The K.W.C. Banner-Artists Thread!

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
UltramanGoji

Re: The K.W.C. Banner-Artists Thread!

Post by UltramanGoji »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Frankenstein vs. Gyaos (Heisei) vs. Kumasogami vs. Kumonga (Showa) vs. Monster X
Took a stab at this, I was in the mood to try out some Photoshoppin'. Sorry about the lack of text, using the toy of Kumasogami (there are like ZERO good pictures of the boy), and also using that model of Monster X yet again. Hope you like it regardless!

Last edited by UltramanGoji on Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

:shock: that is GORGEOUS. Fantastic job.

RIP Evan.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

UltramanGoji wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Frankenstein vs. Gyaos (Heisei) vs. Kumasogami vs. Kumonga (Showa) vs. Monster X
Took a stab at this, I was in the mood to try out some Photoshoppin'. Sorry about the lack of text, using the toy of Kumasogami (there are like ZERO good pictures of the boy), and also using that model of Monster X yet again. Hope you like it regardless!

I love this banner!
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Wow thanks! I never would had expected the request from you. Your banner is amazing! Love how detailed it is and the spooky vibes the night gives. :huge:
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

UltimateDitto wrote:
soulgodzilla wrote:Alright, done with UltimateDitto’s request, and unfortunately, I won’t be making banners for awhile since I’m out of time and my vacation is starting.
Enjoy your vacation! :huge:
I will. 8-)

Added in 3 minutes 18 seconds:
UltramanGoji wrote:

*image*
My only criticism is that there could have been glowing effects on Monster X’s eyes and the exposed lava on Kumasogami, and that would have been great because I could barely see Kumasogami.

But other then that, hawt dang is this a really good banner that just screams for a Halloween match!
Last edited by soulgodzilla on Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

soulgodzilla wrote:My only criticism is that there could have been glowing effects on Monster X’s eyes and the exposed lava on Kumasogami, and that would have been great because I could barely see Kumasogami.

But other then that, hawt dang is this a really good banner that just screams for a Halloween match!
Indeed. If no one does it maybe I will. That banner convinced me to and makes me want the match even more. :D

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

UltramanGoji wrote:

*banner*
This honestly blew me away. Superb work, UG! It's atmospheric and looks incredible! :D Truth be told, while I get there can be limited resources sometimes, if it looks good, then I just say take it. And you did an amazing job on Kumasogami in particular; making that particular toy look good is tricky. Heck, if you'd be up for future banners, I can email you some of the resources I have. Then we also have the Monster Roundup thread dedicated towards finding other images to avoid using the same model for the umph-teenth time.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=24647
Last edited by KaijuX on Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

UltramanGoji wrote:

*banner*
I gotta agree with everyone else here. That banner is amazing and I like how Kumasogami looks nice for once like he actually fits in.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Godzilla (Heisei) vs. King Ghidorah (Heisei) vs. Grand King Ghidorah

Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Wow! Thanks for the great words, guys. I'm happy you all like it so much! :)
KaijuX wrote: Heck, if you'd be up for future banners, I can email you some of the resources I have. Then we also have the Monster Roundup thread dedicated towards finding other images to avoid using the same model for the umph-teenth time.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=24647
I might have to take you up on that offer! This was a lot of fun to do and I'd definitely love the chance to do more! I'll toss you a PM with my email.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

UltramanGoji wrote:I might have to take you up on that offer! This was a lot of fun to do and I'd definitely love the chance to do more! I'll toss you a PM with my email.
If I ever do this match or someone else does I hope its your banner this match gets when it gets up on the K.W.C. :huge:
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

We getting a new banner artist? Sweet.

On another note, Can I request a beaten up, worn out Gezora locked in battle against King Kong 1967 along a tropical beach. Maybe try to show the Space Amoeba trying to possess Kong as he’s battling Gezora. Huts aline the beach. Scene envies epic imagery of a giant fighting the Kraken, possibly battling out in sea as the natives watch from the shore.

And

A human-sized Jet Jaguar standing high and heroically on the rooftop of a building in Tokyo, eager to leap into action, watching King Kong 1962 combat a squadron of jets. Fires and damaged buildings litter the battleground.

Both of these are for written matches

Whoever would be kind enough to take these up, it’d be greatly appreciated!
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:14 am, edited 4 times in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

SoggyNoodles2016

Request for another match I'm working on.

Burning Godzilla, Anguirus, and Moguera vs Megaguirus and Spacegodzilla in a crystal filled Seattle.

RIP Evan.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Request for another match I'm working on.

Burning Godzilla, Anguirus, and Moguera vs Megaguirus and Spacegodzilla in a crystal filled Seattle.
Tried this one out. Might have overdone the smoke effect on Burning G but I already merged the layers at this point so /shrug.

PitchBlack, I'm gonna try out that Kong vs. Gezora one.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

UltramanGoji wrote:

Tried this one out. Might have overdone the smoke effect on Burning G but I already merged the layers at this point so /shrug.

Looks great! Although if you can, you should add slight yellow overlay to the monsters, to help them fit with the background. :thumbsup:
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

They actually do have some color filters applied on them along with some brightness, contrast, and other lighting changes. I think I just need to mess around more with the lighting effects on darker images (SpaceG for instance was a very dark image that I tried to brighten but it ended up looking too bright).

SoggyNoodles2016

UltramanGoji wrote:

Tried this one out. Might have overdone the smoke effect on Burning G but I already merged the layers at this point

*img*
Excellent! Gonna start working on this right away. Thanks so much!

RIP Evan.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Thank you! I updated my original request post with better detail if you want to check it out, but yet again, thanks for taking it up, I’m eager to see how it turns out! :)
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Saltmons
Samurai

Post by Saltmons »

soulgodzilla wrote: Finished Birdman’s request.
TBH Red King looks kinda shoved in compared to X
I'm a toku fan first and a kaiju fan second.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Saltmons wrote:
soulgodzilla wrote: Finished Birdman’s request.
TBH Red King looks kinda shoved in compared to X
Yeah... I couldn’t think of a good way to have Red King fit in and I was trying to get this made before my vacation began.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.