Suggestions/Changes for the TK Forum

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.
SpaceG92
Keizer

Re: Enable Vimeo embedding?

Post by SpaceG92 »

eabaker wrote:I was wondering if it'd be possible to set up embedding from Vimeo as well as YouTube.
We do have a YT embed code, see below;

Code: Select all

[YouTube]video url here[/YouTube]
The code only works with the actual video url and nothing else can be attached to it. So you cannot embed a video from a certain start point or a playlist redirect. As for Vimeo, I should be able to get one :O

Added in 48 minutes 39 seconds:
Re: Suggestions/Changes for the TK Forum
*Merged into "Suggestions for the TK Forums".

Got the vimeo tag working on my forums. This should be implemented on the Tohokingdom boards during the next forum maintenance (tomorrow. 7/29/2017).
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Enable Vimeo embedding?

Post by eabaker »

SpaceG92 wrote:Got the vimeo tag working on my forums. This should be implemented on the Tohokingdom boards during the next forum maintenance (tomorrow. 7/29/2017).
Awesome! Thanks!
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Should there maybe be a separate 'political humor' thread? I mean, seeing the stuff back and forth in the Funny Pictures thread doesn't bother me, and humor is subjective- but right now, it seems to be more of political jabs than actual humor, and I could see it getting ugly if it continues on.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Zarm wrote:Should there maybe be a separate 'political humor' thread? I mean, seeing the stuff back and forth in the Funny Pictures thread doesn't bother me, and humor is subjective- but right now, it seems to be more of political jabs than actual humor, and I could see it getting ugly if it continues on.
Every time we have a political thread it tends to turn into a black hole and devour itself - because people can't behave D:

Though - a dedicated political/<other related thing here> humor thread might be better then a pure politics thread. Worth a shot if someone is willing to word the OP for it.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Bring back the ability to search your posts within a specific thread.
Last edited by MoarCrossovers on Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

godzillafan1954
EDF Instructor

Post by godzillafan1954 »

Hide mark forums read button button?
eabaker wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:31 am
Jetty_Jags wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:11 am I’d consider 2001 baragon to have some pink undertones.
I hear a distant rumbling... What's that?! It's coming from under the ground!

Oh, God! It's Baragon with Pink undertones! Can't you hear its terrifying cry?!

"Baragooooooon's comin' up, so you better get this party started!"

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

godzillafan1954 wrote:Hide mark forums read button button?
That would require recording the template entirely. That probably won't be happening.

:(

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

SpaceG92 wrote:
That would require recording the template entirely. That probably won't be happening.

:(
Life finds a way........

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Any particular reason for hiding it? Personally, I use it a lot (a 'reset' after I've checked out what I want to, so I can spot anything new coming up), and it annoys me on mobile when it is hidden...
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

godzillafan1954
EDF Instructor

Post by godzillafan1954 »

Zarm wrote:
Any particular reason for hiding it? Personally, I use it a lot (a 'reset' after I've checked out what I want to, so I can spot anything new coming up), and it annoys me on mobile when it is hidden...
I HATE IT. Least useful button on the forum imo
eabaker wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:31 am
Jetty_Jags wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:11 am I’d consider 2001 baragon to have some pink undertones.
I hear a distant rumbling... What's that?! It's coming from under the ground!

Oh, God! It's Baragon with Pink undertones! Can't you hear its terrifying cry?!

"Baragooooooon's comin' up, so you better get this party started!"

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Birdman wrote:Bring back the ability to search your posts within a specific thread.
Jezus, how did I miss this. Sorry 'bout that...

>Advanced Search
>Below

1: Thread "Subject"
2: Username
3: Select Posts

Mind you, if threads were merged or the topic was changed, it will not yield search results - since it's pulling from the subject header. I'll see if there is an extension - I know what your asking for though.
godzillafan1954 wrote:I HATE IT. Least useful button on the forum imo
BLASPHEMY!

Best feature on the forum. Immediately flags threads that you don't care about that constantly get bumped :P

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

SpaceG92 wrote:Best feature on the forum. Immediately flags threads that you don't care about that constantly get bumped :P
Yes. THIS. :)

Maranatha!

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

I was wondering, since we have s subforum in the media center for monster-related media, would it be possible to have one for animated media as well?
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

GodzillaFreak99 wrote:I was wondering, since we have s subforum in the media center for monster-related media, would it be possible to have one for animated media as well?
That’s one of those things that sounds like there’d be a lot of traffic for, but would just end up really barren.

Kinda like the old music sub forum.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

SpaceG92 wrote:
Saansilt wrote:-Automerging posts is bane to posting fiction. Please have it disabled by default instead of enabled.
I tried editing the settings to exclude the "Fan Fiction" and "Beginning Writers" forums but they still merged (known bug). This requires an update that I cannot do at this time.

This will be addressed and hopefully fixed on the next forum update.
Long post later.

With the whole re-implementation - I went ahead and added the following sub-forums to be excluded from post auto-merging.
1/1/2018 wrote:RPG, Mirror Arena, Fan Fiction, Begginning Writers, Fan Art/Movies/Games
I know people asked about Fan Fiction and Fan Art forums. I added RPG because I felt it might be easier to track posts that way. If we have anyone in the RPG forum that uses this extensively, let me know and I can review it.

Dr.Cgad
Samurai

board styles.

Post by Dr.Cgad »

Could someone make a Shin Godzilla board style?
Try not to get sucked into the vortex of hell Billy!

SpaceG92
Keizer

Re: board styles.

Post by SpaceG92 »

Dr.Cgad wrote:Could someone make a Shin Godzilla board style?
Thought about it on multiple occasions :P

Though, there is a "slight" issue in that if we update the forum boards all styles and thus the work put into them will probably be rendered obsolete.

Dr.Cgad
Samurai

Post by Dr.Cgad »

sigh...
Try not to get sucked into the vortex of hell Billy!

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Dr.Cgad wrote:sigh...
Though - it's not entirely out of the question -

I cannot confirm or deny that I may or may not have worked on a few prototype board styles in my spare time >,>

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Might a sticky thread under the 'fan movie' section for the various fan edits of the films collected all in one place be appropriate?

Maranatha!