K.W.C. - Writer Assistance Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Re: K.W.C. - Writer Assistance Thread

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Would Megalon's horn lightning and Orochi's eye lightning count as electrical attacks?
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Birdman wrote:Would Megalon's horn lightning and Orochi's eye lightning count as electrical attacks?
Well, is lightning electricity? That should answer your question
Resized Image

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Birdman wrote:Would Megalon's horn lightning and Orochi's eye lightning count as electrical attacks?
I feel pretty certain that Megalon's horn is electricity. Orochi is a touch iffy, but I'd probably be safe to assume that Orochi's lightning is electric.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

The curse of double posting has struck again.

Anyway just wanted to know since the guy who wrote Megalon vs. Ultraman clearly had Megalon's lightning beam affect Ultraman.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

I have no idea why that is... Maybe my mouse's left clicker is just dying. Probably the case, because it sometimes auto double clicks when I only press it once. It's a pain in the arse.

While Ultraman is highly resistant to electricity, that kind of detail is just a matter of how resistant the writer wants Ultraman to be to those kinds of attacks. Last I recall, most of the electric damage dealt to him weren't all too strong; or at least not as strong as Megalon's. Granted, this is all by memory, so it's hard for me to definitively say.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

DinoMaster
G-Force Personnel

Post by DinoMaster »

Would we have to start from scratch with Mechani-Kong? He's been in one story, and that one is a bit controversial in origins and all. Could we even work off of that one?

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

DinoMaster wrote:Would we have to start from scratch with Mechani-Kong? He's been in one story, and that one is a bit controversial in origins and all. Could we even work off of that one?
Tell that to Godzillasaurus, Gezora (from couple of years ago) and Tom. ;)

Just because one match has a story that bends the rules to the point of snapping, doesn't mean he should be cut/start from scratch. I have no doubt in my mind that there is something that can be worked from Mechani-Kong and without the usage of Prometheus. ;) Me personally, I hope to tackle more of the underused kaiju to get their scores up a touch. Exactly how, well, leave that up to the imagination.

Pair of kings.

DinoMaster
G-Force Personnel

Post by DinoMaster »

KaijuX wrote:
DinoMaster wrote:Would we have to start from scratch with Mechani-Kong? He's been in one story, and that one is a bit controversial in origins and all. Could we even work off of that one?
Tell that to Godzillasaurus, Gezora (from couple of years ago) and Tom. ;)

Just because one match has a story that bends the rules to the point of snapping, doesn't mean he should be cut/start from scratch. I have no doubt in my mind that there is something that can be worked from Mechani-Kong and without the usage of Prometheus. ;) Me personally, I hope to tackle more of the underused kaiju to get their scores up a touch. Exactly how, well, leave that up to the imagination.
Thanks! I was just curious if we could build more to that one, which isn't a go. There'll be a story using Mechani-Kong soon from me, as I like him too much not to leave him with just one story. It just depended on what angle I took.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

If a co-op match is being written, and one of the writers gets done with their end of the bargain (say they've been writing for a couple of weeks after calling dibs), would it be all right for that writer to claim dibs on another match? Or will it have to be fully completed, sent and all that jazz before either writer can claim dibs on another match?

Pair of kings.

DinoMaster
G-Force Personnel

Post by DinoMaster »

So, I have a bit of a question, and it's opinionated. I'm looking for a good air based kaiju that could be considered a guardian that's not Mothra or Mothra Leo. I've been conflicted on what to use, and would like some opinion. Here's what I've come up with. Looking for yays, nays, and other suggestions.

- Rodan: A good aerial based monster, occasional defender of earth, and hasn't been used in awhile.
- Battra: Concerned with the Earth, protector of it but not necessarily a beneficial ally
- Bemular: Not used really, and would be an interesting change for the monster.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

DinoMaster wrote:So, I have a bit of a question, and it's opinionated. I'm looking for a good air based kaiju that could be considered a guardian that's not Mothra or Mothra Leo. I've been conflicted on what to use, and would like some opinion. Here's what I've come up with. Looking for yays, nays, and other suggestions.

- Rodan: A good aerial based monster, occasional defender of earth, and hasn't been used in awhile.
- Battra: Concerned with the Earth, protector of it but not necessarily a beneficial ally
Gamera, dude. ;) Though I'm not entirely sure how Bemular would work. As an Earth Guardian, that's out of the question because he's an alien monster. However, Bemular could work as a guard-dog for the aliens, so I guess "guardian" could count in that sense.

Pair of kings.

DinoMaster
G-Force Personnel

Post by DinoMaster »

KaijuX wrote:
DinoMaster wrote:So, I have a bit of a question, and it's opinionated. I'm looking for a good air based kaiju that could be considered a guardian that's not Mothra or Mothra Leo. I've been conflicted on what to use, and would like some opinion. Here's what I've come up with. Looking for yays, nays, and other suggestions.

Gamera, dude. ;) Though I'm not entirely sure how Bemular would work. As an Earth Guardian, that's out of the question because he's an alien monster. However, Bemular could work as a guard-dog for the aliens, so I guess "guardian" could count in that sense.
I would, but I just wrote a Gamera vs Orochi for my first K.W.C. I needed a new one, and thought those would work. It's Battra for now.

And thanks for the information on Bemular. Don't know much on him, and thought he may work. As he's an alien, he wouldn't work.

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

Well I have two in mind since Gamera is out of the question.

-Varan: Not very tough but a well gliding reptile created on Planet Earth.

Get ready for this one....

-Dagahra: A dragon created by an ancient civilization to help rid of massive amounts of pollution. Well, what if he kept that role AND never went rogue?! Maybe he might find an invading force a disorder to the Earth and something that needs to be rid of? I've never thought of that before but it's just an idea.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Through the power of creative licensing you could make Varan strong if you needed him to be
Resized Image

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Could I use the Science Patrol, Smokey and the rest of the Zone Family in a KWC match?

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Birdman wrote:Could I use the Science Patrol, Smokey and the rest of the Zone Family in a KWC match?
Well, we can use HEAT, so I can't see why not! ;)

Pair of kings.

Kaltes-Herzeleid
JXSDF Technician

Post by Kaltes-Herzeleid »

Might be a bit of a stupid question, but in regards of spelling his name, which is generally preferred or considered correct for KWC?

-Spacegodzilla

-SpaceGodzilla
Resized Image

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote:Might be a bit of a stupid question, but in regards of spelling his name, which is generally preferred or considered correct for KWC?

-Spacegodzilla

-SpaceGodzilla
Usually, the main site has everything nailed. So to answer your question, it's SpaceGodzilla, with a capital G (unlike Mechagodzilla with a lower-case G).

Pair of kings.

DinoMaster
G-Force Personnel

Post by DinoMaster »

Can Zone Fighter go into space? I'm wondering for a story if he could be in more empty space rather than a planet.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

DinoMaster wrote:Can Zone Fighter go into space? I'm wondering for a story if he could be in more empty space rather than a planet.
Yes he can. He fought Ghidorah on an asteroid once.