Discussion: Main Site Updates

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.
Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Re: Discussion: Main Site Updates

Post by Arbok »

Grimlock#1 wrote:So are future monster bio updates going to be just Zone Fighter-related up until they're done or will there be an occasional movie or even anime monster bio updated in between the ZF monsters?
As today's King Caesar should show, still the occasional movie or other one.

If people want an anime monster bio, I could go random and do one... although not sure how much traffic it would get.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

The name of this design was never actually given its own, “Always-Goji” and “Sunset-Goji” are both names fans have become accustomed to using for this version of the King of the Monsters.
http://www.tohokingdom.com/articles/201 ... .html#2007

According to SciFi Japan, its nickname is 'Third Street Godzilla (San-Chome Goji).'

Is this the right thread for this sort of thing... ?

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

I've been going through the monster bios for years now, and I'm a little surprised there's no pages devoted to the creation of the monster suits themselves...
There's been extensive information released in various books about the designing process and history of the various Toho daikaiju suits, so hopefully someone can translate that info and utilize it here.
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I dig the updates to one of my favorite articles, Godzilla Through The Ages. And I like the writing style of the Legendary-Goji entry as well, weaving int he sense of portent and excitement that the redesign and rebirth of the franchise carried along with the factual information on the changes. Very nicely written!
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Zarm wrote:I dig the updates to one of my favorite articles, Godzilla Through The Ages. And I like the writing style of the Legendary-Goji entry as well, weaving int he sense of portent and excitement that the redesign and rebirth of the franchise carried along with the factual information on the changes. Very nicely written!
Why thank you. :D

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Grimlock#1
Monsterland Worker

Post by Grimlock#1 »

MM Raids Again wrote:
Zarm wrote:I dig the updates to one of my favorite articles, Godzilla Through The Ages. And I like the writing style of the Legendary-Goji entry as well, weaving int he sense of portent and excitement that the redesign and rebirth of the franchise carried along with the factual information on the changes. Very nicely written!
Why thank you. :D
Yeah, I was wondering when that article was ever going to get updated again. It's a really neat one, and it's pointed out so many little things I didn't notice or pay much attention to about the Godzilla suits and his Atomic Ray before now (like the Heisei Godzilla rays; I always thought they looked the same from 1991-1994, but there's subtle differences between them in each movie).
Last edited by Grimlock#1 on Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Operator, give me the number for 911!"
Space Hunter M wrote:Ah, you and your corns. Great. When you and the MUTO meet, be sure you tell him all about your corn problems.
"MECHAGGGGGGGGGGGGG!"

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Just finished Lionheat- that was a great comic! Kudos the creator!
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

Don't know if this is the right place to inform about this, but here goes:

The Ikiru Blu-ray review that was added a while back still isn't showing up on the main Blu-rays page.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Grimlock#1
Monsterland Worker

Post by Grimlock#1 »

G-Matt wrote:Don't know if this is the right place to inform about this, but here goes:
The Ikiru Blu-ray review that was added a while back still isn't showing up on the main Blu-rays page.
There really isn't a main topic for this sort of thing, at least none that I've seen (if I'm wrong, please post a link to the topic and bump it so others will know where to properly post things like this). Your best bet is to just make a topic about it in order for the higher ups to see right away whenever they come here.

Anyways, seems like the Pokemon Halloween spirit has made it to this site xD
Space Hunter M wrote:Ah, you and your corns. Great. When you and the MUTO meet, be sure you tell him all about your corn problems.
"MECHAGGGGGGGGGGGGG!"

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

G-Matt wrote:Don't know if this is the right place to inform about this, but here goes:

Pardon the belated reply, but finally got the link up on the page. Thanks for the heads-up! :) I could've sworn there was a main site errors thread, but mentioning here or making a separate topic for it would be just fine.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

In the Wonderful Day For A Godzilla Sandwhich review, the opening paragraph is duplicated, apparently with an earlier draft first, then a more refined one giving translator-helper names following on afterward.

I dig these reviews, btw!

EDIT: Although this one is extremely depressing. :)
Last edited by Zarm on Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maranatha!

Grimlock#1
Monsterland Worker

Post by Grimlock#1 »

I highly enjoyed the new Lost Project that was posted today. They're probably tied with new/updated Monster Bios in terms of my favorite kinds of updates. I still can't believe that Godzilla was considered for placement in the Yamato Takeru trilogy.
Last edited by Grimlock#1 on Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"MECHAGGGGGGGGGGGGG!"

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Can we get a bio of all the Godzilla/kaiju suits, their names, history, and highlighted changes/modifications throughout the years?
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:Can we get a bio of all the Godzilla/kaiju suits, their names, history, and highlighted changes/modifications throughout the years?
You mean like this? :)
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

GigaBowserG wrote:
PitchBlackProgress wrote:Can we get a bio of all the Godzilla/kaiju suits, their names, history, and highlighted changes/modifications throughout the years?
That, only done for all the Toho kaiju, Rodan, Anguirus, Ghidrah, etc.
#slatternking

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:
GigaBowserG wrote:
That, only done for all the Toho kaiju, Rodan, Anguirus, Ghidrah, etc.
Already planing on that once I finish up all the Godzilla incarnations.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

When you go to the new Pokemon: Jirachi Wish Maker bio and click on Mewtwo in the Monsters it takes you to the Godzilla (1998) bio.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

GigabowserG wrote:quote for notification
Arbok wrote:quote for notification
Per the December 19, 2017 update in revamping the Anime Monster Bio's in the Anime section. The newly updated image does not display properly. Big X. Tested on Chrome and IE.
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

UltimateDitto wrote:When you go to the new Pokemon: Jirachi Wish Maker bio and click on Mewtwo in the Monsters it takes you to the Godzilla (1998) bio.
SpaceG92 wrote:Per the December 19, 2017 update in revamping the Anime Monster Bio's in the Anime section. The newly updated image does not display properly. Big X. Tested on Chrome and IE.
Thanks! Anthony got both of 'em :)
/crawls back under rock

Grimlock#1
Monsterland Worker

Post by Grimlock#1 »

Regarding the Pokemon monster bios, will all Pokemon featured in the movies get a bio or will it just be the legendaries (or in Meta Groudon's case, mock legendaries) and mythicals? It might be a dumb question to some, but seeing as how we've only had Mewtwo and Mew for the longest time, and now Meta Groudon was added, I thought I'd ask.
Last edited by Grimlock#1 on Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"MECHAGGGGGGGGGGGGG!"