VOTE: Godzilla (Showa) Incarnation to Use in KWC

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.

Which Incarnation of Godzilla (Showa) to use?

Gyakushu-Goji (Godzilla Raids Again)
8%
King-Goji (King Kong vs. Godzilla)
11%
Mosu-Goji (Mothra vs. Godzilla to Ghidorah the Three-Headed Monster)
7%
Daisenso-Goji (Monster Zero to Sea Monster)
3%
Musuko-Goji (Son of Godzilla)
2%
Soshingeki-Goji (Destroy All Monsters to Godzilla vs. Gigan)
11%
Megaro-Goji (Godzilla vs. Megalon to Terror of Mechagodzilla)
57%

Total votes: 61

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Re: VOTE: Godzilla (Showa) Incarnation to Use in KWC

Post by Kaijunator »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:
Kaijunator wrote:
Lain Of The Wired wrote:I'd rather have the 1975 incarnation used, since he looks more mean.
MegaroGoji is from 1975. The poll says 1973-1975.
Yeah, no shit. I'm aware of that, I just meant as the "Winner" picture of the Godzilla Showa, I'd prefer the use of the 1975 version of the suit, because he just looks more mean, as Godzilla should, opposed to the "friendly" look of the 1973 version.
Then here you go. Actually don't know if the second one is '75. I can't tell if it's that or '73.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

^ I can only see the first one, and I don't think that'd work with Mechagodzilla's head in it. I'm sure there's a really nice shot of him somewhere on the webz...

EDIT: Maybe one of these?
Spoiler:

Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Shazam14
EDF Instructor

Post by Shazam14 »

Yeah, I'd go with 1973 instead of 1975. 1975 looks kinda weird honestly.

Primevalgodzilla V2
Futurian

Post by Primevalgodzilla V2 »

If we are going to have a heroic Godzilla, might as well embrace the concept. The '75 design looks too grim and, yes, mean for a Godzilla so unabashedly and loveably heroic. Not to mention the '73 face is just all round more appealing and iconic.
It is a simple story. There is nothing that brings me happiness. Be it believing in others or them believe in me, it did not matter.
What others called happiness simply did not bring me joy.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Primevalgodzilla V2 wrote:If we are going to have a heroic Godzilla, might as well embrace the concept. The '75 design looks too grim and, yes, mean for a Godzilla so unabashedly and loveably heroic. Not to mention the '73 face is just all round more appealing and iconic.
No. We will use '75 and that's that. If you have a problem, too bad, SLAVE. :lol:

In all seriousness, I don't care if the picture is of '73 or '74 or '75, I just want to see MegaroGoji in the KWC. Though I prefer the '75.

@Lain of the Wired: The second pic would be great.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Primevalgodzilla V2 wrote:If we are going to have a heroic Godzilla, might as well embrace the concept. The '75 design looks too grim and, yes, mean for a Godzilla so unabashedly and loveably heroic. Not to mention the '73 face is just all round more appealing and iconic.
I think you forget the fact that it's the writer's choice on whether or not they want to depict the Showa Godzilla as heroic or the quote on quote "bad guy", and it'd look pretty silly if someone had a match where Goji was depicted as Godzilla 1962 or 1964 like in attitude and we scroll down to see that lovable and friendly 1973 face as the winner.
That's why I say use 1975 as the picture because yes, he DOES look mean, but yet, in that film, he was STILL the hero, but you could easily have that incarnation as the "bad guy", because his face matches that role too.

But according to KaijuX, Arbok has his foot down on the "no Showa Godzilla" thing, so there's really no need for this thread anymore, except being a cruel reminder of "what could have been".

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:But according to KaijuX, Arbok has his foot down on the "no Showa Godzilla" thing, so there's really no need for this thread anymore, except being a cruel reminder of "what could have been".
Not necessarily. Like I said, as of now and the near-future, no Showa Godzilla. But if the stars align, there's a chance of him being introduced, it just won't be for a while. Though yeah, given the majority vote, you're not wrong in saying that the thread is no longer needed. I got the results needed so that when he is introduced, there won't be a problem with the face seen. ;)
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

^ KaijuX, if there's ever a favor you could do for me, let it be you picking Godzilla 1975 :lol:

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:^ KaijuX, if there's ever a favor you could do for me, let it be you picking Godzilla 1975 :lol:
He doesn't need to do you a favor, he has to do it because remember we own him now. :D
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

GodzillavsJason wrote:
Lain Of The Wired wrote:^ KaijuX, if there's ever a favor you could do for me, let it be you picking Godzilla 1975 :lol:
He doesn't need to do you a favor, he has to do it because remember we own him now. :D
lol, good point :lol:
Chop to it, KaijuX lmao.

Shazam14
EDF Instructor

Post by Shazam14 »

Eck. I'd rather 1973 Goji. 1975 faces just looks so.. constipated to me.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Shazam14 wrote:Eck. I'd rather 1973 Goji. 1975 faces just looks so.. constipated to me.
I really don't see how, but ok..

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Hmm, the idea of 1973 being at the way bottom after a match with GyakyshuGoji is a funny thought. :lol: Again, depends on the image that'll work best. I can understand both points, so this will be given some thought.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

KaijuX wrote:Hmm, the idea of 1973 being at the way bottom after a match with GyakyshuGoji is a funny thought. :lol: Again, depends on the image that'll work best. I can understand both points, so this will be given some thought.
I'm not seeing any strong arguements for why G73 should be used instead of G75 other than "G75 looks constipated" and that's... just an odd opinion.
G75 is just better capable of filling the role as destroyer or protector. I just can't see Godzilla 1973 fitting the role as a destroyer, obliterating tokyo, and leaving a sea of flames behind, G75 on the otherhand...

Shazam14
EDF Instructor

Post by Shazam14 »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:
KaijuX wrote:Hmm, the idea of 1973 being at the way bottom after a match with GyakyshuGoji is a funny thought. :lol: Again, depends on the image that'll work best. I can understand both points, so this will be given some thought.
I'm not seeing any strong arguements for why G73 should be used instead of G75 other than "G75 looks constipated" and that's... just an odd opinion.
G75 is just better capable of filling the role as destroyer or protector. I just can't see Godzilla 1973 fitting the role as a destroyer, obliterating tokyo, and leaving a sea of flames behind, G75 on the otherhand...
We already have a Godzilla that can fill both roles like that. Besides, there was no argument to begin with I would just rather 73 Godzilla.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

^ It doesn't matter if we "already have a Godzilla that can fit both roles", all characters in the roster can be either "good" or "bad", it's all up to the writer.
And I wasn't referring to you about the argument, and I didn't mean argument in a hostile way, I was talking about KaijuX saying he'd take both points into consideration.

Shazam14
EDF Instructor

Post by Shazam14 »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:^ It doesn't matter if we "already have a Godzilla that fits that role", all characters in the roster can be either "good" or "bad", it's all up to the writer.
And I wasn't referring to you about the argument, and I didn't mean argument in a hostile way, I was talking about KaijuX saying he'd take both points into consideration.
So basically-- nevermind. Either way, I'd much rather 73. His face just looks better to me.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Well, writing the character can be taken any direction. If anyone read my post, any of the incarnations can be used now. This is just for the image that goes with the Win/Tie/Stats screen. The more I think about it, I think '74/'75 would supplement the role a touch better. As much as I found it funny, it'd be a touch awkward to look at the bottom and see '73 Goji after someone decides to write a GyakushuGoji match. '75, at the very least, has a stern serious look to him. Of course, if this were up to me, I'd go with MosuGoji, but I am listening to the voice of the community on this one. ;) That's just my two cents on the matter.

Pair of kings.

Shazam14
EDF Instructor

Post by Shazam14 »

KaijuX wrote:Well, writing the character can be taken any direction. If anyone read my post, any of the incarnations can be used now. This is just for the image that goes with the Win/Tie/Stats screen. The more I think about it, I think '74/'75 would supplement the role a touch better. As much as I found it funny, it'd be a touch awkward to look at the bottom and see '73 Goji after someone decides to write a GyakushuGoji match. '75, at the very least, has a stern serious look to him. Of course, if this were up to me, I'd go with MosuGoji, but I am listening to the voice of the community on this one. ;) That's just my two cents on the matter.
Actually, I take it back. 1974 all the way. I confused it with 1973.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Shazam14 wrote:
Lain Of The Wired wrote:^ It doesn't matter if we "already have a Godzilla that fits that role", all characters in the roster can be either "good" or "bad", it's all up to the writer.
So basically-- nevermind.
I posted that before I really had a chance to flesh out my post more. What I mean to say is, ANY kaiju can be good or bad in the KWC, but if the role of bad guy doesn't fit the monster very well, it'll just seem flat out silly.
You can't honestly tell me you can see G73, with his lovable, huggable appearance being the menace that G54, 55, 62, and 64 was, G75 on the otherhand can, with ease.