Site Outage (9/21-9/23)

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.
Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Site Outage (9/21-9/23)

Post by Arbok »

Starting Friday and lasting most of the weekend, the site suffered its worst outage in a decade... possibly ever if we discount past host migrations.

The issue was caused by our host, and was widespread way beyond us. Thankfully we were one of the first to get service back, as others have a projection as late as Wednesday. That said, it still took over two full days to occur. Initially the site recovered but had issues with the forums. Those issues should now be resolved, but please bring to my attention if any overt problems occur. There is a large chance that posts were lost that occurred right before the outage last Friday. I am sorry for that.

Furthermore, apologies to everyone for the outage, resulted in late nights all around (and almost no sleep for the host). Will be making a formal statement about this on the front of the site during tonight's update.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

UltramanGoji

Re: Site Outage (9/21-9/23)

Post by UltramanGoji »

Out of your hands, Arbok. Don’t worry about it. Thanks for letting us know what happened.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

At least you didn't get hacked again.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:At least you didn't get hacked again.
Silver lining, I suppose.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Well glad to be finally back. :D

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Arbok wrote:Starting Friday and lasting most of the weekend, the site suffered its worst outage in a decade... possibly ever if we discount past host migrations.

The issue was caused by our host, and was widespread way beyond us. Thankfully we were one of the first to get service back, as others have a projection as late as Wednesday. That said, it still took over two full days to occur. Initially the site recovered but had issues with the forums. Those issues should now be resolved, but please bring to my attention if any overt problems occur. There is a large chance that posts were lost that occurred right before the outage last Friday. I am sorry for that.

Furthermore, apologies to everyone for the outage, resulted in late nights all around (and almost no sleep for the host). Will be making a formal statement about this on the front of the site during tonight's update.
I just noticed that several replies were removed from my post Looking for Total mystery: King Kong Meets Frankenstein?. If they could be found and restored, that would be great.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

mikelcho wrote:
Arbok wrote:Starting Friday and lasting most of the weekend, the site suffered its worst outage in a decade... possibly ever if we discount past host migrations.

I just noticed that several replies were removed from my post Looking for Total mystery: King Kong Meets Frankenstein?. If they could be found and restored, that would be great.
It's not gonna happen. They've been deleted.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

UltramanGoji wrote:
mikelcho wrote:

It's not gonna happen. They've been deleted.
Okay, thanks for telling me.