Is TK going to be apart of the Internet Strike

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.

Is TK going to be apart of the Internet Strike

Postby Jahgee » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:39 am

On Jan. 18th there is going to be an all-out strike on the internet. Websites across the internet are going dark in protest of the internet censorship bills in Congress, SOPA and PIPA.
Some of the biggest sites in the world are participating: Reddit, Mozilla. And some others may join (e.g. a leading micro-blogging platform and a popular collaboratively-written encyclopedia), but they need a nudge. If we can get them to join this will be EPIC.
Ask the biggest sites on the internet to join the strike.
If you're on Facebook or Twitter, please use these links to share this
One of Toho Kingdom's 2 resident NASCAR fans
I'm the Akili Smith of TK Admins :lol:

Jahgee
TK Forum Staff Emeritus

Geiger Counter

Team: Nice Dynamite

Re: Is TK going to be apart of the Internet Strike

Postby Varan 1958 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:53 am

MechaJahgeezilla wrote:On Jan. 18th there is going to be an all-out strike on the internet. Websites across the internet are going dark in protest of the internet censorship bills in Congress, SOPA and PIPA.
Some of the biggest sites in the world are participating: Reddit, Mozilla. And some others may join (e.g. a leading micro-blogging platform and a popular collaboratively-written encyclopedia), but they need a nudge. If we can get them to join this will be EPIC.

Maybe I should stop living in a cave, but what will the Internet Censorship Bills do?
shinmattiathekaiju wrote:
GodzillaIsCool wrote:Should we just start spreading our own rumors that Jet Jaguar makes a comeback in this movie? And Godzilla will be stop and go motion puppet?

Or riding a bike with Minilla while singing Born To Be Wild.
Varan 1958
Interpol Agent

Postby Breakdown » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:40 am

^ Make the internet borderline useless by blocking almost all the websites on the web that the Government doesnt like.
Vatarian wrote:When the movie comes out on DVD,I'm going to frame a screenshot of his death-grimace and mount it on my wall next to the vial of tears I collected from a thousand angry Broni Friendzonis ranting about how Prime's an amoral psychopath and Bay violated their childhood like some sort of ancient Babylonian sex-demon.

"Are you insane!? We're gonna die!!"

Breakdown
The fastest thing on 4 wheels!

Geiger Counter

Mirror Counter

Team: Stunticons
Favourite Kaiju: Baragon, Gigan, Mechagodzilla, Godzilla, King Seesar

Postby FlamingZilla23 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:16 pm

That Bill is BULLSHIT! But i doubt TK is going to be apart of it, in my opinon it's a yes or no anwser.
Proud member of Toho Kingdom since 2011
FlamingZilla23
Interpol Agent

Postby Living Corpse » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:55 pm

Varan 1958 wrote:Maybe I should stop living in a cave, but what will the Internet Censorship Bills do?

Living in a cave isn't the problem. The lobbyist who are trying to get this bill passed are trying to keep people from not knowing about it and the ones who do know they are trying to keep them misinformed.

Chris55 wrote:King Kong could fling his poop SO FAST, you'd think it was a beam!

Beef Bigshot wrote:I guess its used to make the kaiju look more alien and creepy to the audience. Also its like visual sex to the viewer

Janjira54 wrote:I believe this is the first time we've ever seen Godzilla having genitals. Christ, the things this site makes me say...

Living Corpse
Seatopian Demigod

Geiger Counter

Postby SuperSaiyan4Godzilla » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:02 pm

Varan 1958 wrote:
MechaJahgeezilla wrote:On Jan. 18th there is going to be an all-out strike on the internet. Websites across the internet are going dark in protest of the internet censorship bills in Congress, SOPA and PIPA.

Maybe I should stop living in a cave, but what will the Internet Censorship Bills do?

SOPA is an anti-piracy bill. It would censor any copyrighted material, therefore stopping piracy. In theory.

A lot of companies that have supported it have changed their minds pretty fast. Nintendo and Sony did. It makes Lets Play videos illegal and those will be censored. Lets Play videos actually help the market.

That Guy with the Glasses could be shut down too. But, once again, those videos actually help the market.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/vi ... rt-UPDATED
Even if the morrow is barren of promises,
Nothing shall forestall my return.

Like Toho Kingdom on Facebook!

Join the Facebook Toho Kingdom group!
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla
Super Saurian

Postby omgitsgodzilla » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:24 pm

What's PIPA? I've only pretty much just heard about it.
Gender-questioning Netflix addict who has spent way too much money collecting these damned movies.

KEEP CIRCULATING THE TAPES
omgitsgodzilla
Tumblr Trash

Postby Living Corpse » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:28 pm

The death of the internet and all businesses that run on it if this thing gets passed.

Chris55 wrote:King Kong could fling his poop SO FAST, you'd think it was a beam!

Beef Bigshot wrote:I guess its used to make the kaiju look more alien and creepy to the audience. Also its like visual sex to the viewer

Janjira54 wrote:I believe this is the first time we've ever seen Godzilla having genitals. Christ, the things this site makes me say...

Living Corpse
Seatopian Demigod

Geiger Counter

Postby omgitsgodzilla » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:36 pm

Hm. -hits Wikiedia-

The PROTECT IP Act defines infringement as distribution of illegal copies, counterfeit goods or anti-DRM technology, and infringement exists if "facts or circumstances suggest [the site] is used, primarily as a means for engaging in, enabling, or facilitating the activities described". The bill says it does not alter existing substantive trademark or copyright law.

Hm. So potentially, down goes Amazon, down goes eBay, down goes YouTube... damn.
Gender-questioning Netflix addict who has spent way too much money collecting these damned movies.

omgitsgodzilla
Tumblr Trash

Postby SuperSaiyan4Godzilla » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:42 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/1 ... 06347.html

That's interesting to say the least.
Even if the morrow is barren of promises,
Nothing shall forestall my return.

Like Toho Kingdom on Facebook!

Join the Facebook Toho Kingdom group!
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla
Super Saurian

Postby Tohosaurus » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:25 pm

SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/14/white-house-sopa-pipa_n_1206347.html

It'd be nice to have such comments encourage us, but Obama likes to change his position and just signed NDAA despite all of his self-professed reservations with it. To say it flatly, even if he doesn't really like this bill he has a good chance of just signing it anyway.

This bill has to be stopped before it ever gets to him.
고질라

한국. 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren
Tohosaurus
EDF Soldier

Postby omgitsgodzilla » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:47 pm

Most of the Congresspeople are old, they probably don't use the Internet much. This wouldn't affect them too much.

omgitsgodzilla
Tumblr Trash

Postby Varan 1958 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:54 pm

Okay. . . supposing this bill gets passed. Will TK be at risk of being shut down?
shinmattiathekaiju wrote:
GodzillaIsCool wrote:Should we just start spreading our own rumors that Jet Jaguar makes a comeback in this movie? And Godzilla will be stop and go motion puppet?

Or riding a bike with Minilla while singing Born To Be Wild.
Varan 1958
Interpol Agent

Postby Hellspawn28 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:18 pm

Godzilla 2000 wrote:You guys honestly think they'll let this stupid bill will pass?

=/

Don't be so sure since the bill does have a lot of big name compines that support with a lot of powerful pepole on their side to back them up. Anything is possible, I doubt a bunch of normal people can stop it no matter how many people try to stop it.
Hellspawn28
Seatopian Demigod

Postby NSZ » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:45 pm

Tohosaurus wrote:
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/14/white-house-sopa-pipa_n_1206347.html

It'd be nice to have such comments encourage us, but Obama likes to change his position and just signed NDAA despite all of his self-professed reservations with it. To say it flatly, even if he doesn't really like this bill he has a good chance of just signing it anyway.

You realize that only got passed cuz some rat-bastards tucked it in with the MILITARY/DEFENSE BUDGET right?

Really, the only people who actually support this damn thing anymore are the ones who caused the whole piracy issue in the first place and the schmucks they're paying.
When the weak court death, they find it.

NSZ
Dragon Slayer

Geiger Counter

Team: K-Science
Favourite Kaiju: Trespasser

Postby gvamp » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:37 pm

Varan 1958 wrote:Okay. . . supposing this bill gets passed. Will TK be at risk of being shut down?

Yes TK and any Godzilla fan site will get shut down because it features copywrited material on it and isn't licensed by the copywrite holders.
optimum in mundi
Click this for me: http://rewardgalaxy.com/?ref=637260

gvamp
E.S.P.Spy

Geiger Counter

Postby Tohosaurus » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:38 pm

Godzilla 2000 wrote:You guys honestly think they'll let this stupid bill will pass?

=/

Are you aware that this bill has considerable bipartisan support right now? Only recently have things looked a little better for us. Finally big money is fighting for us too since giants like Google and Reddit are at great risk for this and will be combating it. They've managed to get Ryan to make a public 180 on the position but that's a drop in the bucket for now.

The fact that this bill has such a good chance of becoming a federal law is EXACTLY why it's so disastrous.
Varan wrote:Okay. . . supposing this bill gets passed. Will TK be at risk of being shut down?

Absolutely.
You realize that only got passed cuz some rat-bastards tucked it in with the MILITARY/DEFENSE BUDGET right?

Really, the only people who actually support this damn thing anymore are the ones who caused the whole piracy issue in the first place and the schmucks they're paying.

And he still could've rejected it regardless of it being overruled by Congress later on anyway. It was purposely signed on New Year's Eve for a reason and the media covered it precious little, this in spite of the fact that we all knew WEEKS in advance that NDAA had a lot of problematic legislation proposals.
고질라

한국. 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren
Tohosaurus
EDF Soldier

Postby Tyler » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:50 pm

Godzilla 2000 wrote:C'mon. If a random shmuck who can barely work a Samsung slip phone can see the far-reaching, negative reprecussions of this bill, then surely Congress can.

I think you have way too much faith in Congress then.

Tyler
Anung Un Rama

Geiger Counter

Team: BPRD
Favourite Kaiju: Rodan

Postby Hedorah » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:50 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:

=/

Don't be so sure since the bill does have a lot of big name compines that support with a lot of powerful pepole on their side to back them up. Anything is possible, I doubt a bunch of normal people can stop it no matter how many people try to stop it.

You do realize how many big names are AGAINST it as well? Google is against it even. Is Google just a bunch of normal people?
#1 DEXTER FAN ON TK!

Godzilla 2000 wrote:tl;dr is just l33tsp34k for "you talk too damn much."

I wrote:skreeonk the Dave the isn't footings happen
Hedorah
Kwaidan

Postby MothraRocks » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:27 pm

Wait, this is gonna seem like a stupid question, but posts won't be deleted, right?

MothraRocks
E.S.P.Spy

Geiger Counter

Mirror Counter

Next

Return to Comments, Suggestions, Submissions