepope for the 3D renders, which I wanted to keep relatively secretive (at least in that I didn't want the information of "Trilopods in the KWC!" to leak)... We all know how that turned out. :lol:
TK's Resident Wumbo

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Postby soulgodzilla » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:33 pm

And I pretty much blame myself for ruining the surprise.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

SenseiTeriyakiV
EDF Soldier

Postby SenseiTeriyakiV » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:23 pm

Some trivia for Match 221:

-The original ending had Godzillasaurus snapping Zilla's neck in a JpIII-esque fashion; however, I thought this was rather cliche, and didn't want to copy Match 22, so i went with the more creative approach.

- The first draft of this match featured a female Zilla offspring. I wasn't certain if the rules permitted this, so I changed it.

- A Zilla offspring is featured instead of Zilla to minimize the size gap.

- This match is actually my most recent, having been submitted in November of 2017. (Imagine my surprise when it was the first match of mine posted :lol:)

- I'm sure most people noticed this, there is a reference to the 1998 Godzilla movie with Audrey Timmonds - the reporter from the film, and Nick's fiance.

- The concept came from a request by Lain of the Wired, who mentioned he wanted a match with two monsters fighting on the golden gate bridge (Specifically dinosaurs, if i remember correctly).

Return to “K.W.C. (Kaiju War Chronicles)”