Discussion: User Rank Images

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.

User Rank Images!?

YES
68%
Meh...
18%
NO - MORE - CLUTTER!
15%

Total votes: 34

SpaceG92
Keizer

Discussion: User Rank Images

Post by SpaceG92 »

As I demonstrated during this years April 1st, we can have an image assigned to user ranks. The thought crossed my mind earlier today, should this be a thing? *see below

Pros:
Can look cool!
Low data usage (mobile | Files are only 6-12kb)

Cons:
Eye sore (?)
Increased data usage (mobile | Files are only 6-12kb)
Cannot be customized per theme

Below is an example using the 2014 post count rank, Legendary and the Biollante (Green) theme.

Dimensions: 100x25

I'm indifferent on it, it should probably be done for "Site Staff", "Mod", "Admin" and such - but feel free to comment. Poll votes are important! Please drop a vote!
Disclaimer: If a passing vote is achieved, that does not guarantee implementation.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Discussion: User Rank Images

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Lord SpaceG92, I say yes!
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Would definitely be better for Probationary members than the eye-searing yellow.

I'm indifferent however. Looks like more clutter, but
I kinda like it. I'm torn!

ZinK
Interpol Agent

Post by ZinK »

I like it.
c a k e e v e r y n i g h t

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

OMGYES, THAT LOOKS SO COOL
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Bumping*

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Are these able to replace the text ranks underneath/above our avatars? If so, it'll lean me slightly more towards a "yes".

Also, like I said in the Tags topic, an option to disable them would be a great alternative.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

UltramanGoji wrote:Are these able to replace the text ranks underneath/above our avatars? If so, it'll lean me slightly more towards a "yes".
Not 100%, but I believe there is an option to disable/hide User Rank but it will still display the image - I swore I remember seeing it earlier
UltramanGoji wrote:Also, like I said in the Tags topic, an option to disable them would be a great alternative.
Now this - is another story.

By default there is no opt-in or opt-out, I really don't know specifics but for the most part, extensions are "all or nothing" unless specifically coded.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

SpaceG92 wrote: By default there is no opt-in or opt-out, I really don't know specifics but for the most part, extensions are "all or nothing" unless specifically coded.
If this is the case, then I am 100% against it, especially the tags. It really clutters the look of the forum and I'd rather not sacrifice that for a potentially better search system or something as superfluous as rank images.

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

Sure, why not? I'm all for it.
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

Only if I can get a tag that says "Film Patrician"
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Random bump but out of the small 23 people who polled. 65% say yes. : s

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I'm generally sour on it if it can't be customized by theme- really could be an eyesore...

But I want to understand a little better. Is the image a direct mirror of the title we already have, or independent. (Those titles are based on post-count, right?)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Zarm wrote:I'm generally sour on it if it can't be customized by theme- really could be an eyesore...
I feel yeah, I'm kinda in the same boat myself.
Zarm wrote:But I want to understand a little better. Is the image a direct mirror of the title we already have, or independent. (Those titles are based on post-count, right?)
It is a direct mirror of what we have and then some extra ranks I will probably add along.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

SpaceG92 wrote: It is a direct mirror of what we have and then some extra ranks I will probably add along.
Gotcha. Well, aesthetic questions aside, sounds like an interesting idea. I'd be game.

Just set them so they look best on the Biollante theme, and we won't have any problems. ;)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

UltramanGoji wrote:Are these able to replace the text ranks underneath/above our avatars? If so, it'll lean me slightly more towards a "yes".

Also, like I said in the Tags topic, an option to disable them would be a great alternative.
500 year later response.

I can confirm that these image ranks can replace the text based user rank entirely. I am still trying to find a toggle on/off feature, to no avail.

Thought i'd drop this here and clear that up real quick.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

And, as proclaimed, that leans me slightly towards being in favor of it. Would still prefer a toggle but if no solution is found, I can live with it.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Bumping - planning on closing discussion on this at the end of the month unless this gets more feedback.

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

I thought I responded to this..? Huh, I guess not. Anyway, just to toss in my two cents, I would prefer a system akin to what we had on the old forums where you could change your rank to whatever you pleased, and only the text was affected; as opposed to images. I feel like the images would stand out too much to where they might become a bother on the eye while browsing, though that is just me.

...Unless there were a way to combine the two, such as making a custom image banner that must be a certain size (such as the avatars), and uploading it for use as your rank image.
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Bumping because a pool of 24 votes isn't data :P