If You Can Add Any Monster to KWC

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
soulgodzilla
Futurian

Re: If You Can Add Any Monster to KWC

Post by soulgodzilla »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:
Coobzilla03 wrote:I would replace King Caesar, Manda, Kamacuras and Ebirah with their Showa variants.
I can understand that, but I think kamacuras and Manda are better millennium. The new abilities make them really interesting.
Plus I really love their Millennium redesigns over their Showa counterparts, especially with Manda, he has to have the best Kaiju redesign in any of the Godzilla series next to Millennium Gigan and 2002/2003 Godzilla.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Once again saying Godzilla Showa for KWC. I will not rest until it happens.
Resized Image

godzillafan1954
EDF Instructor

Post by godzillafan1954 »

Coobzilla03 wrote:Once again saying Godzilla Showa for KWC. I will not rest until it happens.
Good luck with that.
eabaker wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:31 am
Jetty_Jags wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:11 am I’d consider 2001 baragon to have some pink undertones.
I hear a distant rumbling... What's that?! It's coming from under the ground!

Oh, God! It's Baragon with Pink undertones! Can't you hear its terrifying cry?!

"Baragooooooon's comin' up, so you better get this party started!"

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

godzillafan1954 wrote:
Coobzilla03 wrote:Once again saying Godzilla Showa for KWC. I will not rest until it happens.
Good luck with that.
I know, it'll never happen... :cry:
Resized Image

godzillafan1954
EDF Instructor

Post by godzillafan1954 »

Coobzilla03 wrote:
godzillafan1954 wrote:
Good luck with that.
Which means no sleep for you, snowflake.
eabaker wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:31 am
Jetty_Jags wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:11 am I’d consider 2001 baragon to have some pink undertones.
I hear a distant rumbling... What's that?! It's coming from under the ground!

Oh, God! It's Baragon with Pink undertones! Can't you hear its terrifying cry?!

"Baragooooooon's comin' up, so you better get this party started!"

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Ain't going to happen, thankfully. We would have to retire my boy LPG.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

godzillafan1954 wrote:
Coobzilla03 wrote:
godzillafan1954 wrote: Good luck with that.
Which means no sleep for you, snowflake.
Excuse me, what did you call me?
Resized Image

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Look, almost everyone wants Showa Godzilla in. The only problem is, according to the higher ups, we have too many Godzillas. Is it dumb because they're counting monsters who only bare a superficial resemblance to Godzilla, like SpaceGodzilla or the Mechagodzillas? Yes, but we can't do anything about it, because Greyshot hates fun and Anthony agrees with him.
OT: I wish we could use some of the scrapped monsters whom we have knowledge about, like Bakan.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:
Look, almost everyone wants Showa Godzilla in. The only problem is, according to the higher ups, we have too many Godzillas. Is it dumb because they're counting monsters who only bare a superficial resemblance to Godzilla, like SpaceGodzilla or the Mechagodzillas? Yes, but we can't do anything about it, because Greyshot hates fun and Anthony agrees with him.
I know. It's pretty wrong to include Spacegodzilla and the MechG's. I'll shut up about it.
Resized Image

DinoMaster
G-Force Personnel

Post by DinoMaster »

There are three things that are stopping Showa Godzilla from getting in. Three really big ones that make it impossible, from greatest to least.

A. Anthony, Greyshot's boss, nixed it. As he owns the site, his say goes over all. If I do recall correctly, he saw little point.

B. We currently have Godzilla (Heisei), Godzilla (Legendary), Zilla, Godzilla Juinor, and Godzillasaurus in. That's five monsters with the name Godzilla in it that could be considered pure, ignoring SpaceGodzilla and Kiryu respectively for their differences, and Mechagodzilla Showa's many skins. This ties into my third point a bit

C. Showa Godzilla is redundant. Early Showa (55-68) is easily written off with Heisei Godzilla, having similar temperments and all. And with the more heroic side, you already have two options. The first is to use Zilla Jr as your heroic Godzila role leaping around and doing some pretty wild things as he did in the TV series. Your second is to write using Heisei Godzilla as Showa Godzilla, which has been done before almost more than actual Heisei's character traits. You could even in theory have Legendary be heroic, which wouldn't be too terribly out of character for the restoration of balance. Between these three, what unqiue thing does Showa Godzilla bring besides one special ability?

I can get why you'd want to, but there's no real need to do so. Better to work on another monster to get in rather than another large prehistoric saurian monster that can be interchanged easily. Like the Trilopods, or one of the crazy Marvel monsters. Not gonna lie, I'd write the hell out of a match for the flying saucer looking one. Rhiahn would be fun to add, have strange abilities, and be unique enough to stick out from the other monsters. I'd argue moreso than Showa Godzilla.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

What I think people want to use are the Flight Ability and Magnetism. :lol: Not only that, to add on as a sort of Point D, Fake Godzilla can pretty much do anything Showa Godzilla can in terms of fighting; just not the super regeneration, magnetism, or the GvH flight (these traits do not apply to Showa MG).
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

KaijuX wrote:What I think people want to use are the Flight Ability and Magnetism. :lol: Not only that, to add on as a sort of Point D, Fake Godzilla can pretty much do anything Showa Godzilla can in terms of fighting; just not the super regeneration, magnetism, or the GvH flight (these traits do not apply to Showa MG).
And I think that's the reason why we want Showa Godzilla in. It's mostly because of the Fake Godzilla disguise is easy to tear off and it won't regenerate.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

DinoMaster
G-Force Personnel

Post by DinoMaster »

The regeneration is something that you can bypass with the fact that unless if it slashes, it's going to hit space titanium and regret anything. With the flight ability something we could add to Heisei thanks to the Godzilla PS4 game (which doesn't need telling why it's not a good idea in the first place), leaves a singular ability that's relatively minor for a reason when it's another Godzilla. Hell, Shin had at least something more interesting to put on the table.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

I'd add this guy.

He's cool, he's a mammal, and he's pretty unique.
Resized Image

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

But he's not official.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Birdman wrote:But he's not official.
He doesn't have to be official. The title says "If you can add any monster to the K.W.C", so I said him.
Resized Image

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

So we're still not bringing in the Triceratops from The Last Dinosaur?
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

soulgodzilla wrote:So we're still not bringing in the Triceratops from The Last Dinosaur?
Pretty sure that's a giant no.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Mire Squid
Spore Mantis
Momma-Long legs
GUNHED
The monster from the 2016 Gamera teaser
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

If we can't have (Billy) the Triceratops, then we need (Owen) the Ox Water Buffalo.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....