Add Showa Godzilla Gills to Bio

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.
King of the Monsters
Monarch Researcher

Re: Add Showa Godzilla Gills to Bio

Post by King of the Monsters »

Every film-used Godzilla design, excluding 2014 and Shin, has an official nickname used in some official source. The Anime Godzilla might too, since all of the Godzilla Anime Twitter posts are tagged with "#AniGoji."
Bureaucrat on Wikizilla. No, not Gojipedia.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

King of the Monsters wrote:Every film-used Godzilla design, excluding 2014 and Shin, has an official nickname used in some official source. The Anime Godzilla might too, since all of the Godzilla Anime Twitter posts are tagged with "#AniGoji."
Pretty much all the Godzilla incarnations in Godzilla Kaiju Collection used the abbreviated nicknames (Godzilla 2014 lacks one here, but he's referred to as "GareGoji" [ギャレゴジ] in Tokusatsu Hiho).
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

King of the Monsters
Monarch Researcher

Post by King of the Monsters »

Wow, I didn't know there was a source that actually gave G14 a nickname. I've seen "RejeGoji" and "GareGoji" used a lot by Japanese fans online, but never in an official source.
Bureaucrat on Wikizilla. No, not Gojipedia.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

King of the Monsters wrote:Wow, I didn't know there was a source that actually gave G14 a nickname. I've seen "RejeGoji" and "GareGoji" used a lot by Japanese fans online, but never in an official source.
Doesn't mean we should use "RejeGoji" :P That nickname in particular has me nettled. The movie was an American production, why are we giving it a "weeaboo" nickname. To fit in with the rest I guess, but still - come on. Just like putting the number after Goji, 16Goji. I've NEVER seen anyone call it that from the states, always Godzilla 2016 or G16 - something along those lines. I know its a foreign thing but muh American ways says it's wrong :lol: ~ I'm getting off topic.

Any hoozles, this thread has served its purpose - and has went off topic for a bit too long. Locking D: