The KWC Committee! The First Discord Group!

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Re: The KWC Committee! The First Skype Group!

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Just to clarify: I am not saying "My matches are holy scripture and how dare you besmirch them." As I said more than once in my post, if you have a valid observation or criticism to make, or a joke that's actually funny, that's great, throw it out there. I would never say I am beyond making fun of, no one is. But Jesus, it would just be nice if a full three sentences could pass without "lol butt." Again, it's not even that I'm offended by the jokes, it's just that, at the end of the day, jokes or no jokes, I imagine most people listen to these to hear the matches be read. Go ahead and make your jokes, but moderation is key, huh? Even the most hilarious jokes in existence stop being funny if they come at a rate of one per second.
KaijuX wrote:Though I will say, having pre-recorded all of this back in... June, I think? There are definitely ongoing jokes that I feel like have definitely lost their luster.
Just a tad.

You're one hundred episodes in, man. Get some new material! :P
KaijuX wrote:other times they're legit blunders on our parts and we make fun of ourselves for it (and then those become jokes, and so on and so on).
That's fine. I'm hardly gonna complain because you guys get tongue twisted or something. God knows I've had my fair share of that myself.
KaijuX wrote:That said, the Committee Reads was never built on the idea of reading these things straight; we make fun of every little thing in there (which includes things like continuity errors, the whole "hit Gaira's" thing, interrupting to say something, etc.), with the immaturity that ensues.
Look, if you guys want to be a sort of KWC MST3K, that's great. But contrary to popular opinion, the MST3K crew doesn't just shout out whatever pops into their heads, they actually write scripts specifically to make sure that their jokes are funny. :P
KaijuX wrote:if that's not your thing, then that's on you.
Well, gee, isn't that nice and understanding?
KaijuX wrote:If you wanted us to read it straight, as is, then you might be looking for a KWC Audiobook
KaijuX wrote:If you want a KWC match read straight with dignity, then you'll have to wait for the KWC Audiobook edition when we get to that.
Thank you, that's very helpful. I will immediately look into that second option that doesn't exist. :P
KaijuX wrote:If you want there to be less sex jokes and whatnot, that's not in my power to do so.
Well, I mean, it probably is a little bit. >_>
KaijuX wrote:I'd imagine there'll be the day where the sex jokes and innuendos will become dry and hollow
Just like my sex life. B'dun, tsh.

I GOTS JOKES, TOO
KaijuX wrote:if you think we're treating you harshly, Tom's matches get it worse if you ask me. ;)
KaijuX wrote:And if you feel like "boo hoo, I get the most s**t"
Doesn't matter whose match it is, I just want to hear the damn thing, regardless of you guys making jokes. If you can make your jokes while still reading the match at a reasonable pace, then that's great!
KaijuX wrote:Well, afraid you miss the praise we give you at the end--and that's not sarcasm. GvJ thinks it holds up nicely, all things considered; can't say I immediately recall what the other said, but I don't recall any real complaints from M100 (not even the pacing, given how long it is; it's much better paced than Match 56's post-Bagan's resurrection).
KaijuX wrote:But we do give our (original/new) opinions by the end, regardless of the amount of nitpicking we do. I know my mind has changed a lot with some of them, notably Tom's older works; some of them I felt like I could've phrased my opinions better; others have remained relatively the same.
I get that. And I'm glad to hear you guys ultimately liked the match. Maybe I'll eventually try and finish the video some day. It's just hard to reach that far when I have to go through four hours of "lol Anguirus got fisted."
KaijuX wrote:You clearly can't take it.
Again, that's nice.
GodzillavsZilla wrote:it shouldn't be held at such a standard that nobody can make fun of it.
GodzillavsZilla wrote:saying "Don't make fun of this, I worked hard on it!" is a terrible and incredibly flawed argument.
Again, I'm not saying "don't make fun of my match" (because you guys aren't even really making fun of it, just blabbing jokes throughout it), it's just that I want to hear the thing being read. Go ahead, make your joke, but then move on and read the match. Wait more than ten seconds before making another one.
GodzillavsZilla wrote:Well, the movies don't really mention that certain monsters are the same from previous ones, to my knowledge at least.
They certainly don't say that they're not.
GodzillavsZilla wrote:I get that they're references, but the way it's written, it feels like they were resurrected from the dead and want revenge.
Well, I mean, even if that was the intent (it wasn't, but)... So?
GodzillavsZilla wrote:I agree with some like the "again and again" joke (I started that joke
IT WAS YOU!

*Points at GvsZ and screams like a Body Snatcher.*
GodzillavsZilla wrote:(that time when you said you liked my match made me so happy and made me want to write more, knowing that the one who started the KWC likes something I made),
Aww, shucks. Which match was that, out of curiosity?
GodzillavsZilla wrote:I do like you and a lot of your matches, but I don't think you should be exempt from getting riffed.
Again, it's not that I'm being riffed, it's that it comes at the expense of the match that's being read. Imagine if MST3K paused the movie they were watching every time they made a joke.
Nagoda wrote:I am sorry for how much of an a-hole I might have been during the reading. I am a dumb, awkward, immature teenager with too much time on his hands so I tend to do dumb things a lot while reading with the others as I’ve gotten quite use to them.
Hey, look, don't beat yourself up, Nagoda. I don't think you're an awful person or anything. It's just frustrating to be trying to listen to the reading of a match and instead hear riff after riff.

After riff. After riff. After riff. After riff. After riff.
Nagoda wrote:As this was recorded during summer, I really had nothing to look forward to ... as I was stuck at home doing nothing but messing around in photoshop with little inspiration and babysitting younger siblings. As such, I may have been a bit more eccentric with no schoolwork or projects to keep me grounded.
I feel your pain.
Nagoda wrote:As for Match 100, it is one of my favorite matches in the KWC and I use it as an example of what my writing should live up to. When I was writing my Gamera vs Everyone match, I didn’t really look at the two Bagan vs Everyone matches as much as I did with Match 100 on how I should write the match.
Aww.

Alright, this post is long enough as it is. I should probably end it here. Bye.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

TitanoGoji16 wrote:You're one hundred episodes in, man. Get some new material! :P
Sure thing! I'll get right to that--
Uh, guys? I think we have a problem. :lol:
Look, if you guys want to be a sort of KWC MST3K, that's great. But contrary to popular opinion, the MST3K crew doesn't just shout out whatever pops into their heads, they actually write scripts specifically to make sure that their jokes are funny. :P
Except we do everything on the fly, so... Uh, argument countered? :P I haven't seen MST3K's material, but I figured their stuff was scripted and thought out.
KaijuX wrote:And if you feel like "boo hoo, I get the most s**t"
Well, gee, isn't that nice and understanding?
Again, that's nice.
Oh man, that really came out wrong. Guess you can say that last night, I was very...
:lol:
Thank you, that's very helpful. I will immediately look into that second option that doesn't exist. :P
Yet. :P
KaijuX wrote:If you want there to be less sex jokes and whatnot, that's not in my power to do so.
Well, I mean, it probably is a little bit. >_>
Well in that case...
Just like my sex life. B'dun, tsh.

I GOTS JOKES, TOO
Welcome to the club! :P
GodzillavsZilla wrote:(that time when you said you liked my match made me so happy and made me want to write more, knowing that the one who started the KWC likes something I made),
The matches Joe's written are 201, 209, and 210. Though I think I recall you commenting on 201 (Mothra vs. MG Showa), so that's probably the one.
Again, it's not that I'm being riffed, it's that it comes at the expense of the match that's being read. Imagine if MST3K paused the movie they were watching every time they made a joke.
MST3K would've been a masterpiece if they went that route. :lol:
Alright, this post is long enough as it is. I should probably end it here. Bye.
All right everyone, tell TG bye-bye now! :P

I'm just happy that things didn't crash and burn (immediately). Hooray for having a decent sense of humor and maturity in the midst of salt. :P
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

TitanoGoji16 wrote:
GodzillavsZilla wrote:Well, the movies don't really mention that certain monsters are the same from previous ones, to my knowledge at least.
They certainly don't say that they're not.
GodzillavsZilla wrote:I get that they're references, but the way it's written, it feels like they were resurrected from the dead and want revenge.
Well, I mean, even if that was the intent (it wasn't, but)... So?
It's a little distracting to me and hard not to make fun of. The movies make it feel like it's up to the viewers interpretation whether it's the same Rodan or Baragon or a different one (though, they're clearly different). A good example of how to do one of these references would be Match 200 with some of the fights (Jet Jaguar vs Krystalak and Godzilla vs Obsidius in particular). They feel like references to some older matches, but Greyshot doesn't say "Jet Jaguar punched Krystalak, the same creature who killed him before!", they're just cool little references that don't feel like they overstay their welcome (unlike our jokes :lol: ).
It was Match 209: Kumonga vs MUTO (Female). When we get to it, you're more than welcome to come on and riff it to your heart's content ;).
Last edited by GodzillavsZilla on Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

Tomzilla
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by Tomzilla »

^ I loved Match 209!

Man, the jokes in this thread are so bad I’d rather go read Godzilla vs. Gamera...
Monster Sightings Video: GHIDORAH | King of Terror!
“Everyone, deep in their hearts, is waiting for the end of the world to come.”

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Tomzilla wrote:^ I loved Match 209!
Wow, thanks Tom, I really appreciate that :D.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
On my wall. ;)
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

Tomzilla wrote:Man, the jokes in this thread are so bad I’d rather go read Godzilla vs. Gamera...

Somebody has a sense of humor. :mrgreen:
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Greetings Everyone,

I've listened to 100 and as the head of the K.W.C., I can definitely sympathize with Titano's comments. For the most part, I've let the K.W.C.C. operate outside my sphere of influence with KaijuX as the creative lead on the project. Upon reflection of 98, 99, and parts of 100 where I was not there, I'm going to be stepping in going forward.

Again, this is not criticizing any one person, but a general reflection of a trend I've noticed with the show. I'll be discussing potential changes with KaijuX for the K.W.C.C. and ensuring that I'm on every episode, on time :lol:

The idea of this show, at least the one I hope is conveyed, is reading a KWC match in a unique way and giving an honest reflection upon the writer's work. I feel the first half has overshadowed the second and that to ensure we don't have situations arise like this again, a more mature balance is needed between the two. Something definitely attainable and a goal I look forward to implementing in the very near future.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

I will agree that the riffing every sentence and the sex jokes to get grading after a while.
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

All right guys, new KWCC! :D

Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Alright, it’s probably going to be a while before i’m able to get enough time to finish listening to the whole podcast, but I just want to get this in. On the topic of Redman vs Team Creepypasta, i’m glad people liked it, but I want to just make a few comments on the criticisms levied towards it. I’ll start off by saying i’m glad GvJ and Harley were honest, and weren’t mean about it either. So, I won’t bitch about the criticisms, just want to defend it a little.

I understand the too random criticism, I will admit that’s an issue with it. I wouldn’t say it’s overly silly, like April fools match 200, but in general I will admit there could’ve been a more solid plot.

“The Mario Bros being involved was goofy”, yeah I can see that, but it makes sense when you know just how many shitty creepypastas there are about one of the Mario Bros going insane, or murdering other characters, or blah blah excuse for generic gore-fest. At least that’s the reasoning, if that’s not enough I understand, just saying why they were there.

“Redman’s goals weren’t clear enough” I thought it was made clear multiple times he was trying to get to the portal in the middle of the forest to destroy it, though admittedly he does stop for way longer than he really needed to several times. My bad, same with the repetitiveness of the story, that one’s all on me.

“Redman seemed too OP” He bled and was wounded several times, yeah most of the characters got crushed with ease, but once he reached Slenderman he started struggling. X Sonic almost killed him, and would have if it weren’t for Solomon. I suppose he could have struggled more, but I thought it was fine.

Rick and Morty showing up. I dunno man, SoulGodzilla brought it up, and I didn’t want to say no. There could have been foreshadowing, or something to make their appearance make more sense, but by the time we reached that point we were almost out of time, and I kinda just wanted the story done with.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Yeah, I’m completely cool with everyone’s criticisms and all that. But hey, I just wanted to make this as a joke parody match and nothing like too serious.

And yeah, we were out of time when making this and I ended up thinking of the Rick & Morty ending.

At least allot of people liked it.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Alright, finally finished. First off, I like the editing. It’s nice and helpful, glad it’s there.

I eagerly await match 216, the first match of 2018. “But Greyshot said it would be up-“ Don’t believe his lies! :P

The changes to the Committe Reads: I’m all for the fanfic reads being their own series. I hope the new main reads aren’t too held back, I would hate for you guys to just be quiet the whole time you read. Being more serious I would be fine with, but I also love the riffing.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: I eagerly await match 216, the first match of 2018. “But Greyshot said it would be up-“ Don’t believe his lies! :P
Well, Greyshot did say it so it'll probably be up by 2019 :P .
The changes to the Committe Reads: I’m all for the fanfic reads being their own series. I hope the new main reads aren’t too held back, I would hate for you guys to just be quiet the whole time you read. Being more serious I would be fine with, but I also love the riffing.
I agree, I hope we can find a happy balance of being serious and riffing. With all changes, it might be jarring at first, but I think we'll get used to it as time goes on and so will the audience.

I also agree with the editing, I really like it even with how simple it is.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
On my wall. ;)

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Fanfic reading huh? I would like to see you guys read through terrible fanfics like the terrible Creepypastas.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

soulgodzilla wrote:Fanfic reading huh? I would like to see you guys read through terrible fanfics like the terrible Creepypastas.
I mean, we've technically already have. :lol: But there might be more in the future--it'll just be a while before we get there.

Pair of kings.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

So what times do y'all record KWC readings? In case I ever decide to hop on one of these? :D
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

UltimateDitto wrote:So what times do y'all record KWC readings? In case I ever decide to hop on one of these? :D
We recorded the first seven; we're hoping to do the last five tomorrow.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

GodzillavsJason wrote:
UltimateDitto wrote:So what times do y'all record KWC readings? In case I ever decide to hop on one of these? :D
Wow you guys are busy, don't think I will be able to join tomorrow, but at what time do you record, and what do you use to talk to each other?
Last edited by GodzillavsJason on Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

I ♡ Image

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

UltimateDitto wrote:
GodzillavsJason wrote:
Wow you guys are busy, don't think I will be able to join tomorrow, but at what time do you record, and what do you use to talk to each other?
We usually record at 6 EST and we use Discord to talk to each other.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
On my wall. ;)

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

That's mountain time for me, if it's four in AM, that's no good, four in the PM is worse at this point in time, thanks for the confirmation though. :)

I ♡ Image