Add Showa Godzilla Gills to Bio

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.
User avatar
LamangoKaijura
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3144
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:47 pm

Add Showa Godzilla Gills to Bio

Postby LamangoKaijura » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:18 am

When will Showa Godzilla's gills be added to his bio page?
Image
It says so in this book by Tomoyuki.
Image

User avatar
SpaceG92
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager
Posts: 8935
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:33 am
Location: Southern California
Contact:

Re: Add Showa Godzilla Gills to Bio

Postby SpaceG92 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:30 pm

LamangoKaijura wrote:When will Showa Godzilla's gills be added to his bio page?

It says so in this book by Tomoyuki.

This has nothing to do with commonly asked questions, I have split the post and formed its own topic.

If you can translate the page into English correctly (or get someone who can), provide the ICD number from the book this was sourced from so we can properly source then you can send the information to Gigabowser or Arbok for review. Its up to them from there.

User avatar
GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President
Posts: 4742
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:25 am

Re: Add Showa Godzilla Gills to Bio

Postby GigaBowserG » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:25 pm

SpaceG92 wrote:If you can translate the page into English correctly (or get someone who can), provide the ICD number from the book this was sourced from so we can properly source then you can send the information to Gigabowser or Arbok for review. Its up to them from there.


This. I've seen the pic floating around, but never got to checking up a source. If you know what book it's from, you can send the info my way or to Anthony. Luckily the Showa Godzilla was recently updated, so it'd be an easy add :)
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada

/crawls back under rock

User avatar
LamangoKaijura
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3144
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:47 pm

Re: Add Showa Godzilla Gills to Bio

Postby LamangoKaijura » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:20 pm

GigaBowserG wrote:
SpaceG92 wrote:If you can translate the page into English correctly (or get someone who can), provide the ICD number from the book this was sourced from so we can properly source then you can send the information to Gigabowser or Arbok for review. Its up to them from there.


This. I've seen the pic floating around, but never got to checking up a source. If you know what book it's from, you can send the info my way or to Anthony. Luckily the Showa Godzilla was recently updated, so it'd be an easy add :)

It's from a Tomoyuki book. I'll check with the GojiWiki on the official title when I'm not freaking out.
Edit:
"According to the informational book Definitive Edition Godzilla Introduction, written by Tomoyuki Tanaka, the small holes located on the front of the Showa Godzilla's neck are gills, which allow him to breathe underwater."
The 14th version of said book.
Image

User avatar
GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President
Posts: 4742
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:25 am

Re: Add Showa Godzilla Gills to Bio

Postby GigaBowserG » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:39 pm

LamangoKaijura wrote:It's from a Tomoyuki book. I'll check with the GojiWiki on the official title when I'm not freaking out.
Edit:
"According to the informational book Definitive Edition Godzilla Introduction, written by Tomoyuki Tanaka, the small holes located on the front of the Showa Godzilla's neck are gills, which allow him to breathe underwater."
The 14th version of said book.


Hey, sorry it took so long to get back! Managed to snag a copy of the book, and it turns out the bit of the holes being gills is indeed true :) But that's just the tip of the iceberg! There's tons of really interesting notes for a lot of monsters. Going to have to jot down a lot of these for later. For instance, Godzilla's tail being similar to a spring (it's how he pounces at King Ghidorah on Planet X), Mothra's body emitting a "mysterious gas" that makes her immune to radiation, Gabara's venom-covered green skin, King Caesar's floppy ears being used for intimidation, and the moon-crested horn on Showa King Ghidorah is a "telepathic horn" solely used for him to search for planets with living things to eradicate!
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada

/crawls back under rock

User avatar
tbeasley
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 776
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:28 pm
Location: the tbunker

Re: Add Showa Godzilla Gills to Bio

Postby tbeasley » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:23 pm

Wish I could find the post but someone on tumblr shared a bit about Godzilla's impenetrable hide on the surface helps him adapt to intense pressures under the ocean.
~ Tyler

Exterminate all rational thought.

User avatar
LamangoKaijura
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3144
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:47 pm

Re: Add Showa Godzilla Gills to Bio

Postby LamangoKaijura » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:23 pm

I wish TK bio writers would use official sources. Same with other sites.
Image

User avatar
SpaceG92
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager
Posts: 8935
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:33 am
Location: Southern California
Contact:

Re: Add Showa Godzilla Gills to Bio

Postby SpaceG92 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:01 pm

LamangoKaijura wrote:I wish TK bio writers would use official sources. Same with other sites.

Got the time to translate them, the money to obtain them and give them to someone who writes the bios?

What denotes an offical source, just because it was published? What happens when multiple offical sources contradict each other?
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
MM Raids Again
Futurian
Posts: 1669
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:27 pm

Re: Add Showa Godzilla Gills to Bio

Postby MM Raids Again » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:03 pm

LamangoKaijura wrote:I wish TK bio writers would use official sources. Same with other sites.


How are the Wikis using any sources at all since I closed down the Monster Archives?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Did you miss me?

User avatar
LamangoKaijura
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3144
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:47 pm

Re: Add Showa Godzilla Gills to Bio

Postby LamangoKaijura » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:17 pm

SpaceG92 wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:I wish TK bio writers would use official sources. Same with other sites.

Got the time to translate them, the money to obtain them and give them to someone who writes the bios?

What denotes an offical source, just because it was published? What happens when multiple offical sources contradict each other?

Written by Tomoyuki Tanaka for one.
MM Raids Again wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:I wish TK bio writers would use official sources. Same with other sites.


How are the Wikis using any sources at all since I closed down the Monster Archives?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, the wikis have gotten better bios now, and better spelling, and better pictures since you closed down. :huge:
Image

User avatar
MM Raids Again
Futurian
Posts: 1669
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:27 pm

Re: Add Showa Godzilla Gills to Bio

Postby MM Raids Again » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:50 pm

Lamango wrote:Yeah, the wikis have gotten better bios now, and better spelling, and better pictures since you closed down. :huge:


Yeah. It has to be really difficult to spend weekly allowances on books you can't read, scan the images and then plug the Japanese text in a translating app.
Last edited by MM Raids Again on Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Did you miss me?

User avatar
LamangoKaijura
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3144
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:47 pm

Re: Add Showa Godzilla Gills to Bio

Postby LamangoKaijura » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:10 pm

MM Raids Again wrote:
Lamango wrote:Yeah, the wikis have gotten better bios now, and better spelling, and better pictures since you closed down. :huge:


Yeah. It has to be really difficult to spend weekly allowances on books you can't read, scan the images and then plug the Japanese text in a translating app.

Funny you mention it. Cause someone apparently owns this book that is a staff member. Really clonks your coconuts, huh?
Image

User avatar
MM Raids Again
Futurian
Posts: 1669
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:27 pm

Re: Add Showa Godzilla Gills to Bio

Postby MM Raids Again » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:13 am

LamangoKaijura wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:
Lamango wrote:Yeah, the wikis have gotten better bios now, and better spelling, and better pictures since you closed down. :huge:


Yeah. It has to be really difficult to spend weekly allowances on books you can't read, scan the images and then plug the Japanese text in a translating app.

Funny you mention it. Cause someone apparently owns this book that is a staff member. Really clonks your coconuts, huh?


Not really. Mainly because he doesn't just translate the books and put them up online word-for-word.
Did you miss me?

User avatar
LamangoKaijura
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3144
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:47 pm

Re: Add Showa Godzilla Gills to Bio

Postby LamangoKaijura » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:15 pm

MM Raids Again wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:
Yeah. It has to be really difficult to spend weekly allowances on books you can't read, scan the images and then plug the Japanese text in a translating app.

Funny you mention it. Cause someone apparently owns this book that is a staff member. Really clonks your coconuts, huh?


Not really. Mainly because he doesn't just translate the books and put them up online word-for-word.

Don't need to do word for word, do you? You just translate the ones no one knows yet. Like Ghidorah's crescent moon having telepathy powers.
Image

User avatar
MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5431
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:02 pm
Location: Black Hole Planet 3
Contact:

Re: Add Showa Godzilla Gills to Bio

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:47 pm

Interesting stuff. If its by Tanaka then we should go by it. KG's cresent horn having telepathy life finding powers is neat.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

User avatar
MM Raids Again
Futurian
Posts: 1669
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:27 pm

Re: Add Showa Godzilla Gills to Bio

Postby MM Raids Again » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:52 pm

LamangoKaijura wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:Funny you mention it. Cause someone apparently owns this book that is a staff member. Really clonks your coconuts, huh?


Not really. Mainly because he doesn't just translate the books and put them up online word-for-word.

Don't need to do word for word, do you? You just translate the ones no one knows yet. Like Ghidorah's crescent moon having telepathy powers.


Or Gigan's flamethrower ability or Showa MechaGodzilla's multiple missile types and Unisot? Or King Caesar actually being a golem? How about Hedorah actually having internal organs?

Your sources are much of the same sources that TK has. Yeah, the Wikis can get the info up easier because, you know, it's a Wiki. The big downside of it being a Wiki? Yeah, that it's a Wiki. Last time I checked (which I admit, was months ago), ya'll had the same G:TS bios that were swiped directly from the MA.

And let's not even start with the "design titles" or whatever the Wikis give kaiju. "ShodaiMeganura." "RaishuTirano." :lol:
http://wikizilla.org/wiki/ShodaiMeganura
http://wikizilla.org/wiki/RaishuTirano

For your "accurate sources" for such basic information as the design names/titles ya'll list, they sure are source-less.
Last edited by MM Raids Again on Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Did you miss me?

User avatar
Gerdzerl
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3427
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:16 pm
Location: Inside an 80's neon space station in high orbit
Contact:

Re: Add Showa Godzilla Gills to Bio

Postby Gerdzerl » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:35 am

MM Raids Again wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:
Not really. Mainly because he doesn't just translate the books and put them up online word-for-word.

Don't need to do word for word, do you? You just translate the ones no one knows yet. Like Ghidorah's crescent moon having telepathy powers.


Or Gigan's flamethrower ability or Showa MechaGodzilla's multiple missile types and Unisot? Or King Caesar actually being a golem? How about Hedorah actually having internal organs?

Your sources are much of the same sources that TK has. Yeah, the Wikis can get the info up easier because, you know, it's a Wiki. The big downside of it being a Wiki? Yeah, that it's a Wiki. Last time I checked (which I admit, was months ago), ya'll had the same G:TS bios that were swiped directly from the MA.

And let's not even start with the "design titles" or whatever the Wikis give kaiju. "ShodaiMeganura." "RaishuTirano." :lol:
http://wikizilla.org/wiki/ShodaiMeganura
http://wikizilla.org/wiki/RaishuTirano

For your "accurate sources" for such basic information as the design names/titles ya'll list, they sure are source-less.


To be fair, the site's recently started to crackdown on removing non-Godzilla design names and plagiarized bios/plot summaries. It's a work-in-progress, for sure, but it'll all be fixed by us soon enough.

User avatar
LamangoKaijura
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3144
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:47 pm

Re: Add Showa Godzilla Gills to Bio

Postby LamangoKaijura » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:28 pm

MM Raids Again wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:
Not really. Mainly because he doesn't just translate the books and put them up online word-for-word.

Don't need to do word for word, do you? You just translate the ones no one knows yet. Like Ghidorah's crescent moon having telepathy powers.


Or Gigan's flamethrower ability or Showa MechaGodzilla's multiple missile types and Unisot? Or King Caesar actually being a golem? How about Hedorah actually having internal organs?

Your sources are much of the same sources that TK has. Yeah, the Wikis can get the info up easier because, you know, it's a Wiki. The big downside of it being a Wiki? Yeah, that it's a Wiki. Last time I checked (which I admit, was months ago), ya'll had the same G:TS bios that were swiped directly from the MA.

And let's not even start with the "design titles" or whatever the Wikis give kaiju. "ShodaiMeganura." "RaishuTirano." :lol:
http://wikizilla.org/wiki/ShodaiMeganura
http://wikizilla.org/wiki/RaishuTirano

For your "accurate sources" for such basic information as the design names/titles ya'll list, they sure are source-less.

A lot of the suits are fan named, dum dum.
Image

User avatar
MM Raids Again
Futurian
Posts: 1669
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:27 pm

Re: Add Showa Godzilla Gills to Bio

Postby MM Raids Again » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:15 pm

LamangoKaijura wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:Don't need to do word for word, do you? You just translate the ones no one knows yet. Like Ghidorah's crescent moon having telepathy powers.


Or Gigan's flamethrower ability or Showa MechaGodzilla's multiple missile types and Unisot? Or King Caesar actually being a golem? How about Hedorah actually having internal organs?

Your sources are much of the same sources that TK has. Yeah, the Wikis can get the info up easier because, you know, it's a Wiki. The big downside of it being a Wiki? Yeah, that it's a Wiki. Last time I checked (which I admit, was months ago), ya'll had the same G:TS bios that were swiped directly from the MA.

And let's not even start with the "design titles" or whatever the Wikis give kaiju. "ShodaiMeganura." "RaishuTirano." :lol:
http://wikizilla.org/wiki/ShodaiMeganura
http://wikizilla.org/wiki/RaishuTirano

For your "accurate sources" for such basic information as the design names/titles ya'll list, they sure are source-less.

A lot of the suits are fan named, dum dum.


Sounds like a legit source.
Did you miss me?

User avatar
LamangoKaijura
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3144
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:47 pm

Re: Add Showa Godzilla Gills to Bio

Postby LamangoKaijura » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:02 pm

The only suits that received official names were SOME of the Godzilla suits. Not all of them.
Image


Return to “Comments, Suggestions and Submissions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest