A question regarding photos

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.
Ashram52
Monarch Researcher

A question regarding photos

Post by Ashram52 »

Hey guys,

I have been having an ongoing issue with the photos in my topics dropping out. I'm not sure if they are corrupting, expiring or whatever, but periodically they will disappear and I'll see the little broken image icon in there place. In general they will be fine for a number of weeks and then when I'm looking back at stuff they are not working anymore.

I'm sure it's likely related to how I'm posting them. I'm not the most tech savvy person, so what I have been doing is just copying the photo's URLs from my Facebook albums and copying them in the topic. I was thinking about making an account on Photobuck and going that route instead to see if that will fix my issue.

Does anybody here think that will break my cycle of photo wack-o-mole?

The topic in question is going to be one that will be ongoing for quite a long time and will be elevated greatly by the presence of photos. I'm just getting a little tired of having to go back and re-posting the photos over and over again.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :D

EDIT:

I just figured out you have to pay to use Photobucket. Is there a more "cost effective" way to to insure my photos stay live on the site?
Last edited by Ashram52 on Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Custom Godzilla Modeler

UltramanGoji

Re: A question regarding photos

Post by UltramanGoji »

Make an account with Imgur. Free, easy to use, no limits, images never deleted.

Bandit Keith
Dupe Account... An American Dupe Account
Dupe Account... An American Dupe Account

Post by Bandit Keith »

imgbb is another option and it even can offer BBcodes automatically for the images you upload... in America.
Follows the rules... In America

Dr. Dupeler
Young Farmer

Post by Dr. Dupeler »

Photobucket used to be good, until some random pop up attacked me. To be honest, just avoid that place and let sink into the dark web.

DeviantArt used to be a good alternative via Stash, but ever since they changed their URL system, the resulting image url is far to long to fit. So no go. Other then imbb and imgur. A "cost effective" way if you don't mind the bit crunching of a jpg is Facebook. Same method just upload to a private folder and get the image url.

Ashram52
Monarch Researcher

Post by Ashram52 »

Thanks guys, I appreciate the advice.

I think I'll try my luck with imgur and see how it goes. I just want to be able to focus on putting out new content without having to constantly look over my shoulder to see if the old stuff is holding up ok. I need to be able to trust when I post a photo it's going to stay posted. I'm writing a story for the forum and the photos are a big part of it.

Anyhow, I'll get it all switched up tonight and have to look back from time to time to see if I'm having better luck with it.

Thanks again! :huge:

EDIT:

Ok, took a bit, but I redid every single photo. Hopefully that will do the trick. In case any of you were curious about the topic in question, it's called 'Tactical Assault' and it's in the art section.
Last edited by Ashram52 on Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Custom Godzilla Modeler