Who you think shoulda won in certain K.W.C.s

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
godjacob
Futurian

Re: Who you think shoulda won in certain K.W.C.s

Post by godjacob »

soulgodzilla wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
godjacob wrote:And to cap off the only other major complaint I have with winners. Godzillasaurus should not have beaten Zilla.

I mean, come on. Doesn't this guy already get enough kicks between the legs by the fandom? This just felt like really showing everyone how useless and how much Zilla sucks to me.
Uhhh...Zilla has rather plenty of wins under his belt...If anyone had been getting enough kicks between the legs by the fandom it'd be Monster X and most recently King Kong which I'm rather disturbed by considering he started the giant monster genre as a whole and an famous cinematic icon for that matter for said reason.
godjacob wrote:I agree, the Ghidorahs need more love here!

....pay no attention to my avatar.
Agreed. I felt Grand King Ghidorah should've beaten Legion in #101. She's powerful yes but not as overhyped as the K.W.C. tends to treat her especially with her so called "Whips of Death" which are treated like being an one-hit instant kill.
soulgodzilla wrote:Would have liked it if Gamera would either lost or tied with Desghidorah.
I'd pick tie. I love Gamera so much I want him to gain as much wins as possible. At the same time though I was actually glad he had won for the reason stated.

Overall though yes Desghidorah could use more wins really. Lot of people especially don't realize how powerful he is as shown in this manga backstory that it took an army of Mothra's and Mothra Larvaes to seal him away and even then Mothra as seen in RoM was the only one to had survive indicating just how powerful he is. It's not too out of the question an Desghidorah back in that time could've given Grand King Ghidorah a run for his money.
Yeah, have the match end with Desghidorah’s heads biting Gamera’s neck and slitting his jugular before he obliterates Desghidorah with the Mana Blast. That would have worked out well, and make the ending very unexpected.

Also I wouldn’t mind Titanosaurus and Gorosaurus beating Desghidorah if there were a few more dinosaur monsters like Baragon, Godzillasaurus, etc.

I completely forgotten about Match 101, yeah, I feel that Grand King Ghidorah would have been able to wreck Legion, and I’ll agree with you on the “whips of death” thing. And I also would have liked it if Orochi managed to defeat Legion and Gamera.
I AGREE SO HARD WITH THESE! The tie would have been a better ending for Gamera vs. Desghidorah and Grand King Ghidorah should have beaten Legion. The Ghidorahs in general deserve more respect in KWC in general.

Added in 21 hours 24 minutes 26 seconds:
Just went ahead to check over Desghidorah's win loss record, man does KWC hate him for some reason. His only win was teaming with Dagahra against Hedorah and his only other non-loss was a tie with Mechagodzilla (Heisei). He's had 7 other losses to his record including an active 5 match losing streak.

Throw the guy a bone for crying out loud.
Last edited by godjacob on Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

godjacob wrote:Just went ahead to check over Desghidorah's win loss record, man does KWC hate him for some reason. His only win was teaming with Dagahra against Hedorah and his only other non-loss was a tie with Mechagodzilla (Heisei). He's had 7 other losses to his record including an active 5 match losing streak.

Don't worry I got him covered with two wins on matches I wrote which I sent. On the waiting list as we speak. ;)
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
godjacob wrote:Just went ahead to check over Desghidorah's win loss record, man does KWC hate him for some reason. His only win was teaming with Dagahra against Hedorah and his only other non-loss was a tie with Mechagodzilla (Heisei). He's had 7 other losses to his record including an active 5 match losing streak.

Don't worry I got him covered with two wins on matches I wrote which I sent. On the waiting list as we speak. ;)
Nice, I can't wait to see it myself :D

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Spoilers much?
Why would we want to read your match when you spoil the winner months before its release?
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:Spoilers much?
Why would we want to read your match when you spoil the winner months before its release?
Oh....sorry, didn't mean for my complaint about Desghidorah's win/loss record to cause a spoiler. Again sorry.... :oops:

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:Spoilers much?
Apologies although to be fair you don't know which ones those might be when they're added. :lol: :P

Unless you know my actual name that is by the author...
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

I’m glad that i’m not the only one who thinks that the Ghidorahs need more victory matches and are getting kinda sick of Monster X always getting the most matches.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

Genjira Overwatch
Samurai

Post by Genjira Overwatch »

I think that Monster X should've survived into Bagan vs Everyone: Fallout.
Am I still on? Er, well, we now return you to... Whatever it was you were doing....
Idiots.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

KingKong2005 wrote:Hey everyone, new to this thread and love the KWC. I'm a huge King Kong fan and I thought the matches he's lost were total bs made by Kong haters. Well the ones where he is fighting low tier monsters. I was amazed that he won in the one with Ultraman, Godzilla, and Gamera, but he died so he didn't really win... But the matches I think Kong should have won were the following;
-#192, King Kong vs Kamacuras
-#169, King Kong vs Baragon
-#67, King Kong vs Kumonga
-#63, King Kong vs Ebirah. This one was just absolute total bs, I mean how on earth could he lose to Ebirah???

Yeah I think Kong should have won all of those matches, clearly the people who wrote them ignored logic. I think he should have won those.
I think 04 Kamacuras would kill Kong easy tbh. That thing took several missles to its back & its speed combined with its mantis claws would shred slow Showa Kong. Prolly a more difficult match for him than 62 Goji

Saltmons
Samurai

Post by Saltmons »

Match 218. Only the guy who DIDN'T need more wins survived.
If I wrote it, I would have him die and the other two win :twisted:
Last edited by Saltmons on Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a toku fan first and a kaiju fan second.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Agreed.

Added in 3 days 13 hours 14 minutes 23 seconds:
Match 233.

I find Mechagodzilla (Heisei) to be one of the most boring Kaiju to ever exist with the worst fighting style among major Godzilla kaiju. So seeing a far more interesting variant of Mechagodizlla (Kiryu) lose to it rubs me the wrong way.
Last edited by godjacob on Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

godjacob wrote:Agreed.

Match 233.

I find Mechagodzilla (Heisei) to be one of the most boring Kaiju to ever exist with the worst fighting style among major Godzilla kaiju. So seeing a far more interesting variant of Mechagodizlla (Kiryu) lose to it rubs me the wrong way.
I actually agreed with the ending, I mean MGII is no joke. He's a tank, being able to literally tank Hesei Godzilla's beams only to kill said Godzilla. I think in a close quarters battle it would be a really close fight, but MGII would barely come out on top.
Image Image

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

KingKong2005 wrote:
godjacob wrote:Agreed.

Match 233.

I actually agreed with the ending, I mean MGII is no joke. He's a tank, being able to literally tank Hesei Godzilla's beams only to kill said Godzilla. I think in a close quarters battle it would be a really close fight, but MGII would barely come out on top.
Eh, Heisei Mechagodzilla is barley mobile and its armor was specifically designed to counter Heisei Godzilla. Not like it would be as effective against everyone. I think Kiryu's speed & mobility advantage is understated in this matchup. Plus the slow tank would be an ideal target for absolute zero.

But again, my point wasn't that it was illogical for Heisei Mechagodzilla to win. It is a tank and Kiryu at times can be a bit...fragile. I just don't like what I feel is a far more interesting Kaiju lose to a bland beam spammer.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

^ To be fair, Heisei MG's wins are infrequent; I'm open arms to Heisei MG getting more wins. Kiryu right now isn't that bad, as his win/loss ratio is tied, so an extra loss or two won't be too bad for now.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

KaijuX wrote:^ To be fair, Heisei MG's wins are infrequent; I'm open arms to Heisei MG getting more wins. Kiryu right now isn't that bad, as his win/loss ratio is tied, so an extra loss or two won't be too bad for now.
If only we can give Monster X a huge break of recieving matches and give the Ghidorahs more victories... -_-
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

In my opinion, it's kind of weird to me that Gorosarus and Gabara, lower tier kaiju (unless I'm incorrect somehow) both have a win against a top tier threat in the form Monster X (both on their own at that). From what I saw of it in Final Wars, it should've won both of those matches. Plus it would've helped its rather terrible record.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

HillyHulk wrote:In my opinion, it's kind of weird to me that Gorosarus and Gabara, lower tier kaiju (unless I'm incorrect somehow) both have a win against a top tier threat in the form Monster X (both on their own at that). From what I saw of it in Final Wars, it should've won both of those matches. Plus it would've helped its rather terrible record.
These matches are written by someone who hates Monster X.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

HillyHulk wrote:In my opinion, it's kind of weird to me that Gorosarus and Gabara, lower tier kaiju (unless I'm incorrect somehow) both have a win against a top tier threat in the form Monster X (both on their own at that). From what I saw of it in Final Wars, it should've won both of those matches. Plus it would've helped its rather terrible record.
Gorosaurus could so beat Monster X, dude broke Ghidorah’s back in DAM.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:
While that is true, the only reason it got that close was that all the monsters of Monsterland were attacking him all at once. On their own, it would range from close fights (Godzilla) to most likely losing (Kumonga). With Monster X's physical capabilities to its Kiezer Ghidorah form (cheap reason, I know, but the point still stands) and its capabilities, Monster X would definitely beat it.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

HillyHulk wrote:
PitchBlackProgress wrote:
While that is true, the only reason it got that close was that all the monsters of Monsterland were attacking him all at once. On their own, it would range from close fights (Godzilla) to most likely losing (Kumonga). With Monster X's physical capabilities to its Kiezer Ghidorah form (cheap reason, I know, but the point still stands) and its capabilities, Monster X would definitely beat it.
Again, biases are okay in KWCs. And keep two things in mind when talking about any matches from 141 on back:

1) Greyshot and I didn't take over until Match 142.
2) Keizer Ghidorah hadn't been authorized at the time, he was restricted. It's why you'll see a lot of matches where he doesn't go Keizer. That wasn't enabled until 175.

And again, we don't have a problem with biased matches; we just ask them to be fun or funny if that's the way you want to take it. :P
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells