VOTE: Godzilla (Showa) Incarnation to Use in KWC

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.

Which Incarnation of Godzilla (Showa) to use?

Gyakushu-Goji (Godzilla Raids Again)
8%
King-Goji (King Kong vs. Godzilla)
11%
Mosu-Goji (Mothra vs. Godzilla to Ghidorah the Three-Headed Monster)
7%
Daisenso-Goji (Monster Zero to Sea Monster)
3%
Musuko-Goji (Son of Godzilla)
2%
Soshingeki-Goji (Destroy All Monsters to Godzilla vs. Gigan)
11%
Megaro-Goji (Godzilla vs. Megalon to Terror of Mechagodzilla)
57%

Total votes: 61

Shazam14
EDF Instructor

Re: VOTE: Godzilla (Showa) Incarnation to Use in KWC

Post by Shazam14 »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:
Shazam14 wrote:
Lain Of The Wired wrote:^ It doesn't matter if we "already have a Godzilla that fits that role", all characters in the roster can be either "good" or "bad", it's all up to the writer.
And I wasn't referring to you about the argument, and I didn't mean argument in a hostile way, I was talking about KaijuX saying he'd take both points into consideration.
So basically-- nevermind.
I posted that before I really had a chance to flesh out my post more. What I mean to say is, ANY kaiju can be good or bad in the KWC, but if the role of bad guy doesn't fit the monster very well, it'll just seem flat out silly.
You can't honestly tell me you can see G73, with his lovable, huggable appearance being the menace that G54, 55, 62, and 64 was, G75 on the otherhand can, with ease.
Honestly, I wouldn't even use the 1970's Godzilla as a bad guy at all in the first place. Doesn't seem right for them. BUT! Although I prefer 1094 I think we should just use Godzilla 1970's in general. A lot easier that way.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

KaijuX wrote:Well, writing the character can be taken any direction. If anyone read my post, any of the incarnations can be used now. This is just for the image that goes with the Win/Tie/Stats screen. The more I think about it, I think '74/'75 would supplement the role a touch better. As much as I found it funny, it'd be a touch awkward to look at the bottom and see '73 Goji after someone decides to write a GyakushuGoji match. '75, at the very least, has a stern serious look to him. Of course, if this were up to me, I'd go with MosuGoji, but I am listening to the voice of the community on this one. ;) That's just my two cents on the matter.
I could settle for G74, he had a serious looking expression on his face too, not AS mean as G75, but like I said, I'd settle for it.
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

So here's the plan…
I'm trying to get as many problem to voice their opinions and vote YES in this poll, and hopefully Anthony takes notice, and finally agrees to let Showa Goji into the KWC

http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... 27&t=25055
^ Vote YES here

If enough people request Anthony to let him in, I think it might just happen
*Ive also got Chris trying to get Anthony to green light him*

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

70's. I always wanted to do a flying magnet combo in a match.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Living Corpse wrote:70's. I always wanted to do a flying magnet combo in a match.
You could pit Showa Godzilla against ANY of the mechs, and he'd destroy them all with magnetism ability :lol:

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:70's. I always wanted to do a flying magnet combo in a match.
You could pit Showa Godzilla against ANY of the mechs, and he'd destroy them all with magnetism ability :lol:
The idea I had was against an organic enemy. He grabs them and flies up, while using magnetism at the same time, we see a shit ton of metal stuff fly up with them like towers, and then they crash back to Earth, Godzilla rolling off the monster and letting all this stuff, satellites, meteors and even UFOs fall on top of the monster.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Living Corpse wrote:
Lain Of The Wired wrote:
The idea I had was against an organic enemy. He grabs them and flies up, while using magnetism at the same time, we see a shit ton of metal stuff fly up with them like towers, and then they crash back to Earth, Godzilla rolling off the monster and letting all this stuff, satellites, meteors and even UFOs fall on top of the monster.
OH, well that'd be cool too!

Still, no mech could survive Showa Goji :freak:

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Lain Of The Wired wrote: OH, well that'd be cool too!

Hell of a finisher, kill them with the crash landing and bury the body.

Maybe, Godzilla did need help beating MG1 with King Caesar and MG2 & Titano with humans.

GodzillaLord
Interpol Agent

Post by GodzillaLord »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
Lain Of The Wired wrote: You could pit Showa Godzilla against ANY of the mechs, and he'd destroy them all with magnetism ability :lol:
OH, well that'd be cool too!

Magnetism or not their are canidates for handling him.

M.O.G.U.E.R.A (Heisei)
Kiryu (possibly, though likley)
Super Mechagodzilla (possibly)
Mecha-King Ghidorah

and Showa MG1 had his beat until he got help so ummm....sure.
"I learned whence Cthulhu first came, and why half the great temporary stars of history had flared forth."
GodzillaLord wrote:
Birdman wrote:Do you like what you see?.
No. Given that the majority of Godzilla kaiju aren't sentient and are essentially just large animals, that's a little bit messed up. "Shrug", i digress do what you like, but i don't need the information.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

^ Nope, he'd beat em all :P
#kingofmagnetism

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

I love how i voted for Gigantis even though i knew he wouldnt be selected lol
Resized Image

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Beef Bigshot wrote:I love how i voted for Gigantis even though i knew he wouldnt be selected lol
Well, to be fair, it was a better choice than Musuko-Goji. :P Off topic real quick, you're a mod now? Congrats, man!
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

KaijuX wrote:
Beef Bigshot wrote:I love how i voted for Gigantis even though i knew he wouldnt be selected lol
Well, to be fair, it was a better choice than Musuko-Goji. :P Off topic real quick, you're a mod now? Congrats, man!
Yup I finally got that Algae to grow on my name tag! But ya I agree, I dont think anyone likes Musuko Goji...like at all.

With that said get back on topic
Resized Image

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Beef Bigshot wrote:
KaijuX wrote:
Yup I finally got that Algae to grow on my name tag! But ya I agree, I dont think anyone likes Musuko Goji...like at all.
I actually do, no lie :lol:
I like the proportions and the spines, and even though the face is kinda fucked, I can deal.
The 1955 suit is the only Showa suit I dislike lol
Last edited by Lain Of The Wired on Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Aye. I don't spite MusukoGoji; sure, I'll make fun of him for lulz, but I don't think it's bad. Musuko is actually one of the better suits, but it does suffer from an odd head design.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

I'd say Megaro-Goji since he is my favorite Showa incarnation next to ShodaiGoji.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

Gojifan2005
Ronin

Post by Gojifan2005 »

MEGARO GOJI!!!

Gojifan2005
Ronin

Post by Gojifan2005 »

Since we are going for all designs,the poll being the picture,I'm still sticking with megaro.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

It'd be real cool If you could stop bumping this thread...

Showa Godzilla isn't getting added, and there's no reason to post in this thread anymore. Surprised it hasn't been locked already...
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking