Your Least Favourite KWCs (NOTES IN THREAD)

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
LeaderMegatron
Terminated
Terminated

Re: Your Least Favourite KWCs (NOTES IN THREAD)

Post by LeaderMegatron »

M.U.T.Os match 211, 210, 209, 208, 180
Hokmuto: You are not prepared !!!!!!!
Hokmuto is King of monsters!!!
:muto:
https://media.giphy.com/media/13o6wQitMSQ6g8/giphy.gif Male MUTO roar
https://media3.giphy.com/media/W0S4GvmQEeNb2/200w.webp EMP for admins and moderators
My name is Hokmuto.
I am Hokmuto M.U.T.O (Male)
My mate is Femuto M.U.T.O (Female)

fanofstuff
Monsterland Worker

Post by fanofstuff »

LeaderMegatron wrote:M.U.T.Os match 211, 210, 209, 208, 180
I'm noticing a pattern in your least favorite KWC's.

LeaderMegatron
Terminated
Terminated

Post by LeaderMegatron »

fanofstuff wrote:
Yes yes Are my favorite KWC's matchs
Hokmuto: You are not prepared !!!!!!!
Hokmuto is King of monsters!!!
:muto:
https://media.giphy.com/media/13o6wQitMSQ6g8/giphy.gif Male MUTO roar
https://media3.giphy.com/media/W0S4GvmQEeNb2/200w.webp EMP for admins and moderators
My name is Hokmuto.
I am Hokmuto M.U.T.O (Male)
My mate is Femuto M.U.T.O (Female)

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

LeaderMegatron wrote:
fanofstuff wrote:
Yes yes Are my favorite KWC's matchs
Read. This is the LEAST favorites thread aka the matches you do NOT like or even flat out hate...

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

{---HYPERZeTToN---} wrote:Read. This is the LEAST favorites thread aka the matches you do NOT like or even flat out hate...
Don't even bother with this guy. He's a troll. It's only a matter of time until he gets banned since he's been ignoring all warnings.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
{---HYPERZeTToN---} wrote:Read. This is the LEAST favorites thread aka the matches you do NOT like or even flat out hate...
Don't even bother with this guy. He's a troll. It's only a matter of time until he gets banned since he's been ignoring all warnings.
Probably is, still wanted to say something, could be special, who knows...

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

{---HYPERZeTToN---} wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Probably is, could be special
This, no need to be harsh with the guy, GodzillaFan1990, I have a feeling he’s just having an issue understanding how this place works is all, let’s move on shall we.

On topic

I’m not a fan of any match with a long build up before the fight, save it for the fan fiction sub forum we’re here for the fights
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

PitchBlackProgress wrote:This, no need to be harsh with the guy, GodzillaFan1990, I have a feeling he’s just having an issue understanding how this place works is all, let’s move on shall we.
Thing is he's been ignoring all the warnings he's been given, that's a perfect sign he is one.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

Guys, let's just ignore and move on from the guy.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

Quite frankly, I feel that the Kiryu vs Mechagodzilla fight was the worst. It comes down to one thing: there isn't much to it. They shoot each other a few times, they hit each other even fewer times, they hit their finishing moves, and then end. It's lacking in substance and that makes it boring, plain and simple.
Last edited by HillyHulk on Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G&G-Fan
Monsterland Worker

Post by G&G-Fan »

All fights with Godzillasaurus. It was dumb to add him in the first place. I don't know why they did it. It's a 12 meter generic dinosaur that was killed by the navy (and before you mention Destoroyah, the military exploited a specific weakness of his biology; regular maser cannons didn't do anything. It's like saying Heisei Godzilla was weak because of the Cadium missiles and ANEB despite fighting the most powerful monsters). And especially that last match........ NOPE! I was honestly happy when I heard he's being retired.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

G&G-Fan wrote:All fights with Godzillasaurus. It was dumb to add him in the first place. I don't know why they did it. It's a 12 meter generic dinosaur
Gorosaurus is a "generic dinosaur" and he's been a fan favorite since the 60's... Your argument is moot.
that was killed by the navy (and before you mention Destoroyah, the military exploited a specific weakness of his biology; regular maser cannons didn't do anything. It's like saying Heisei Godzilla was weak because of the Cadium missiles and ANEB despite fighting the most powerful monsters.
Except Godzilla got back up afterwards, last I checked Destroyah fell from the sky like a moth smacking into a bug zapper and was never seen again. :P :lol:
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

I guess I'll revive the thread.

My least favorite is match number 38, not because Kong wins but by how he wins just because he wasn't there for the rest of the fight. It feels cheap and unearned.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

gottatalktothefake wrote:I guess I'll revive the thread.

My least favorite is match number 38, not because Kong wins but by how he wins just because he wasn't there for the rest of the fight. It feels cheap and unearned.
And not only that, not only was its writing felt like Godzilla Vs. Gamera, but that match really made me feel bored.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

Saltmons
Samurai

Post by Saltmons »

Honestly Gigan vs Destoroyah is brutally generic, has zero plot, and you can tell what's going to happen from the beginning. Doesn't help that the SFM banner is ugly as skreeonk.

Oh yeah, and it shares the tense swaps that have eternally plagued KaijuX's matches.
I'm a toku fan first and a kaiju fan second.

Crocartes
Yojimbo

Post by Crocartes »

Not to make this an echo chamber, but I'm gonna have to say the Gabara vs Monster X match.

Firstly, I'm just plain biased because I like monster X, but that match was a bit too clearly on the nose for my taste.

I've been reading for over a decade, and never has a match struck me as disrespectful to the monster in the way this one did. That said, the Gorosaurus vs Monster X match didn't bother me as much. Sure it was absolutely shocking when I read it, but I enjoyed the literary surprise of the sudden conclusion to it, as opposed to the Gabara match's "slow burn" if you will.

I noticed a few people made mention of matches lasting too long as a reason they don't like them, but I'm actually the opposite. I really enjoy reading long, detailed matches a lot more than quick skirmishes, and the quicker matches probably rank lower for me overall than faster ones.
Last edited by Crocartes on Fri May 17, 2019 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Crocartes wrote:Not to make this an echo chamber, but I'm gonna have to say the Gabara vs Monster X match.

Firstly, I'm just plain biased because I like monster X, but that match was a bit too clearly on the nose for my taste.

I've been reading for over a decade, and never has a match struck me as disrespectful to the monster in the way this one did. That said, the Gorosaurus vs Monster X match didn't bother me as much. Sure it was absolutely shocking when I read it, but I enjoyed the literary surprise of the sudden conclusion to it, as opposed to the Gabara match's "slow burn" if you will.

I noticed a few people made mention of matches lasting too long as a reason they don't like them, but I'm actually the opposite. I really enjoy reading long, detailed matches a lot more than quick skirmishes, and the quicker matches probably rank lower for me overall than faster ones.
A match like that, imo, would only be considered good if its for the purpose of a good story telling as oppose for the purpose of hating a certain monster or making it one sided.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Crocartes wrote:Not to make this an echo chamber, but I'm gonna have to say the Gabara vs Monster X match.

What do you expect? It was written by a guy who hates Monster X with a passion.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Not only that, but can we all agree that Bagan Vs Manda is just as bad as Monster X Vs Gabara? Even though the banner is kinda cool.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Match 68. Bagan vs. Orochi vs. Utsuno Ikusagami

First off, for a triple threat fight (Advertised) Utsuno doesn't show up until half way through the battle when he makes a rather sudden appearance to things. Felt it was a bit cheap.

Second, Orochi is written to be an utter bitch in it. Cowering in fear of Bagan and only bothering to come out when Bagan was said to have lost most of his power; I already dislike Bagan's portrayal as the Kaiju to end all Kaiju but this really tipped past my point of patience. Might as well have literally cut off his snake balls.