Is TK going to be apart of the Internet Strike

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.

Re: Is TK going to be apart of the Internet Strike

Postby omgitsgodzilla » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:58 pm

spinzilla wrote:Our Reps have failed us once again. The internet will continue to an anarchy. Our white knight has passed.

Okay, seriously dude. The Internet is pretty much an anarchist community to begin with - it has no overall leaders or police force or government of any kind. And you know what? Pretty much everyone is fine with that. It's how they like it. The Internet gets along fine without a net-wide hierarchy. You're confusing anarchy with chaos, which is a terribly common misconception. Are there chaotic elements online? Yes. There always have been and there probably always will be, and so far it's done little to truly disrupt the balance of things in this global community (unless you got your idea of balance from George Lucas - meaning nothing at all except whatever you consider "good"). It's not the end of the world if a few capitalists who sit back and make money off other people's creations wind up losing a few bucks. You're by all means free to disagree with that description, but the fact remains that these guys have plenty of money and it's not that big a deal if they could be getting more and they aren't. They're rich already and piracy isn't going to destroy the reliability of their income. Your entire apparent view of the Internet is frankly rather alarmist and I don't think you see the big picture: The Internet is the closest thing to an anarchistic utopia we've ever had. There is no entity capable of saying what you can and can't do on a net-wide scale. The web has brought us unprecedented freedom in nearly every area you can imagine. Power has been given to the people and they are using it as they see fit by trading information and art freely. I'm not going to argue that it isn't a crime to pirate copyrighted material, but in the end I'm not all that sure it matters as much as the corporations that produce said material would have you believe.

I don't want to cause trouble, but that's my two cents. If you want to debate any of this, I don't want to fill the thread with it, but I'd be more than happy to discuss it civilly and through private messages. Thank you.
Gender-questioning Netflix addict who has spent way too much money collecting these damned movies.

KEEP CIRCULATING THE TAPES
omgitsgodzilla
Tumblr Trash

Postby Hellspawn28 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:04 pm

^You know Spinzilla is just trolling with us in this thread, no point on debating with him. Their is over 13 million people protesting Sopa and Pipa, it will never pass!
Hellspawn28
Seatopian Demigod

Postby SuperSaiyan4Godzilla » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:10 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:^You know Spinzilla is just trolling with us in this thread, no point on debating with him. Their is over 13 million people protesting Sopa and Pipa, it will never pass!

:: coughNDAAcough ::

Either way, I await the return of these two bills.
Even if the morrow is barren of promises,
Nothing shall forestall my return.

Like Toho Kingdom on Facebook!

Join the Facebook Toho Kingdom group!
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla
Super Saurian

Postby spinzilla » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:19 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:^You know Spinzilla is just trolling with us in this thread, no point on debating with him. Their is over 13 million people protesting Sopa and Pipa, it will never pass!

You think 13 million protesting is a definite no pass? It's not, especially with the protesters being a mostly faceless anonymous group. How can you be taken seriously with NO FACE? No face as in "Chimp-ripped-it-off-no-face".

It's like the island of misfit toys protesting.
If you don't like MMA your man card belongs in a purse.
spinzilla
Interpol Agent

Postby Hellspawn28 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:30 pm

Too bad since Smith is pulling the bill and SOPA is essentially dead.

http://mashable.com/2012/01/20/sopa-is- ... ulls-bill/
Hellspawn28
Seatopian Demigod

Postby spinzilla » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:31 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:Too bad since Smith is pulling the bill and SOPA is essentially dead.

http://venturebeat.com/2012/01/20/lamar ... sopa-dead/

Oh, I know. See my earlier post about the white knight passing. I was talking about the fact that even if you have protesters it's not in the bag that a bill won't get passed.

Jump in and follow the stream of this conversation.

swimy.
spinzilla
Interpol Agent

Postby Living Corpse » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:38 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:Too bad since Smith is pulling the bill and SOPA is essentially dead.

http://mashable.com/2012/01/20/sopa-is- ... ulls-bill/

HS.

No offense but this has always been going on and will never end, and I'm not just talking about these bills.

There's been and still are many bills that certain parties have been and still are and forever will keep trying to get passed until they do and if they don't they still keep trying to get them passed. Every year.

Chris55 wrote:King Kong could fling his poop SO FAST, you'd think it was a beam!

Beef Bigshot wrote:I guess its used to make the kaiju look more alien and creepy to the audience. Also its like visual sex to the viewer

Janjira54 wrote:I believe this is the first time we've ever seen Godzilla having genitals. Christ, the things this site makes me say...

Living Corpse
Seatopian Demigod

Geiger Counter

Postby NSZ » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:48 pm

Living Corpse wrote:There's been and still are many bills that certain parties have been and still are and forever will keep trying to get passed until they do and if they don't they still keep trying to get them passed. Every year.

You'd at least think they'd learn after a while...

But then again, our government's kind of a joke.
TK's resident Burt Gummer.

NSZ
Dragon Slayer

Geiger Counter

Team: K-Science
Favourite Kaiju: Nerogiras

Postby Living Corpse » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:50 pm

I think all governments are jokes.

But that's just me.

Chris55 wrote:King Kong could fling his poop SO FAST, you'd think it was a beam!

Beef Bigshot wrote:I guess its used to make the kaiju look more alien and creepy to the audience. Also its like visual sex to the viewer

Janjira54 wrote:I believe this is the first time we've ever seen Godzilla having genitals. Christ, the things this site makes me say...

Living Corpse
Seatopian Demigod

Geiger Counter

Postby Berzerkgodzilla » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:54 pm

I think our (The US) Government is the biggest joke of all. Always getting involved with everybody else. I'm convinced the the United States thinks it's the ruler of the world, it's a joke a big joke, probably the biggest ever. I'm hate this place, I want to go to Canada
Your friendly neighborhood Burger King crew member.
Berzerkgodzilla
Futurian

Postby Living Corpse » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:56 pm

Then your stuck with the Canadian government. No matter where you go, you have to deal with someone's government.

Living Corpse
Seatopian Demigod

Geiger Counter

Postby Berzerkgodzilla » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:59 pm

I'd rather deal with their government, the US government is just getting so bad
Your friendly neighborhood Burger King crew member.
Berzerkgodzilla
Futurian

Postby SuperSaiyan4Godzilla » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:57 pm

spinzilla wrote:

You think 13 million protesting is a definite no pass? It's not, especially with the protesters being a mostly faceless anonymous group. How can you be taken seriously with NO FACE? No face as in "Chimp-ripped-it-off-no-face".

It's like the island of misfit toys protesting.

Vietnam and the Second Gulf War has been referred to as wars with "face-less enemies."

SuperSaiyan4Godzilla
Super Saurian

Postby spinzilla » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:07 am

SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:Vietnam and the Second Gulf War has been referred to as wars with "face-less enemies."

No entirely sure what this has to do with my point, but I always appreciate a good history lesson.
spinzilla
Interpol Agent

Postby SuperSaiyan4Godzilla » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:22 am

spinzilla wrote:
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:Vietnam and the Second Gulf War has been referred to as wars with "face-less enemies."

No entirely sure what this has to do with my point, but I always appreciate a good history lesson.

You stated that no one can be taken seriously when you have no face. I'm taking face as "public image" or someone that represents the enemy. In WWII, Adolf Hitler and Mussolini were the faces of the European Theater. The Emperor and Admiral Yamamato were the faces of the Pacific Theater. During the Cold War, Stalin and later Soviet leaders proved to be the faces of the Communist enemy.

During Vietnam, there was no "face" for the enemy. The enemy was simply the legion that hid in the jungle and managed to kill our men left and right. The same can be argued for the Second Gulf War. There was no face for the Taliban/Al-Qeda. We do have Osama bin Laden, yes. However, it was made apparent that he was never really the leader. A group like the Taliban is like a hydra. You cut one head off, more grow in its place. You can even notice this today: bin Laden is very much dead, but the Taliban continues to exist.

What I'm getting at is that faceless enemies have been taken seriously in the past.

SuperSaiyan4Godzilla
Super Saurian

Postby spinzilla » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:06 am

SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:You stated that no one can be taken seriously when you have no face.

No i didn't. I'm saying the faceless part can be a key to be taken less serious. I never said not at all. Just as it's much easier to take a forum poster less serious vs. a person in real life.

And I get what your going for, but it's not my point all. Peaceful protesters to war/terrorist groups is an apples to oranges comparison.
spinzilla
Interpol Agent

Previous

Return to Comments, Suggestions, Submissions