The Official Character Analysis Topic

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.

Do you read the CA?

Yes, they are a rather interesting look at our favorite city destroying beasts.
97%
No not really. you make Arbok sad :(
3%

Total votes: 91

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: The Official Character Analysis Topic

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

I'm surprised there was no mention of the mouth beam he used as Fake Godzilla. I would have expected something in one of the cutaways, but there's nothing. But still, great analysis, very informative. So Mechagodzilla has a missile factory inside of it, and a spiral clip of missiles in it's arms. That explains why it just explodes like it did after being defeated.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

GigaBowserG wrote:Analysis up for both MGI and MGII, one of the best ones yet, imo: http://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/analys ... showa.html
+1! Very good read!

I knew he had the flame launcher and the missiles from his neck, knees, toes, mouth, nose...everywhere. I had no idea specific ones had different properties. Instead of swapping ammunition types, you just have a dedicated launcher for a specific ammo type, makes sense in a combat situation. I heard rumors that his tail ( at the time, unspecified if blade or whole tail) can detach. Glad that was brought up a mentioned. :P

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Hey, it's our first mecha. No cyborg, no flesh and blood, just pure machine.

It seems like all the upgrades to MG2 were to compensate for it being rebuilt from an already damaged MG 1. You'll notice the Space Beams are a different color pallet in TOMG than in GvsMG, I'm willing to bet that's due to them being forced to replace the alien reactor with a normal earthling one, it probably made the rays weaker and they tried compensating for that with the stronger finger missiles.
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:I'm surprised there was no mention of the mouth beam he used as Fake Godzilla. I would have expected something in one of the cutaways, but there's nothing. But still, great analysis, very informative. So Mechagodzilla has a missile factory inside of it, and a spiral clip of missiles in it's arms. That explains why it just explodes like it did after being defeated.
It's possible the rays he uses as Fake Godzilla is a weapon attached to the skin and not Mechagodzilla himself. When the suit burned up, so did the machine attached to it.

Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Post by Billzilla1974 »

Living Corpse wrote:Hey, it's our first mecha. No cyborg, no flesh and blood, just pure machine.

It seems like all the upgrades to MG2 were to compensate for it being rebuilt from an already damaged MG 1. You'll notice the Space Beams are a different color pallet in TOMG than in GvsMG, I'm willing to bet that's due to them being forced to replace the alien reactor with a normal earthling one, it probably made the rays weaker and they tried compensating for that with the stronger finger missiles.
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:I'm surprised there was no mention of the mouth beam he used as Fake Godzilla. I would have expected something in one of the cutaways, but there's nothing. But still, great analysis, very informative. So Mechagodzilla has a missile factory inside of it, and a spiral clip of missiles in it's arms. That explains why it just explodes like it did after being defeated.
It's possible the rays he uses as Fake Godzilla is a weapon attached to the skin and not Mechagodzilla himself. When the suit burned up, so did the machine attached to it.
This is probably a flawed analysis on my part, but I always thought the yellow ray MG used as Fake Godzilla was the "Destro-Flame" coming from its nose, but that since the Fake Godzilla head is larger than MG's, its snout would be in the top of FG's mouth.
Also I didn't see any sort of downgrade in the power of MG2's eye beams, they still wreck entire city blocks and send Godzilla to his knees. I feel like the change in color was simply an aesthetic change because it was extremely difficult to animate those beams in the previous movie, perhaps dulling the colors would help make that job easier?
Never forget the Showa Era, R.I.P, Haruo Nakajima 8/7/2017. :g64:
Extra THICC!

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Billzilla1974 wrote: This is probably a flawed analysis on my part, but I always thought the yellow ray MG used as Fake Godzilla was the "Destro-Flame" coming from its nose, but that since the Fake Godzilla head is larger than MG's, its snout would be in the top of FG's mouth.
Also I didn't see any sort of downgrade in the power of MG2's eye beams, they still wreck entire city blocks and send Godzilla to his knees. I feel like the change in color was simply an aesthetic change because it was extremely difficult to animate those beams in the previous movie, perhaps dulling the colors would help make that job easier?
Maybe. Even the metal is a duller color, TOMG is pretty much Showa MG's swan song.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Awesome, Mechagodzilla was an interesting read.
Cant wait for the REALLY interesting Analysis's like the ones for...
Shin Godzilla
Kiryu
Iris
Orga
Legion
Dagarah
Burning Godzilla
Those will be fascinating for sure!
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Lain Of The Wired wrote: Orga
https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/analysis/orga.html
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:
That ones shitty AF :lol:
No cutaways?, I wanna know how he works

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:
That ones shitty AF :lol:
No cutaways?, I wanna know how he works
Pushing it Lain, calm down.

Maybe cutaways don't exist for Orga >.>

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

I'm pushing it by stating my opinion on a link? Pretty sure I'm allowed, especially when I only said one thing about it and then nothing else >.> And "calm down"? Didnt know I was being hostile, I even used the :lol: emoji
:eh:

Anyway, an analysis for Dogora would be cool too, or Gezora, it'd be neat just to see how much Yog altered the biology

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Lain Of The Wired wrote: No cutaways?, I wanna know how he works
Like my anus, his insides are just giant sphincters. That shoulder cannon? Just a giant anus that fires energy blasts.

Alien biology is weird.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Probably the wrong forum to note this, but in the absence of knowing the right one...

Dang, those Millenium Hedorah pics are awesome! I had no idea the redesign was that radical! Though I think I do actually prefer the showa design, this is a fascinating look at a little-glimpsed design in great clarity and detail, and wets the appetite even more for the Final Wars deleted scenes we're probably never getting. :) Great job, as always, on the unique images, TK!
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Zarm wrote:Probably the wrong forum to note this, but in the absence of knowing the right one...

Dang, those Millenium Hedorah pics are awesome! I had no idea the redesign was that radical! Though I think I do actually prefer the showa design, this is a fascinating look at a little-glimpsed design in great clarity and detail, and wets the appetite even more for the Final Wars deleted scenes we're probably never getting. :) Great job, as always, on the unique images, TK!
Not just the images, but the background information and trivia in the expanded Monster Bios are great. I can't wait for the day when every single one is updated.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

The 'Godzilla has gills' thread got locked so I'll throw this here. Anyway I found those blog posts with translations...
Tomoyuki Tanaka justifies the small holes for the suit actor to peer out of in the neck in his book as Godzilla’s aquatic breathing apparatuses, or gills:
“ この穴はゴジラが水中で呼吸する時のえらの穴だといわれている (These holes for Godzilla to breathe underwater are called gills) “
Also -
On the impervious of Godzilla’s hide, Tanaka writes: “ ゴジラの皮膚は、深海のものすごい水圧に耐えられるように、とても堅くてじょうぶだ。そのために、すぐ近くで水素爆弾が爆発しても生きのこることができた。Godzilla’s skin surface is very solid in order to withstand deep sea water pressure. For this reason, he survived the explosion of the hydrogen bomb in the immediate vicinity. “
http://spacehunter-m.tumblr.com/tagged/tomoyuki-tanaka

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Hmmm, I'd like to see an analysis of the Ultra's and Zone Fighter's insides, or the early Shin Forms