Speculating the final opponent for Godzillasaurus

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
Dr. Professor
Futurian

Re: Speculating the final opponent for Godzillasaurus

Post by Dr. Professor »

Why is Godzillasaurus being retired anyway?
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Dr. Professor wrote:Why is Godzillasaurus being retired anyway?
Too many Godzilla's.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Dr. Professor wrote:Why is Godzillasaurus being retired anyway?
We want a Godzilla that can do more then just absorb radiation.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Godzillasaurus really shouldn't be counted as a Godzilla; he's not one as we know them. He has none of the defining features: no atomic breath, nearly nonexistent dorsal spines, all that. He's just a basic dinosaur, which is a better reason for retirement than him being something which he is not, a Godzilla.
Resized Image

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Personally, I don't want him retired, but it doesn't seem like he'll be staying.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Theres one thing that may look like a Mechagodzilla that i think that it should never count as a “Godzilla-type” character and has a different name and I guess you could say something thats original but I slight inspired representation to Mechagodzilla.

And that will be Cybersaur.

Added in 2 minutes 20 seconds:
But if Cybersaur still ends up counting as a “Godzilla-type” character, then I’d rather not see him be Godzillasaurus’ replacement and would rather see Bagorah get in.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Yeah, I'm very much onboard of the idea of the Mechagodzillas not counting as Godzilla-type (even if Kiryu straight up has '54's skeleton :lol:). While I don't count Gsaurus as a Godzilla-type creature per se (as mentioned by others, he doesn't have the trademark abilities), he is a proto-form; something Greyshot and Arbok aren't keen on having with the current iteration of the KWC (though how he got in to begin with I guess is just a different story). That, and not really having that many matches doesn't help, either (it's only thanks to the warning I gave ya'll that he's received all the matches he's gotten, if only to give him a satisfying load before he's retired).
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

KaijuX wrote:Yeah, I'm very much onboard of the idea of the Mechagodzillas not counting as Godzilla-type (even if Kiryu straight up has '54's skeleton :lol:). While I don't count Gsaurus as a Godzilla-type creature per se (as mentioned by others, he doesn't have the trademark abilities), he is a proto-form; something Greyshot and Arbok aren't keen on having with the current iteration of the KWC (though how he got in to begin with I guess is just a different story). That, and not really having that many matches doesn't help, either (it's only thanks to the warning I gave ya'll that he's received all the matches he's gotten, if only to give him a satisfying load before he's retired).
And since he is a proto form to ( T H I C C ) Godzilla Heisei, I did a little fun math of comining his win/loss/tie records with Godzilla (Heisei).

Godzilla Heisei: Win: 23 Loss: 7 Tie: 4

If they were to share in one character roster, we would kinda have a Godzilla (Heisei) Vs. Gorosaurus: Round 2.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

^ I swear, I don't thing people understand the idea of "merging" characters around here... XD The major contributor of merging characters are two requirements:

-Same/similar names
-Similar/same species, powers, etc.

If the creatures in question meet these requirements, they would work as one slot. The (hypothetical) Eva Units (at least 00, 01 and 02) would work since they basically share the same (English) name; the MUTOs work because of the naming (being the biggest contributor) and already having similar design and power aspects. Seagoras and Seamons, however, wouldn't work, and this is because they have different names (even if they meet the requirement of species/powers). As far as the KWCE counterparts go, was in more of a rush to get the KWCE running at the time. Going to be splitting them up really soon, for sure.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

KaijuX wrote:^ I swear, I don't thing people understand the idea of "merging" characters around here... XD The major contributor of merging characters are two requirements:

-Same/similar names
-Similar/same species, powers, etc.

If the creatures in question meet these requirements, they would work as one slot. The (hypothetical) Eva Units (at least 00, 01 and 02) would work since they basically share the same (English) name; the MUTOs work because of the naming (being the biggest contributor) and already having similar design and power aspects. Seagoras and Seamons, however, wouldn't work, and this is because they have different names (even if they meet the requirement of species/powers). As far as the KWCE counterparts go, was in more of a rush to get the KWCE running at the time. Going to be splitting them up really soon, for sure.
I know, just wanna point that out for fun since Godzillasaurus is a proto form of Godzilla Heisei. XD

And I guess same goes for Daigoro’s mama.

Added in 58 minutes 12 seconds:
Then again, finding good pictures of Daigoro’s mom can be a nightmare.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

I don't want to know why you're looking for photos of Daigoro's mom.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Birdman wrote:I don't want to know why you're looking for photos of Daigoro's mom.
Well, it'd be for the same reason to find images of the Bat Men or the Giant Rats; for decoration. ;)

Pair of kings.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Birdman wrote:I don't want to know why you're looking for photos of Daigoro's mom.
Because why not? If there's a good picture of a Kaiju that I happen to find that's from an obscure sight, I’ll take it.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

Gojifan2005
Ronin

Post by Gojifan2005 »

If someone takes his place,either Showa,Shin,or Anime Godzilla. But if no replacement is added,then just let him go out with a bang. Maybe Godzillasaurus vs. King Kong... To be honest,I really want Kong to have his revenge on Godzillasaurus after how King Kong vs. Varan vs. Godzillasaurus ended...

Added in 1 minute 52 seconds:
GodzillavsJason wrote:
Gojifan2005 wrote:Dong, the slayer of dinos and women.
Fixed that for you. :P
Heh,thanks...

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Really hoping its King Kong vs. Godzillasaurus. That would be the best way for him to go.

That, and Kong is in a bad losing streak. He could use the win; his record is nearly negative.
Resized Image

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Bagan

In all seriousness, I feel like a great final match would be Godzillasaurus vs Godzilla. What better way to close out a career with than a battle with one of the main monsters of the KWC and your supercharged form? Either that or let Godzillasaurus get his rematch with Gorosaurus.
Personally, I don't care who the final opponent is. As long as Godzillasaurus goes out on a high note, I'm happy.
Yes someone do this we need this plz

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

My guess... ... ...Shin Godzilla!
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

ShinGojira14 wrote:My guess... ... ...Shin Godzilla!
Will he start off as Kamata Kun?
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Maybe!

Then again, I guess we’ll just have to wait until he’s added to the roster.

But once he is, HOOOOOOOO BOY am I going to have some fun!
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

HillyHulk
Yuki Special

Post by HillyHulk »

I think a good way to go is to have Godzillasaurus vs Legendary Godzilla. It would be a good passing of the torch; the first Godzilla (in the case of K.W.C anyway) facing the Godzilla of a new era. Of course, with that kind of a scenario Godzillasaurus should lose, but either way it would be a good send-off.

Added in 35 minutes 54 seconds:
By the way, with all the talk about replacing Godzillasaurus, I'd like to know; will it be replaced or will there just be one less combatant?