Like Button

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.

Like Button

Yes
20%
No
80%

Total votes: 10

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Like Button

Post by MikeSTZillak »

Should the fourms have a like button?
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Re: Like Button

Post by Maritonic »

I think the better way to do it would be like Reddit with up/down voting on the side of each post. Though, I'm not sure how that would really go if someone got barraged with endless downvotes.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Maritonic wrote:I think the better way to do it would be like Reddit with up/down voting on the side of each post. Though, I'm not sure how that would really go if someone got barraged with endless downvotes.
That would be worse than a like button. The Reddit up/downvote feature is inherently flawed and encourages downvoting just because you disagree with someone, not because they said something actually bad.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Maritonic wrote:I think the better way to do it would be like Reddit with up/down voting on the side of each post. Though, I'm not sure how that would really go if someone got barraged with endless downvotes.
That would be worse than a like button. The Reddit up/downvote feature is inherently flawed and encourages downvoting just because you disagree with someone, not because they said something actually bad.
Well yeah that's why I said I wasn't sure how it would go with the barrage of endless downvotes. But at least it's a bit more on an even playing field.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

MorgansTShirt
Samurai

Post by MorgansTShirt »

I don't see any point in a like button, and I don't think they're very healthy for people who spend a lot of time obsessing over their status and appearance on social media.
Last edited by MorgansTShirt on Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.