Windows 10 error with this site?

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.
Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Windows 10 error with this site?

Postby Grunkle Sans » Tue May 16, 2017 5:57 pm

Ever since I got a windows 10 computer I've had some problems with the site, sometimes when I click my notifications it'll give me a Windows 10 stop code/blue screen of death or sometimes a thread page will load halfway and if I hit F5 to refresh it'll give me it. I've installed updates and such and still no luck.. Could it be something to do with the theme I'm using (I use the Godzilla '54 theme).
Bluescreen looks similar to this:
Spoiler:
"Always be wary of people who use quotes. I don't know who said that." - Murdoc

:gigan:

SpaceG92
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Re: Windows 10 error with this site?

Postby SpaceG92 » Tue May 16, 2017 8:07 pm

Grunkle Sans wrote:Ever since I got a windows 10 computer I've had some problems with the site, ---

Simple, stop using Windows 10 :P

I don't think it's the site, next time it happens or if you remember an approximate time and date of when the crash happened, you can open up the Windows Error Logs / Windows Event Viewer and see what caused the blue screen. MOST of the time it'll log it and you just go from there. Sometimes it could be a faulty update causing a problem, so a rollback or a re-install of updates can fix the problem. If you find something fishy within the Event Logs, go do some sleuthing around on the Microsoft website for a solution.

It can range from your web browser, virus, faulty updates, bad cache or incompatible coding. /shrug

Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Re: Windows 10 error with this site?

Postby Grunkle Sans » Wed May 17, 2017 2:49 am

SpaceG92 wrote:
Grunkle Sans wrote:Ever since I got a windows 10 computer I've had some problems with the site, ---

Simple, stop using Windows 10 :P

I don't think it's the site, next time it happens or if you remember an approximate time and date of when the crash happened, you can open up the Windows Error Logs / Windows Event Viewer and see what caused the blue screen. MOST of the time it'll log it and you just go from there. Sometimes it could be a faulty update causing a problem, so a rollback or a re-install of updates can fix the problem. If you find something fishy within the Event Logs, go do some sleuthing around on the Microsoft website for a solution.

It can range from your web browser, virus, faulty updates, bad cache or incompatible coding. /shrug

Right, thanks!
"Always be wary of people who use quotes. I don't know who said that." - Murdoc

:gigan:

Return to “Comments, Suggestions and Submissions”