K.W.C. - Writer Assistance Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: K.W.C. - Writer Assistance Thread

Post by KaijuX »

AbsoluteHerasy wrote:So Tsukinowa. What powers does he actually possess? And with that, is it unreasonable to say that any spawn of Orochi could have these powers?
While still in need of an update, a nice bit of his powers can be seen here.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/orochi_heisei.htm#s

That said, I'll admit, I'll have to rewatch the movie again so I can give more clear, concise answers or judge how far these abilities can be taken. As far as other spawns go... That's a legitimately good question. I wouldn't doubt it at all if any other of the "human like" spawns could possess similar powers.
Since he was never given a real personality in his show appearances, would it be allowed for me to make up most of a personality for Bemular?
As long as it feels believable, sure!
Can only monsters from Final Wars who were confirmed to have M-Base have M-Base? (Manda, Gigan, King Caesar, Hedorah, etc.)
Recommended, but keep in mind that I think FW inferred that most of their kaiju army were genetically manipulated to have M-Base. Therefore, nearly anyone could have M-Base if the story allows.
Godzilla Junior's distress call can be heard by anyone, correct?
For all intents and purposes, yes.
How small does someone have to be to be teleported into Grand King Ghidorah's dome? Also (I think I saw this answered before, but I wanted to make sure) could Grand King Ghidorah mind control someone like Hikaru, Shin, Eren, or Dan, and have them transform and stay controlled?
I think our rule of thumb with GKG's teleportation is that they can't be the monsters. From what we see in the movie, anything around the size of a child; but for the KWC, we'll allow anything relative to any creature in the humanoid family (humans, Nebulans, the Shobijin/Elias, Simians, Space Beastmen) or animals within proximity of that scale.
Do the crystals on Krystalak's body have the same properties as Power Surge Crystals? I assume no, but I was asking because it said in his bio that he was created from the same meteor that formed the Power Surge Crystals.
I see what you mean, but keep in mind that the meteor that made the Power Surge Crystals also created the other crystals. Krystalak's crystalline properties I think are more in line with the common variety of crystals than the Power Surge ones (as his purpose is to collect the PS crystals for himself). That said, as we've said before, no Power Surge crystals.
Could we have Mechagodzilla (Showa) be controlled by someone else who had the appropriate cybernetics installed? Also, could one person with said cybernetics control multiple Mechagodzillas?
Sure thing! It's still in line with what's seen in the movie, just taken up to 11. ;)
Again, sorry for the giant block of text.
Not a problem! Honestly, it was a blast answering all these questions, haha. :D
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Can Ultraman use the Marine or Giga Specium Ray in a match? I know we don't typically allow powers from video games or outside media to be used in the KWC, but since they're both upgrades of an attack and not a separate one like the Colorium Ray, could an exception be made?
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Birdman wrote:Can Ultraman use the Marine or Giga Specium Ray in a match? I know we don't typically allow powers from video games or outside media to be used in the KWC, but since they're both upgrades of an attack and not a separate one like the Colorium Ray, could an exception be made?
I think it would be all right as long as it's treated as powered version of the move. A la, Ultraman puts more power behind his Specium Ray to make it into the Giga Specium Ray or something like that.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

AbsoluteHerasy
Yojimbo

Post by AbsoluteHerasy »

KaijuX wrote:I see what you mean, but keep in mind that the meteor that made the Power Surge Crystals also created the other crystals. Krystalak's crystalline properties I think are more in line with the common variety of crystals than the Power Surge ones (as his purpose is to collect the PS crystals for himself). That said, as we've said before, no Power Surge crystals.
Thanks again for all the help, as always ;)

About Krystalak. I misworded it when I said Power Surge Crystals. I meant the traditional green crystals. But if I'm interpreting what you're saying correctly, are you saying that it would be allowed for someone to break the crystals on Krystalak's corpse, it could be considered a power-up ala the green crystals?
Spoiler:
Fun quotes from some d&d insanity:
"Wait, does taking loads of drugs and meditating for an hour count as scientific evidence?"
"There's chicken pot pie everywhere."
"Sorry, I meant to fluff your pillow- with my fist."
“I don’t think you know how funerals work.”

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

^ No for the KWC in general, critical mass is the only power-up possible. Power surges are not allowed.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

AbsoluteHerasy
Yojimbo

Post by AbsoluteHerasy »

Greyshot151 wrote:^ No for the KWC in general, critical mass is the only power-up possible. Power surges are not allowed.
I understand that power surges are not allowed. I was wondering if Krystalak's corpse crystals could work like the green crystals. Not power surge crystals.
Spoiler:
"Wait, does taking loads of drugs and meditating for an hour count as scientific evidence?"

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

AbsoluteHerasy wrote:
Greyshot151 wrote:^ No for the KWC in general, critical mass is the only power-up possible. Power surges are not allowed.
I understand that power surges are not allowed. I was wondering if Krystalak's corpse crystals could work like the green crystals. Not power surge crystals.
That sounds interesting, if Krystalak was dying, but all the sudden Obsidius pulls the backstab move by killing him to get a boost of power.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

AbsoluteHerasy wrote:
^ ALL abilities the crystal's give in the game are not allowed in the KWC with the exception being install energy. So yes, if you wanted a monster could tear Krystalak apart and receive some amount of energy. But his crystals would be no different then the regular, SpaceGodzilla crystals which he was formed from.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

AbsoluteHerasy
Yojimbo

Post by AbsoluteHerasy »

Greyshot151 wrote:
AbsoluteHerasy wrote:I understand that power surges are not allowed. I was wondering if Krystalak's corpse crystals could work like the green crystals. Not power surge crystals.
^ ALL abilities the crystal's give in the game are not allowed in the KWC with the exception being install energy. So yes, if you wanted a monster could tear Krystalak apart and receive some amount of energy. But his crystals would be no different then the regular, SpaceGodzilla crystals which he was formed from.
Understood.just wanted to make sure I was understanding everything correctly. Sorry for any contention I might've caused.
Spoiler:

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Looking for a co-writer for a four monster handi-cap match, Godzilla (Heisei) vs. Baragon, Maguma, and Gabara.

The match has a lot of pretty interesting and weird ideas that’ll be worth exploring.

Got a good bit written already but it could always be perfected, if anyone’s interested, please PM me
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

What powers did Bagan gain from Godzilla’s and King Ghidorah’s cells, and which did he already have before?
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:What powers did Bagan gain from Godzilla’s and King Ghidorah’s cells, and which did he already have before?
Off the top of my head, I'm pretty confident his powers were amplified by G and KG's cells. Though given the US manual's description, I think they allude to Bagan's Plasma Breath and Diamond Storm being the biggest additions from the cellular fusion.

Pair of kings.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Can we use the baby Gorosaurus trio in a match?
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Birdman wrote:Can we use the baby Gorosaurus trio in a match?
As a combatant, no. But as an environmental "assist" or plot-driven element, sure!

Pair of kings.

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

Where are they from?

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

{---HYPERZeTToN---} wrote:
Where are they from?
I believe hes referring to that one art that I think I’ve seen before, kinda similar to that one art where Desghidorah is fighting a bunch of dinosaurs and prmitive versions of saurian Kaijus.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Where are they from?
I believe there was some official art depicting Gorosaurus with 3 smaller Gorosaurus/Tyrannosaur-esque creatures to my understanding. I remember seeing it, but I'm having a hard time finding the image.

Pair of kings.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

KaijuX wrote:
Where are they from?
I believe there was some official art depicting Gorosaurus with 3 smaller Gorosaurus/Tyrannosaur-esque creatures to my understanding. I remember seeing it, but I'm having a hard time finding the image.
Page 368 of the KWC thread.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

soulgodzilla wrote: Guys, found this.
*img*
It saids as in translation of “Gorosaurus family living happily on dinosaur island.”

Pair of kings.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

KaijuX wrote: *best Allosaur boi’s family*
soulgodzilla wrote: Guys, found this.
*img*
It saids as in translation of “Gorosaurus family living happily on dinosaur island.”
I forgot that I was the one who found it. :lol:

Be cool to see a pack of smaller Gorosaurus, but I assume thats gonna be a no, unless if we could write a smaller/younger Gorosaurus?
Last edited by soulgodzilla on Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....