Who Wants The Blacklist Option Back?

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.

Yes
80%
Neutral
20%
No
No votes

Total votes: 5

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

I think of all the features the forums has lost over the years the thread black-list option is honestly the largest. While I know it is somewhat against the point of a forum there are a few threads that I have no interest in reading routinely popping back up in the list

It would be a really nice QOL change to the site

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

UltramanGoji

Re: Who Wants The Blacklist Option Back?

Post by UltramanGoji »

I've been pushing for it for years. It's an absolutely vital part of this forum's experience.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Would someone care to explain this in detail? I'm not familiar with it and I'd bet the newer users here aren't either.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Terasawa wrote:Would someone care to explain this in detail? I'm not familiar with it and I'd bet the newer users here aren't either.
It was an option to essentially block threads from showing up on the site.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Terasawa wrote:Would someone care to explain this in detail? I'm not familiar with it and I'd bet the newer users here aren't either.
Exactly what Ultra said but to add on to it. There used to be a forum manager named Vega (Miles Imhoff), back when Vega was still in charge of the forum he installed a bunch of custom code and heavily upgraded the forums. Some of it was just fun cosmetic stuff like a Radioactive button that would give you a little forum symbol and animate your usertag with various colors or the games subsection. But the vast majority of his additions were incredibly useful settings such as the blacklist function

If for whatever reason you wanted to block say "Kaiju Fan Confessions" you could just press the blacklist option and it was gone. You could go in and remove the blacklist at any point if you wanted to see the thread again but until then it was as if it had never existed in the first place. It was a fantastic way to get away from threads that had turned overly sour. When he left the software the forums ran on would get updated and gradually the code he implemented ended up becoming outdated and broken due to a lack of maintenance

The forum has been stuck in Vanilla mode for ages, lacking pretty much all of the QOL benefits he installed or you could find to be standard on other forums. If there's any option that needs to return to this place first it has be the blacklist option
Last edited by ROMG4 on Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

I've been around these parts since the beginning ('03) so I'm aware of Vega. But I guess the blacklist and the rest of what you've described came during the period I wasn't very active here (2010-2015ish) cause I don't remember any of that. Ah well. Thanks for the explanations, fellas.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.