K.W.C. - Writer Assistance Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Re: K.W.C. - Writer Assistance Thread

Post by MoarCrossovers »

You know what? I wasn't going to, but I'll take a look at what you've written so far.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

So will it be okay to have Yog mutate other animals into Kaijus instead of Gezora? Like a spider would mutate into Kumonga?
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

soulgodzilla wrote:So will it be okay to have Yog mutate other animals into Kaijus instead of Gezora? Like a spider would mutate into Kumonga?
This was a question I was wondering myself for reasons
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

soulgodzilla wrote:So will it be okay to have Yog mutate other animals into Kaijus instead of Gezora? Like a spider would mutate into Kumonga?
While it is an interesting thought, the more I think about it (was talking to Lain about it yesterday), it would probably deviate a bit far from the intended character. Don't get me wrong, a Yog-Spider turning into Kumonga is a cool way to utilize Yog. Though of course, most monsters like Kumonga tend to have the "they just exist" origin, so maybe there could be some leeway with it. I'll leave it to Greyshot's discretion, but for myself? I feel a pinch reluctant. It's cool, don't get me wrong, but I'd feel more comfortable with Yog possessing Kumonga as opposed to Yog taking a spider and turning into Kumonga.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

I assume it's a similar answer when asking if Garoga Spiders can mutate animals into kaiju?
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Birdman wrote:I assume it's a similar answer when asking if Garoga Spiders can mutate animals into kaiju?
If you mean "turn into kaiju" like how the Garoga Gorilla mutated, that's fine. Something like Garoga Spider infects a shark and becomes a kaiju-sized Garoga Shark is fine. I'd just rather not see the Garoga Spider bite something have it turn INTO an existing kaiju, if that makes sense.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

KaijuX wrote:
Birdman wrote:I assume it's a similar answer when asking if Garoga Spiders can mutate animals into kaiju?
If you mean "turn into kaiju" like how the Garoga Gorilla mutated, that's fine. Something like Garoga Spider infects a shark and becomes a kaiju-sized Garoga Shark is fine. I'd just rather not see the Garoga Spider bite something have it turn INTO an existing kaiju, if that makes sense.
Could the same be done with Yog?

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:
KaijuX wrote:
Could the same be done with Yog?
I'd suppose so. Again, same rules would apply as the Garoga Spider--only to the exception of Gezora, Ganimes, and Kamoebas for obvious reasons. Even so, keep in mind that everything Yog touches doesn't mean it'll become a mega-sized creature.

Pair of kings.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Although it wouldn't make sense for a spider turning into Kumonga, a Gimantis turning into Kamacuras, or Godzillasaurus turning into Godzilla by Yog sounds plausible

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Alright, can I at least have Kumonga have the role as a primitive cousin? Like its another one of Kumonga's kind but lived in a prehistoric time?
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

soulgodzilla wrote:Alright, can I at least have Kumonga have the role as a primitive cousin? Like its another one of Kumonga's kind but lived in a prehistoric time?
I'm sure there are species of giant spiders, you'll just have to do a bit of research. ;) Or at least prehistoric arthropods.

Pair of kings.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Sadly, there are not. The largest prehistoric spider was Mongolarachne jurassica, which was roughly the size of today's golden orb spiders.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Birdman wrote:Sadly, there are not. The largest prehistoric spider was Mongolarachne jurassica, which was roughly the size of today's golden orb spiders.
I see. Thank you for the information. Looks like, uh, someone had to do their research. XDDD #Rekt

Pair of kings.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Yet, it's kaiju world, where dinosaurs as tall as buildings are a common occurrence, and the extinction of the dinosaurs was caused by a three headed demon-dragon. A kaiju sized spider in the prehistoric era would probably be fine.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

KaijuX wrote:
soulgodzilla wrote:Alright, can I at least have Kumonga have the role as a primitive cousin? Like its another one of Kumonga's kind but lived in a prehistoric time?
I'm sure there are species of giant spiders, you'll just have to do a bit of research. ;) Or at least prehistoric arthropods.
There are giant spiders that lived way before the dinosaurs roamed the earth, theyre usually about the size of your head.

But I'm wondering if there were anicnet Praying Mantis during that time.

Added in 1 minute 16 seconds:
Birdman wrote:Sadly, there are not. The largest prehistoric spider was Mongolarachne jurassica, which was roughly the size of today's golden orb spiders.
But what era was that spider from again?
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

The clue's in the name. And those spiders the size of human heads do not exist.

Added in 5 minutes 45 seconds:
There were bird-sized, mantis-like insects during the Triassic, the insect order Titanoptera, but there were more closely related to grasshoppers.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Birdman wrote:The clue's in the name. And those spiders the size of human heads do not exist.

Added in 5 minutes 45 seconds:
There were bird-sized, mantis-like insects during the Triassic, the insect order Titanoptera, but there were more closely related to grasshoppers.
Oh no, I'm not having the match take place in the Triassic period. :twisted:

Instead, I'm going further in the past, in the Pennsylvanian era. 323.2 million years ago to 298.9 million years ago
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

i can't tell you about creatures that don't exist. Just slap some Giant Praying Mantises in whatever time period you're using.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

I mean yeah really, just throw a Gimantis or 50's Meganulon into it, who cares about F A C T S
Its a e s t h e t i c

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Well, I do like to be historically accurate of what creatures existed, but... I guess you will all be interested if I included Kamacuras in my match that I've been working on. Godzilla (Legendary) Vs. Kumonga Vs. Megaguirus.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....