Return of the Blacklist Feature

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.
UltramanGoji

Return of the Blacklist Feature

Post by UltramanGoji »

Reading up on old forum drama popped this idea back into my head.

If you don't remember, the Blacklist Thread feature was implemented back around 2015/16 and allowed a user to hide any thread from their "View Your Posts" page, which is one of the ways users like myself navigate the forums. It was a great asset that helped users permanently remove themselves from a thread that they no longer had any interest in without notifying a moderator or admin to delete all the posts in that thread.

Ever since the forums update, this feature has been removed. I was curious if there was ever going to be a replacement or reintroduction for this feature in the future. I understand there are far more pressing matters at hand (such as the currently inaccessible PMs system or avatar page), but I was just curious if it's at least possible in the near future.

Thanks!
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Re: Return of the Blacklist Feature

Post by SpaceG92 »

UltramanGoji wrote:Reading up on old forum drama popped this idea back into my head.

If you don't remember, the Blacklist Thread feature was implemented back around 2015/16 and allowed a user to hide any thread from their "View Your Posts" page, which is one of the ways users like myself navigate the forums. It was a great asset that helped users permanently remove themselves from a thread that they no longer had any interest in without notifying a moderator or admin to delete all the posts in that thread.

Ever since the forums update, this feature has been removed. I was curious if there was ever going to be a replacement or reintroduction for this feature in the future. I understand there are far more pressing matters at hand (such as the currently inaccessible PMs system or avatar page), but I was just curious if it's at least possible in the near future.

Thanks!
The blacklist feature was part of the old PHP modification systems, fittingly called "mods". When the forum upgrades to the newer PHP version, Mods were no longer supported and was replaced with a new format called, extensions. Some mods were converted to extensions and some weren't - such as the beloved quoted images to url that I miss so.

It could be floating around but I do not remember seeing it. I'll keep my eyes open -