Discussion: Main Site Updates

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Re: Discussion: Main Site Updates

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Just wanted to take the time to say real quick since I've finally gotten around to looking at a lot of the updated ZF stats that while I did supply the roars, power pictures/descriptions and most of the histories (Barakidon I did not), the primary images and trivia sections are not from myself.

Not a fan of taking credit for stuff I didn't do.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

All of the cut content updates are really cool. Keep it up!
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

https://www.tohokingdom.com/articles/20 ... ation.html

HUGE thanks to Giga for this bad boy, really made my day. Absolutely fun read if you can read draft script's that is :P

They make out Bagan to be a brutal fighter - I wonder if any more draft scripts for the other Bagan films are floating around...
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

My apologies if this isn't the right thread to ask this, but why is the MonsterVerse incarnation of King Kong's mass listed as 150 tons instead of 158 tons?

https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/king_ ... verse.html

Was this intentional or just a typo?

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Today I learned that women in Japan are expected to give chocolate to the guys, not the other way around.

Imagine that, getting treated by your lady friend on Valentine's, I know I would feel weird. :lol:
Last edited by UltimateDitto on Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

UltimateDitto wrote:Today I learned that women in Japan are expected to give chocolate to the guys, not the other way around.

Imagine that, getting treated by your lady friend on Valentine's, I know I would feel weird. :lol:
A. Why is this on Main Site Updates?
B. Valentine's Day is kinda supposed to be a two-way street, not just the guy showering the lady in gifts.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Maritonic wrote:
UltimateDitto wrote:Today I learned that women in Japan are expected to give chocolate to the guys, not the other way around.

B. Valentine's Day is kinda supposed to be a two-way street, not just the guy showering the lady in gifts.
I'm referring to the Godzilla chocolate blog update.

Yeah, I know, but I've never really expected for people to give me things in general ya know? I never wanted to come off as greedy I guess, eh, I dunno. :lol:
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

I ♡ Image

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

UltimateDitto wrote:
Maritonic wrote:

I'm referring to the Godzilla chocolate blog update.

Yeah, I know, but I've never really expected for people to give me things in general ya know? I never wanted to come off as greedy I guess, eh, I dunno. :lol:
Ah, I see. Makes sense.

No, I get you. I was more referring to you're mention of being treated by your lady friend on Valentine's.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

^Ah, I was just making a joke, I am still single. But thanks for the advice Maritonic, looks like I still got much to learn about relationships and stuff. :thumbsup:

Added in 4 minutes 39 seconds:
And Happy Valentine's day! :)

I ♡ Image

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

UltimateDitto wrote:^Ah, I was just making a joke, I am still single. But thanks for the advice Maritonic, looks like I still got much to learn about relationships and stuff. :thumbsup:

Added in 4 minutes 39 seconds:
And Happy Valentine's day! :)
Look at it this way, my friend. She may be your valentine, but you are supposed to be hers as well (assuming y'all are in a relationship of course).

My wife got me Reptilicus on blu ray today. Haha. Not saying not to spoil your woman, but she should be showing you some love too.

*gets off soap box*

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Still really enjoying all the scrapped concepts for what eventually became GvD. They were coming up with some real off-the-wall stuff.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

I do like the interviews with guys like Ed G, Steve Ryfle and David Kalat on the main site but I've noticed a predictable trend when it comes to thoughts on the newer films. It's not troubling exactly, and I get if the movies simply weren't for them, but I think their general lack of interest in them leads to some pretty poor/lazy assessments.

Take this from the Galbraith interview, playing down Shin Godzilla's success -
Not having seen it, I can’t really say with any authority. From what I’ve read, though, Toho seems to have marketed that film much more aggressively than many of the earlier Millennium films, and it’s also packed with a cross-section of “talent” from pop culture Japan, so maybe those were big factors. I know some have read a resurgence of Japanese nationalism in that film, but until I see it, I can’t really comment on whether that might also have been a factor.
I won't quote any of them but several comments in Erik Homenick's interview come across a little petulant.

Wasn't sure where to put any of this but I thought it was worth noting. I prefer the classic films in a lot of ways too, but I feel their approach to contemporary stuff is kind of skewed I guess?

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I have seen few reviewers whose approach to at least one era- be it Showa, Heisei, Millenium, Shin, or Monsterverse (sometimes even just any films that do/don't have one particular creative team or individual) isn't skewed by some kind of bias that either discounts its successes to denigrate it, or discounts the successes of other eras to elevate it. It seems we all have our fairly-petulant little favorites and biases in this fandom... :)
Last edited by Zarm on Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Just want to clarify I'm not trying to take anything away from these guys, I respect what they do a lot, but it'll be interesting to see what the next batch of Japanese sci-fi historians have to say about the current crop of films.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Rather interesting April Fools joke. At least it isn’t obnoxious and over the top. Actually pretty funny too.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Gotta' say, reading through that, I was actually disappointed they weren't made and fully fooled for about three minutes before realizing today is April 1st and the update was labeled March 32.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Grimlock#1
Monsterland Worker

Post by Grimlock#1 »

MM Raids Again wrote:Gotta' say, reading through that, I was actually disappointed they weren't made
I felt the exact same way. Quite a few of those were interesting plots and it'd have been neat if some actually got made.
"Operator, give me the number for 911!"
Space Hunter M wrote:Ah, you and your corns. Great. When you and the MUTO meet, be sure you tell him all about your corn problems.
"MECHAGGGGGGGGGGGGG!"

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

https://www.tohokingdom.com/articles/d20/destoroyah.htm
Most dastardly of all the groups who worship Destoroyah is the Red Maw, who have perfected the creation of the torture scaffold. This collection of sociopaths includes misogynists, feminists, racists, and bigots bound together by hatred. They believe that blood and pain feed Destoroyah’s power, and so they strive to be his greatest mortal worshippers. Ruled by the strongest among them, they terrorise and destroy all who stand in their way. Like their god, they have no allies, and warfare between them and the other religious orders of the kaiju pantheon is fierce and bloody.
The proper word for one who hates men is a misandrist.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Who remembers FEMINIST POISON

Added in 3 days 58 minutes 8 seconds:
And there it is.
Last edited by tbeasley on Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

tbeasley wrote:Who remembers FEMINIST POISON

Added in 3 days 58 minutes 8 seconds:
And there it is.
Jesus christ.