Site Errors (Ending 4/24/2011)

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.

Site Errors (Ending 4/24/2011)

Postby KaijuX » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:50 pm

I normally look at small details. VERY small details. Per say I couldn't really help but notice that there's a period at the end of Ikusagami's move list, going like "able to release a pulse attack.", even though it should really be "able to release a pulse attack"

That, and I'm not sure who's in charge of stat listing in the KWC section, but Megaguirus has a height of 50 meters and a weight of 70,000 tons?? If it was a hasty copy-paste situation going on, I could believe that. But could they at least be a length of 50 meters and a weight of 12,000 tons (her respective weight)? And as far as anyone else is concerned... Hmm... I think everything here is fine in the meantime. You have a good day. :)

EDIT: I'm sure there have been people that have mentioned this already, but let's not forget to change the "Added Match 93: Mechagodzilla® (Heisei) and Gigan (Millennium) vs. Kiryu and Ultramanto the K.W.C., thanks goes to Kenneth James for the match and Varan58 for the banner!"

to:

"Added Match 93: Mechagodzilla® (Heisei) and Gigan (Millennium) vs. Kiryu and Ultraman to the K.W.C., thanks goes to Kenneth James for the match and Goji_girl for the banner!"

For even Varan58 said about this situation.

Say, I have a question: who goes out and edits whatever we said? You or Miles? Or is it both of you?
TK's Resident Wumbo
Chris55 wrote:
Mr. X wrote:Well, it's officially 2014.

I celebrate because I survived another year.

Don't worry, I'll hire a better hit-man this year

UltramanGoji wrote:
kaiju_wars wrote:And is it just me, or have you been... Oh the word for it... Feisty, lately?

It's mating season for my species.
KaijuX
G-Force Lieutenant

Favourite Kaiju: Godzilla... Then everyone else.
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, but under the exosphere.

Re: Site Errors

Postby Kubo » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:58 am

Susa and Susa-a-no's bios are not in the updated format. That's just a small technicallity though, no big deal.
"Spooky Scary Skeletons!"

Kubo
Dead Man Walking

Geiger Counter

Mirror Counter

Postby Desolation MM » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:38 am

That's not Ultraman in the newest KWC match (Megalon vs. UM), it's Ultraman Jack.
Desolation MM
The Great One

Postby KaijuX » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:06 am

Monster Master wrote:That's not Ultraman in the newest KWC match (Megalon vs. UM), it's Ultraman Jack.

I noticed that myself. But I guess I can believe it since Jack WAS meant to be Ultraman, but due to copyright issues, the name was changed to Ultraman Jack. Hence given that the name for the Ultraman Jack series is called The Return of Ultraman.
TK's Resident Wumbo
Chris55 wrote:

UltramanGoji wrote:
kaiju_wars wrote:And is it just me, or have you been... Oh the word for it... Feisty, lately?

KaijuX
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Desolation MM » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:18 am

KaijuX wrote:
Monster Master wrote:That's not Ultraman in the newest KWC match (Megalon vs. UM), it's Ultraman Jack.

I noticed that myself. But I guess I can believe it since Jack WAS meant to be Ultraman, but due to copyright issues, the name was changed to Ultraman Jack. Hence given that the name for the Ultraman Jack series is called The Return of Ultraman.

Copyright issues?
No.

Hell, Ultraseven and the original Ultraman appear in the Jack series.
Desolation MM
The Great One

Postby KaijuX » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:28 pm

^ I think that's just a result of change. I'm not sure about it though, I just heard it was something with copyright.
TK's Resident Wumbo
Chris55 wrote:

UltramanGoji wrote:

KaijuX
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Desolation MM » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:00 pm

KaijuX wrote:^ I think that's just a result of change. I'm not sure about it though, I just heard it was something with copyright.

Well it's not true. Jack didn't even get the name Jack until the 1980's, and even then it wasn't offcial. Before that he was simply known as "New Ultraman."
Desolation MM
The Great One

Postby KaijuX » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:03 pm

Monster Master wrote:
KaijuX wrote:^ I think that's just a result of change. I'm not sure about it though, I just heard it was something with copyright.

Well it's not true. Jack didn't even get the name Jack until the 1980's, and even then it wasn't offcial. Before that he was simply known as "New Ultraman."

Really?! Wow, that I didn't know. Then things are now no longer starting to make sense, lol.
TK's Resident Wumbo
Chris55 wrote:

UltramanGoji wrote:

KaijuX
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby alienhulk2099  » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:38 pm

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4
12. Do not change the rules in the middle of a macth.

Pretty sure that's not how you spell "match". :P
Good to be back.
alienhulk2099 
EDF Soldier

Postby Desolation MM » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:37 pm

Legion1979 wrote:
Monster Master wrote:Well it's not true. Jack didn't even get the name Jack until the 1980's, and even then it wasn't offcial. Before that he was simply known as "New Ultraman."

Wasn't Jack a name created for merchandising? I've heard August state he doesn't want to call him "Jack" for that reason alone but considering official productions are actually calling him by that name I guess there's not much to argue with.

It may have been. I know in some of the later shows (Mebius, I believe) they finally started calling him Jack. It was also in one of the old movies, maybe the one with Hanuman. I'd have to watch that again to make sure.
Desolation MM
The Great One

Postby TokyoVigilante » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:29 am

On the tab for the Godzilla vs. Gigan page, it says "Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla"
“I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room.” - Ray Bradbury
TokyoVigilante
EDF Soldier

Postby KaijuX » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:28 pm

On Match 97, if you click on Frankenstein, you end up next to Kiryu. Also with Match 96, Megalon vs. Ultraman, there seems to be a \ mark at the end of one of the paragraphs.

"We are the successors of Nebula Space Hunter M! We recognize your reputation, warrior of Nebula M78. And with that we have nothing more to discuss." The King turned to leave.\

Though it should be:

"We are the successors of Nebula Space Hunter M! We recognize your reputation, warrior of Nebula M78. And with that we have nothing more to discuss." The King turned to leave.

And now that I'm here, I should might as well address the "DesGghidorah" issue in Match 56. Right before being vaporized by Legion, there's just an extra capital G in Desghidorah's name.
TK's Resident Wumbo
Chris55 wrote:

UltramanGoji wrote:

KaijuX
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Phazongoji » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:14 pm

I have noticed on Match 97: King Kong and Frankenstein vs. Kamacuras vs. Kumonga, On the 4th to the last paragraph, on the 2nd to last sentence, it says, "He tried her stinger, only for Kong to catch it.". Shouldn't it be, "He tried his stinger, only for Kong to catch it."?
Phazongoji
Young Farmer

Postby KaijuX » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:11 pm

The most recent update with Godzilla: Kingdom of Monsters has 2010 instead of 2011.
TK's Resident Wumbo
Chris55 wrote:

UltramanGoji wrote:

KaijuX
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Ethan » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:39 am

In the Godzilla vs. Megalon bio, footage listed from Rodan is actually from Mothra vs. Godzilla. Also, not much of an error but something worth mentioning of the bio is that shots of tanks melting from that film had Ghidorah's beams added in Godzilla vs. Gigan, which is also true to the refinery explosion from Godzilla vs. Hedorah.
"If only all garden variety fans had just one neck!"
Ethan
Futurian

Postby KaijuX » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:30 am

*cough*

I see that in the KWC Combatant Statistics that Iris is heavier than Legion, though from the actual stats provided by the site itself is that it's quite the opposite. What currently reads is that Iris is 84,000 tons and Legion is 65,000 tons. In their respective films, Legion is 600 tons (5x heavier than the 120 ton Gamera in that trilogy) and Iris is 199 tons. So for the case of Iris, he should be 65,000 tons. Legion should either be 84,000 tons or just 100,000 tons outright. As far as Legion's weight (from what I've provided) I don't care. Just as long as she is far heavier than Iris. Though the former (84,000) would actually make some sense, given that the weight is more Godzilla based and not Gamera based. That is all... For now. :twisted:

*cough*
TK's Resident Wumbo
Chris55 wrote:

UltramanGoji wrote:

KaijuX
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby OptimusPrimevs.g » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:24 pm

http://www.tohokingdom.com/news/2011/04-19_godzilla5_idw.html

The solicitations for Godzilla Kingdom of Monsters say they're for July, but on the release dates for both comics it says June.

IDW has released solicitations for July, 2011, and they continue the story in Kingdom of Monsters with the introduction of King Ghidorah. Gangsters & Goliaths also enters its second issue, with a focus on Mothra.

Please note, solicitations include some minor spoilers. Below are those solications.
Godzilla: Kingdom of Monsters #5
Release: June, 2011
Do you really think I'm that stupid?!
OptimusPrimevs.g
Samurai

Postby Arbok » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:40 am

Ethan wrote:In the Godzilla vs. Megalon bio, footage listed from Rodan is actually from Mothra vs. Godzilla. Also, not much of an error but something worth mentioning of the bio is that shots of tanks melting from that film had Ghidorah's beams added in Godzilla vs. Gigan, which is also true to the refinery explosion from Godzilla vs. Hedorah.

Its actually from The Mysterians, so the Rodan listing was still in error and thanks for that. The stock footage stuff can be somewhat hard to do. For years I was crediting a shot of a tank from Atragon, when in reality it originally came from Rodan...

Correct, the refinery scene is flipped (you can see the wording on the tank is backwards) and beams were added to the footage. In regards to footage with overlays, we still credit the original source.

Anyway, I'm locking this thread and making a new one as the topic got somewhat off ripped apart due to splintering the Sightings errors into their own thread.
If it bites... don't mess with it!
Arbok
Kingdom Mikado

Return to Comments, Suggestions, Submissions