Who you think shoulda won in certain K.W.C.s

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Re: Who you think shoulda won in certain K.W.C.s

Post by GigaBowserG »

godjacob wrote:Eh, I still would rank Burning & Super Godzilla on the same tier, but this isn't the place to debate that. Or maybe it is, I am new here.

Either way I just don't like the way Bagan is written in KWC. Makes him unfun and only creates any intrigue in his matches if he is handicaped or taking on an army.
Ironically, I think it's in a majority of matches where Bagan comes off as this extraordinary super-beast is where he loses :lol: But you're right, this is getting terribly off-topic. If you wanted to debate it, I think it'd be more proper either in the KWC General or in PMs.

OT, The only match that really comes to mind is Godzilla vs. Hedorah, if only because I feel the nuclear pulse could've still come into play. But I don't dislike the match at all, definitely not like some who are vehemently against it due to the outcome.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Well to get back to matches I had issues with who won, I don't believe Grand King Ghidorah should have beaten Monster X, Orga, Gigan, Megalon and Cyber Godzilla in Match 128. I say this with Grand Ghidorah being my now second favorite incarnation of my favorite Kaiju. I just am not the biggest fan of one monster dominating so many monsters at once. Especially since from what I've seen Monster X gets downplayed hard in KWC. Seems a bit much to believe for me personally it could have beaten them all like that.
Last edited by godjacob on Tue May 19, 2020 12:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

godjacob wrote:Well to get back to matches I had issues with who won, I don't believe Grand King Ghidorah should have beaten Monster X, Orga, Gigan, Megalon and Cyber Godzilla in Match 128. I say this with Grand Ghidorah being my favorite incarnation of my favorite Kaiju. I just am not the biggest fan of one monster dominating so many monsters at once. Especially since from what I've seen Monster X gets downplayed hard in KWC. Seems a bit much to believe for me personally it could have beaten them all like that.
It's perfectly fine to keep things a little bit on the objective end. :) Though a match can be written with a bias in mind. Best to view any matches written by Joshua Reynolds to have Monster X lose horribly, with one exception (Match 175).
Last edited by KaijuX on Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

KaijuX wrote:
godjacob wrote:Well to get back to matches I had issues with who won, I don't believe Grand King Ghidorah should have beaten Monster X, Orga, Gigan, Megalon and Cyber Godzilla in Match 128. I say this with Grand Ghidorah being my favorite incarnation of my favorite Kaiju. I just am not the biggest fan of one monster dominating so many monsters at once. Especially since from what I've seen Monster X gets downplayed hard in KWC. Seems a bit much to believe for me personally it could have beaten them all like that.
It's perfectly fine to keep things a little bit on the objective end. :) Though a match can be written with a bias in mind. Best to view any matches written by Joshua Reynolds to have Monster X lose horribly, with one exception (Match 175).
I can see that. Honestly if I was more confident in myself I'd probably write a match where full-power Bagan gets beat horribly as well. So I can't say I would totally refrain from bias, though I'd try to if again I had the writing talent of others here.

Still, sucks that Monster X gets the real short end of the stick here. With one specific match as an exception.
Last edited by godjacob on Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

godjacob wrote:I can see that. Honestly if I was more confident in myself I'd probably write a match where full-power Bagan gets beat horribly as well. So I can't say I would totally refrain from bias, though I'd try to if again I had the writing talent of others here.

Still, sucks that Monster X gets the real short end of the stick here. With one specific match as an exception.
If you ever see a match with Monster X in it and the author is Joshua Reynolds. Do expect him to lose. :lol:

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

And to cap off the only other major complaint I have with winners. Godzillasaurus should not have beaten Zilla.

I mean, come on. Doesn't this guy already get enough kicks between the legs by the fandom? This just felt like really showing everyone how useless and how much Zilla sucks to me.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

godjacob wrote:And to cap off the only other major complaint I have with winners. Godzillasaurus should not have beaten Zilla.

I mean, come on. Doesn't this guy already get enough kicks between the legs by the fandom? This just felt like really showing everyone how useless and how much Zilla sucks to me.
In my defense, this was a young, inexperienced Zilla. I have written other matches where zilla won, but I felt Godzillasaurus could use another win before his retirement.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:
godjacob wrote:And to cap off the only other major complaint I have with winners. Godzillasaurus should not have beaten Zilla.

In my defense, this was a young, inexperienced Zilla. I have written other matches where zilla won, but I felt Godzillasaurus could use another win before his retirement.
Fair enough I suppose, guess I assumed that given how the fandom hates Zilla so much typically I just assumed it was a spite match.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

godjacob wrote:
SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:

Fair enough I suppose, guess I assumed that given how the fandom hates Zilla so much typically I just assumed it was a spite match.
Nah, Zilla is actually one of my favorite kaiju (mostly because of nostalgia). He just hadn't had a loss in a while and godzillasaurus could use one.

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

Zilla has plenty of wins under his belt and hasn't had a loss since match 100. One loss after having a big win streak isn't that bad considering there are monsters who get it worse.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

GodzillavsZilla wrote:

Zilla has plenty of wins under his belt and hasn't had a loss since match 100. One loss after having a big win streak isn't that bad considering there are monsters who get it worse.
Like Gigan, Baragon, Megalon, Monster X, Mothra, Megaguirus, etc.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

soulgodzilla wrote:
GodzillavsZilla wrote:

Does Monster X also have a losing streak XD, has he won any matches outside of the one with Kaizer Ghidorah appeared?
Last edited by godjacob on Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

godjacob wrote:
soulgodzilla wrote:
GodzillavsZilla wrote: Zilla has plenty of wins under his belt and hasn't had a loss since match 100. One loss after having a big win streak isn't that bad considering there are monsters who get it worse.
Does Monster X also have a losing streak XD, has he won any matches outside of the one with Kaizer Ghidorah appeared?
The recent match 220 and he did won that match with Krystalak and Obsidius, so at least he is getting a few wins.

But I’m wishing to see Monster X have a break in terms of getting the most matches and see more matches of either King Ghidorah (Heisei) or Grand King Ghidorah.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

godjacob wrote:
soulgodzilla wrote:
GodzillavsZilla wrote: Zilla has plenty of wins under his belt and hasn't had a loss since match 100. One loss after having a big win streak isn't that bad considering there are monsters who get it worse.
Besides that one, he won in matches 103, 187, and 220. His win/loss ratio is almost the reverse of Zilla's.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

soulgodzilla wrote:
godjacob wrote:
soulgodzilla wrote: Like Gigan, Baragon, Megalon, Monster X, Mothra, Megaguirus, etc.
The recent match 220 and he did won that match with Krystalak and Obsidius, so at least he is getting a few wins.

But I’m wishing to see Monster X have a break in terms of getting the most matches and see more matches of either King Ghidorah (Heisei) or Grand King Ghidorah.
I agree, the Ghidorahs need more love here!

....pay no attention to my avatar.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

godjacob wrote:
soulgodzilla wrote:
godjacob wrote:

I agree, the Ghidorahs need more love here!

Most definitely.

And speaking of those Ghidorahs that usually get overshadowed by Monster X...

Would have liked it if Gamera would either lost or tied with Desghidorah.

And I also wished King Ghidorah would have won in either Match 52 or Match 60.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Uhhh...Zilla has rather plenty of wins under his belt...If anyone had been getting enough kicks between the legs by the fandom it'd be Monster X and most recently King Kong which I'm rather disturbed by considering he started the giant monster genre as a whole and an famous cinematic icon for that matter for said reason.
godjacob wrote:I agree, the Ghidorahs need more love here!

Agreed. I felt Grand King Ghidorah should've beaten Legion in #101. She's powerful yes but not as overhyped as the K.W.C. tends to treat her especially with her so called "Whips of Death" which are treated like being an one-hit instant kill.
soulgodzilla wrote:Would have liked it if Gamera would either lost or tied with Desghidorah.
I'd pick tie. I love Gamera so much I want him to gain as much wins as possible. At the same time though I was actually glad he had won for the reason stated.

Overall though yes Desghidorah could use more wins really. Lot of people especially don't realize how powerful he is as shown in this manga backstory that it took an army of Mothra's and Mothra Larvaes to seal him away and even then Mothra as seen in RoM was the only one to had survive indicating just how powerful he is. It's not too out of the question an Desghidorah back in that time could've given Grand King Ghidorah a run for his money.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:

Uhhh...Zilla has rather plenty of wins under his belt...If anyone had been getting enough kicks between the legs by the fandom it'd be Monster X and most recently King Kong which I'm rather disturbed by considering he started the giant monster genre as a whole.
Yeah. Monster X is getting kicked around way too much and I think King Kong has been as well (say what you guys will about me being a "fanboy", but King Kong should not have lost against Kamacuras, Baragon, and the most recent battle between Godzillasaurus and Varan). Monster X is a whole other story, I mean come on him losing to Gorosaurus??!?! I could buy him taking an L against Ultraman, but monsters like fucking Gorosaurus, Gabara, Zilla, Anguirus and Baragon??? No way.
Last edited by KingKong2005 on Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

KingKong2005 wrote:Yeah. Monster X is getting kicked around way too much and I think King Kong has been as well (say what you guys will about me being a "fanboy", but King Kong should not have lost against Kamacuras, Baragon, and the most recent battle between Godzillasaurus and Varan). Monster X is a whole other story, I mean come on him losing to Gorosaurus??!?! I could buy him taking an L against Ultraman, but monsters like skreeonking Gorosaurus, Gabara, Zilla, Anguirus and Baragon??? No way.
In the case of Monster X losing to Gorosaurus and Gabara though. You got to keep in mind they were written by ours truly MM who hates him. Typically speaking the first one was bias there since Gorosaurus is MM's favorite monster. Most of Monster X's losses pretty much stems from matches written by MM.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:

Uhhh...Zilla has rather plenty of wins under his belt...If anyone had been getting enough kicks between the legs by the fandom it'd be Monster X and most recently King Kong which I'm rather disturbed by considering he started the giant monster genre as a whole and an famous cinematic icon for that matter for said reason.
godjacob wrote:I agree, the Ghidorahs need more love here!

Agreed. I felt Grand King Ghidorah should've beaten Legion in #101. She's powerful yes but not as overhyped as the K.W.C. tends to treat her especially with her so called "Whips of Death" which are treated like being an one-hit instant kill.
soulgodzilla wrote:Would have liked it if Gamera would either lost or tied with Desghidorah.
I'd pick tie. I love Gamera so much I want him to gain as much wins as possible. At the same time though I was actually glad he had won for the reason stated.

Overall though yes Desghidorah could use more wins really. Lot of people especially don't realize how powerful he is as shown in this manga backstory that it took an army of Mothra's and Mothra Larvaes to seal him away and even then Mothra as seen in RoM was the only one to had survive indicating just how powerful he is. It's not too out of the question an Desghidorah back in that time could've given Grand King Ghidorah a run for his money.
Yeah, have the match end with Desghidorah’s heads biting Gamera’s neck and slitting his jugular before he obliterates Desghidorah with the Mana Blast. That would have worked out well, and make the ending very unexpected.

Also I wouldn’t mind Titanosaurus and Gorosaurus beating Desghidorah if there were a few more dinosaur monsters like Baragon, Godzillasaurus, etc.

I completely forgotten about Match 101, yeah, I feel that Grand King Ghidorah would have been able to wreck Legion, and I’ll agree with you on the “whips of death” thing. And I also would have liked it if Orochi managed to defeat Legion and Gamera.
Last edited by soulgodzilla on Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....