K.W.C. - Writer Assistance Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Re: K.W.C. - Writer Assistance Thread

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Greyshot151 wrote:You could go with them teaming up instead of taming. Hell, you could have Desghidorah rip open the earth, KUmasogami breaks out of hell and is like, "Thanks for releasing me. I'll fight with you three headed fire space dragon." :lol:
Eh, I guess that works... :lol:

In that case then.
Spoiler:
Was gonna have Utsuno taming Balkzardan in the end becoming his animal companion but instead he manages to "tame" him but lets him go and the two becomes allies coming to each others aid whenever they need it.
Is that fine?
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Has Zone Fighter displayed any particular resistance to electricity like Ultraman has?
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:Has Zone Fighter displayed any particular resistance to electricity like Ultraman has?
Never.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Birdman wrote:
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:Has Zone Fighter displayed any particular resistance to electricity like Ultraman has?
Never.
Ok, thanks.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

AbsoluteHerasy
Yojimbo

Post by AbsoluteHerasy »

Hello all, just made an account in order to post here. So I'm planning out a couple KWC matches (maybe in a series with an overarching plot, maybe not) and I wanted to pose a couple questions:

Is it unreasonable to say that Iris could be reformed into an anti-hero of sorts because of his connection with a reformed Ayana?

Because of Rulers of Earth, if Mecha-King Ghidorah was EMP'd (hint hint, M.U.T.O.), disconnecting him from the control of Emmy and his mechanical parts, would it be believable for his King Ghidorah mind to take over again and go awol?

Because none of the Garoga are given names, would it be too much to say that Garoga culture doesn't have names? (I'm thinking of exploring a couple ideas with Fake Sachio/Spyler)

Since Megaguirus' ability is described as "energy draining", could she absorb the energy from mecha like in Unleashed?

And on the note of Megaguirus, how much disturbance would her supersonic flight cause to a mecha?

Would Fake Godzilla's roar trigger a rage from Kiryu?

How would you describe the energy absorbed from the pale green crystals from Unleashed?

And if Mothra's been around for generations and generations, would it be unreasonable to say that Orochi would have seen/interacted with a Mothra at one point?

I'm sorry for the large block of questions. ((Side note: How would people feel about Biollante liking Anguirus because of her Godzilla-ness remembering him as a friend?))
Spoiler:
Fun quotes from some d&d insanity:
"Wait, does taking loads of drugs and meditating for an hour count as scientific evidence?"
"There's chicken pot pie everywhere."
"Sorry, I meant to fluff your pillow- with my fist."
“I don’t think you know how funerals work.”

Saltmons
Samurai

Post by Saltmons »

AbsoluteHerasy wrote:Side note: How would people feel about Biollante liking Anguirus because of her Godzilla-ness remembering him as a friend?
If you mean what I think you mean, hecking no
I'm a toku fan first and a kaiju fan second.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Ooooooh, these are really interesting questions! :D Be more than enthused to answer!
AbsoluteHerasy wrote:Is it unreasonable to say that Iris could be reformed into an anti-hero of sorts because of his connection with a reformed Ayana?
I'd say go for it. As Iris and Ayana are tied, making Iris and anti-hero by way of Ayana is certainly a creative approach to the character. :)
Because of Rulers of Earth, if Mecha-King Ghidorah was EMP'd (hint hint, M.U.T.O.), disconnecting him from the control of Emmy and his mechanical parts, would it be believable for his King Ghidorah mind to take over again and go awol?
I think so. Though I thought we had a match where that aspect was explored? If not, you could be first. ;)
Because none of the Garoga are given names, would it be too much to say that Garoga culture doesn't have names? (I'm thinking of exploring a couple ideas with Fake Sachio/Spyler)
Sure thing!
Since Megaguirus' ability is described as "energy draining", could she absorb the energy from mecha like in Unleashed?
For the case of Mechas, as they probably have an energy source to run off of (like a nuclear reactor), I think it'd work.
And on the note of Megaguirus, how much disturbance would her supersonic flight cause to a mecha?
Depends. How badly a mecha gets busted by Megaguirus' supersonic flight is up to you. I can say for sure that Moguera would be able to withstand it due to the MECM Jamming System, so he'd be the one mecha capable of fighting the MUTOs, Megaguirus, or any other EMP wielder.
Would Fake Godzilla's roar trigger a rage from Kiryu?
I don't see a problem with this idea. I think as long as the basic criteria of "Godzilla species roaring" is met, then I think Kiryu could go berserk, even with Fake Godzilla. A cool idea, for sure!
How would you describe the energy absorbed from the pale green crystals from Unleashed?
I don't really imagine it being any different from a monster gaining energy and maybe getting a buff from it. I see it being like a pick-me-up; nothing too crazy to where it would turn the tide of the battle (UNLESS they destroy/absorb enough of the green crystals to go Critical Mass), but just enough to get the monster back into fighting if they were beaten up badly. That would be my suggestion. :)
And if Mothra's been around for generations and generations, would it be unreasonable to say that Orochi would have seen/interacted with a Mothra at one point?
Absolutely! I don't think it would be out of the realm of possibility to be the case. In that sense, it wouldn't be out of this world for Legendary Godzilla to have made contact with the likes of Orochi or Ikusagami or Gamera in the past given how old he is. ;)
I'm sorry for the large block of questions. ((Side note: How would people feel about Biollante liking Anguirus because of her Godzilla-ness remembering him as a friend?))
Oooooh... That could be a very interesting direction to take her in. I think it'd be an interesting interpretation of all the Godzilla-derived kaiju, for that matter. :D
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

How strong is the Leigon flower's explosion? Could other kaiju tank it? What's it made of? Nuclear? Plasma?

To what limit are we allowed to use the Millenian UFO in a match? Could it be a full on ally or used like the army in a match?

I have an idea for a match where one combatant fights another intercut with a different fight between the first combatant and another(this isn't what it is but for an example, Gigan vs Godzilla intercut with Gigan vs King Caesar) Could I write this match?

RIP Evan.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

The first one. It's stated that the explosion of Legion's flower wiped out the entire city of Sendai.

Not too sure about kaiju tanking it. I say it'd depends who it is like high tiers such as Bagan, Grand King Ghidorah, Mothra Leo (Armor Mothra), Utsuno Ikusagami, etc.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.

AbsoluteHerasy
Yojimbo

Post by AbsoluteHerasy »

KaijuX wrote:Advice up the wazoo
Thanks so much for the feedback!! And thanks for the reminder about Moguera being anti-EMP, that will help for the Mecha-King Ghidorah & Moguera (Heisei) vs M.U.T.O. match I'm planning.
Saltmons wrote:
AbsoluteHerasy wrote:Side note: How would people feel about Biollante liking Anguirus because of her Godzilla-ness remembering him as a friend?
If you mean what I think you mean, hecking no
NonononononononononononoNOTLIKETHATNO.
Just being very chill and friendly with him.
Last edited by AbsoluteHerasy on Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
"Wait, does taking loads of drugs and meditating for an hour count as scientific evidence?"

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:How strong is the Leigon flower's explosion? Could other kaiju tank it? What's it made of? Nuclear? Plasma?

To what limit are we allowed to use the Millenian UFO in a match? Could it be a full on ally or used like the army in a match?

I have an idea for a match where one combatant fights another intercut with a different fight between the first combatant and another(this isn't what it is but for an example, Gigan vs Godzilla intercut with Gigan vs King Caesar) Could I write this match?
The explosion is plenty strong, and it is a result from heat igniting the overabundance of oxygen produced in the air (thanks to the Flower). So safe to say it isn't nuclear or plasma. So it's technically a giant flammable gas ball with the explosive power of an atomic bomb. As far as what monsters can tank it, keep in mind that Gamera's body remained after being exposed to the core (however, I'm pretty confident that it killed him, only being revived by Asagi's amulet and Mana). Though from the roster, there could be a few that would have their bodies remain after the explosion, but even fewer would be able to live through it.

As long as the UFO itself doesn't outright kill a monster (unless it's a swarm, then that's the exception) / get the final blow, it's more than free to have a big of a role as the narrative needs it to be. Just as long as Orga is present, or at least present by the end of it. Read Match 211; that's probably a decent example of giving the UFO a large part, but still having Orga in it.

I think you can. It'd just have to be titled either (going off of your example) "Godzilla vs. GIgan vs. King Caesar" or "Gigan vs. Godzilla and King Caesar" or whatever.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

KaijuX wrote: The explosion is plenty strong, and it is a result from heat igniting the overabundance of oxygen produced in the air (thanks to the Flower). So safe to say it isn't nuclear or plasma. So it's technically a giant flammable gas ball with the explosive power of an atomic bomb. As far as what monsters can tank it, keep in mind that Gamera's body remained after being exposed to the core (however, I'm pretty confident that it killed him, only being revived by Asagi's amulet and Mana). Though from the roster, there could be a few that would have their bodies remain after the explosion, but even fewer would be able to live through it.
So, non-nuclear? Hmm, gonna have to do some research for my match then. Understand Gamera died, but that's ok as I also have a resurrection in mind. ;)
As long as the UFO itself doesn't outright kill a monster (unless it's a swarm, then that's the exception) / get the final blow, it's more than free to have a big of a role as the narrative needs it to be. Just as long as Orga is present, or at least present by the end of it. Read Match 211; that's probably a decent example of giving the UFO a large part, but still having Orga in it.
It is actually hilarious you mentioned match 211 because I just realized that kind of use is exactly what I wanted to do with the Millenian ship. :lol:

Thanks for the help. I'm excited to keep working.

RIP Evan.

AbsoluteHerasy
Yojimbo

Post by AbsoluteHerasy »

Two more questions: and I promise I'm done:

So it was said that the 1954 Godzilla had been living underwater for millions of years before being mutated and awoken by the bomb test. I have some plans for berserk Kiryu, and so I was wondering (in a similar vein to my Orochi/Mothra question) if Berserk!Kiryu would recognise other monsters that would have been around in prehistoric times? Like M.U.T.O.s, Varan, Mothra, Desghidorah, Legendary Godzilla, Baragon, etc.

On the topic of 1954 Godzilla, would it be allowed to say that OG Godzilla was also a Godzillasaurus pre-mutation, as it didn't specify in the original what he was?
Spoiler:

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

AbsoluteHerasy wrote:Two more questions: and I promise I'm done:

So it was said that the 1954 Godzilla had been living underwater for millions of years before being mutated and awoken by the bomb test. I have some plans for berserk Kiryu, and so I was wondering (in a similar vein to my Orochi/Mothra question) if Berserk!Kiryu would recognise other monsters that would have been around in prehistoric times? Like M.U.T.O.s, Varan, Mothra, Desghidorah, Legendary Godzilla, Baragon, etc.

On the topic of 1954 Godzilla, would it be allowed to say that OG Godzilla was also a Godzillasaurus pre-mutation, as it didn't specify in the original what he was?
While G'54's species has definitely been around for millions of years, the specific creature from the '54 film I don't think is. But that doesn't rule out the possibility of him meeting the likes of Mothra, Baragon, and those descended from dinosaurs. Pretty confident, at the very least, that G'54 is at least some thousands (or tens of thousands) of years old.

Interestingly enough, G'54 was never a Godzillasaurus during his pre-mutation days. He was just simply a terrestrial-marine animal. For that matter, I do believe Gomaru Island made a translation of his origins.
Gomaru Island wrote:Godzilla and his kind resided within an underwater cave deep within the South Pacific Ocean.
Their location residing near areas of coral reef. They would only leave the cave to hunt and feed on fish and whales. However, Godzilla's kind are wiped out by a hydrogen bomb testing, leaving an injured and enraged Godzilla as the sole survivor. Forced from his habitat, Godzilla lurked the ocean depths.
A boat of human passengers cross Godzilla's path, to which is destroyed and sunken by the monster's rage. Following the route the destroyed ship had traveled from, Godzilla would sink more ships and boats before arriving to Odo Island and encountering mankind. Godzilla would later march North until attracted by the lights of a major city. Godzilla would then make landfall in Tokyo.
It's also best assumed that the image above might be the best representation of his pre-mutation days.

Pair of kings.

AbsoluteHerasy
Yojimbo

Post by AbsoluteHerasy »

KaijuX wrote:So much great information that is deeply appriciated
I've never read that origin story, but it does sound familiar now that I see it here. Thank you so much for showing this to me, this will definitely help with some cool scenes involving Berserk!Kiryu. I think if I make 54' Godzilla recognize any monster personally (not just recognizing the species like with Mothra, Legendary Godzilla or Baragon) it would be Manda.
Spoiler:

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

AbsoluteHerasy wrote:
KaijuX wrote:So much great information that is deeply appriciated
I've never read that origin story, but it does sound familiar now that I see it here. Thank you so much for showing this to me, this will definitely help with some cool scenes involving Berserk!Kiryu. I think if I make 54' Godzilla recognize any monster personally (not just recognizing the species like with Mothra, Legendary Godzilla or Baragon) it would be Manda.
Or Titanosaurus, I could see Titanosaurus’ species being a rival species to Godzilla’s.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

AbsoluteHerasy
Yojimbo

Post by AbsoluteHerasy »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:
AbsoluteHerasy wrote: I've never read that origin story, but it does sound familiar now that I see it here. Thank you so much for showing this to me, this will definitely help with some cool scenes involving Berserk!Kiryu. I think if I make 54' Godzilla recognize any monster personally (not just recognizing the species like with Mothra, Legendary Godzilla or Baragon) it would be Manda.
Or Titanosaurus, I could see Titanosaurus’ species being a rival species to Godzilla’s.
That would work perfectly too. Both prehistoric deep sea dinosaurs. They could have definitely interacted.
Spoiler:

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Out of curiousity, which sentence is grammatically correct?

"He ran across the field towards them."

"He ran across the field, towards them."

"He ran across the field and towards them."
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

I feel like the first one would be grammatically correct. "Towards" has always been an iffy one in terms of grammar; I have trouble with that one myself sometimes.

Pair of kings.

AbsoluteHerasy
Yojimbo

Post by AbsoluteHerasy »

Heyyyyyy guys. In my planning process, I came up with some other questions:

So Tsukinowa. What powers does he actually possess? And with that, is it unreasonable to say that any spawn of Orochi could have these powers?

Since he was never given a real personality in his show appearances, would it be allowed for me to make up most of a personality for Bemular?

Can only monsters from Final Wars who were confirmed to have M-Base have M-Base? (Manda, Gigan, King Caesar, Hedorah, etc.)

Godzilla Junior's distress call can be heard by anyone, correct?

How small does someone have to be to be teleported into Grand King Ghidorah's dome? Also (I think I saw this answered before, but I wanted to make sure) could Grand King Ghidorah mind control someone like Hikaru, Shin, Eren, or Dan, and have them transform and stay controlled?

Do the crystals on Krystalak's body have the same properties as Power Surge Crystals? I assume no, but I was asking because it said in his bio that he was created from the same meteor that formed the Power Surge Crystals.

Could we have Mechagodzilla (Showa) be controlled by someone else who had the appropriate cybernetics installed? Also, could one person with said cybernetics control multiple Mechagodzillas?

Again, sorry for the giant block of text.
Last edited by AbsoluteHerasy on Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler: