Board Styles Discussion

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.
User avatar
Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Posts: 1675
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:44 pm
Contact:

Board Styles Discussion

Postby Arbok » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:44 pm

Use this thread to discuss the board styles, which I will be trying to add to in order to return somewhat to somewhat of the old glory days. Things that can be changed or types of styles people would like to see. I will also chronicle updates to the styles.

Updates:
2/8/2017 - Added King Ghidorah (Gold)
12/8/2016 - Added Gigan (Blue - Dark)
8/15/2016 - Added Manda (Green)
6/12/2016 - Added Destoroyah (Red)
6/6/2016 - Added Legion (Teal)
4/26/2016 - Added Mothra (Blue)
4/22/2016 - Added Battra (Blue - Dark) [modified Gotengo base]
4/16/2016 - Added Godzilla 2002 Fire (Gray - Dark)
4/16/2016 - Added Godzilla 1954 (Gray - Basic)
4/16/2016 - Changed Godzilla Generations to Godzilla 2014 and converted some of the icons to be themed
4/10/2016 - Added a Rodan (Brown) style
4/5/2016 - Added a Biollante (Green - Dark) style
4/3/2016 - Added a Mothra Leo (Aqua Blue) style
4/3/2016 - Changed the 20th Century style to a Mechagodzilla theme and centered it around the 2003 board design and Showa aliens.
4/2/2016 - Added a 20th Century (White - Classic) style. Modified the older 20th Century style to be a Jet Jaguar style.

Battra (Blue - Dark)
Image

Biollante (Green - Dark)
Image

Destoroyah (Red)
Image

Gigan (Blue -Dark)
Image

Godzilla 1954 (Gray - Basic)
Image

Godzilla 2002 Fire (Gray - Dark)
Image

Godzilla 2014 (Purple)
Image

Gotengo (Blue - Dark)
Image

Jet Jaguar (Black)
Image

Kaiju Outline (Purple)
Image

King Ghidorah (Gold)
Image

Legion (Teal)
Image

Manda (Green)
Image

Mechagodzilla (White - Classic)
Image

Mothra (Blue)
Image

Mothra Leo (Aqua Blue)
Image

Rodan (Brown)
Image
If it bites... don't mess with it!
TetsukiGroudon
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 3043
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:30 am
Location: Fury Road

Re: Board Styles Discussion

Postby TetsukiGroudon » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:49 pm

Gotengo is the best to tango.

That is all I have to say.
User avatar
Birdman
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4362
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:54 am
Location: guess

Re: Board Styles Discussion

Postby Birdman » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:56 pm

TetsukiGroudon wrote:Gotengo is the best to tango.

That is all I have to say.

This. Gotengo was always the best out of all the styles in my opinion.
Nehmen Sie Ihre Waffeln runter!
godzillafan1954 wrote:
goji89 wrote:
g2vd wrote:My arm is now in a cast because I tripped on a Can of Peanuts.


Only you can trip on nuts and break your arm.

Must everything you say be sig worthy?! :evil:
User avatar
SpaceG92
Admin | Forum Manager
Posts: 6871
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:33 am
Location: Southern California
Contact:

Re: Board Styles Discussion

Postby SpaceG92 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:59 pm

I really loved the old Godzilla-Blue on the previous board, which I think was turned into Classic now. Though I find myself gravitating towards Gotengo. The only thing that I'll have to adjust to is the white text on dark background, and of course the lay out of buttons :P
StAiRcAsE KiTtY
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 697
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:14 am

Re: Board Styles Discussion

Postby StAiRcAsE KiTtY » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:05 pm

Can we get a Ghidorah-themed one? Maybe with golden borders and such, but a dark background?
You want a battle...
Here's a war!


RIP, Judas. An amazing idea, gone before it was created.
User avatar
GodzillavsJason
Keizer
Posts: 9588
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:41 pm
Location: The Movies

Re: Board Styles Discussion

Postby GodzillavsJason » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:12 pm

I'm going to have to disagree with the folks who say Gotengo is the best one. I have to say that I'm really digging the Kaiju Outline one.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, The Goldbergs, and Red vs Blue!

NSZ wrote:Well thanks, GVJ, now I can't not picture Sal being voiced by Geoff Ramsey. :lol:


"Stop being a bitch and put it in my mouth!"-Adam (Funhaus of Rooster Teeth)

"For the kids"-Adam (Funhaus of Rooster Teeth)

NSZ wrote:It's only been two goddamn days, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I already miss Al's terrible puns.
User avatar
GodzillaFreak99
Futurian
Posts: 1770
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 8:01 am
Location: the New World

Re: Board Styles Discussion

Postby GodzillaFreak99 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:19 pm

I like the Godzilla Generations one. I miss the MKG theme so much.
Neo-Chop!


"Now do you remember? Who you are? I cheated Copyright claims because of you. And because of you I left my mark on YouTube. You have too. You're your own man. I'm Living Corpse and you are too. No, he's the two of us together. Because this legend of ours? It belongs to us and with it we can change the world and the future. Carry that wherever you go my friend because from this day on, you're Living Corpse"
User avatar
SpaceG92
Admin | Forum Manager
Posts: 6871
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:33 am
Location: Southern California
Contact:

Re: Board Styles Discussion

Postby SpaceG92 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:27 pm

GodzillavsJason wrote:I'm going to have to disagree with the folks who say Gotengo is the best one. I have to say that I'm really digging the Kaiju Outline one.

I take back what I said. I like the Kaiju Outline, it was the old TK theme I used :P Were is my brain? I just really dislike the bars on the side. Really wish we can change that.
TetsukiGroudon
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 3043
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:30 am
Location: Fury Road

Re: Board Styles Discussion

Postby TetsukiGroudon » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:39 pm

Yeah, the Kaiju outline is a close second for me. Also pretty cool.
User avatar
Showa Gyaos
Keizer
Posts: 7932
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:06 pm
Location: West Virginia

Re: Board Styles Discussion

Postby Showa Gyaos » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:40 pm

RIP, Dark Coffee Godzilla board style (2010-2016). :(

That isn't to say the new ones don't look nice. It's just jarring to see this website be so bright when I had it on a darker style for six years.
Shhh! The Octopus wrote:Brie Larson could be the Susan Watson character of the film and could warn him. She could say

Koooooooooooong. Duck Koooooooooong. Watch out for his radiation breath Koooooooooooooooong.

KOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG!!!
StAiRcAsE KiTtY
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 697
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:14 am

Re: Board Styles Discussion

Postby StAiRcAsE KiTtY » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:41 pm

Showa Gyaos wrote:RIP, Dark Coffee Godzilla board style (2010-2016). :(

That isn't to say the new ones don't look nice. It's just jarring to see this website be so bright when I had it on a darker style for six years.


Change to the Gotengo theme. It is pleasantly dark.
You want a battle...
Here's a war!


RIP, Judas. An amazing idea, gone before it was created.
User avatar
The Godzilla King
Interpol Agent
Posts: 511
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:05 pm

Re: Board Styles Discussion

Postby The Godzilla King » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:45 pm

I like the Kaiju Outline theme best, mainly because it looks somewhat like the theme I used to use:

Spoiler:
Image


I'd still love to see that theme return however.
"Be careful not to choke on your aspirations, Director."

Youtube Channel
User avatar
Missingno.
G-Grasper
Posts: 1160
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:07 pm

Re: Board Styles Discussion

Postby Missingno. » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:48 pm

For some reason, I feel that something like a Biollante theme would look somewhat good. Have a dark foreground (such as black) with a dark green background, or something... Just throwing an idea out there. But I used the MKG theme for quite some time, so that is definitely one I'd like to see return.
TK's resident other 80's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.

LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU


NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum


Resized ImageResized ImageResized Image

The 80's----The weather!
TetsukiGroudon
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 3043
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:30 am
Location: Fury Road

Re: Board Styles Discussion

Postby TetsukiGroudon » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:55 pm

Missingno. wrote:For some reason, I feel that something like a Biollante theme would look somewhat good. Have a dark foreground (such as black) with a dark green background, or something... Just throwing an idea out there.

If that were a theme, it'd be my default.
User avatar
JAGzilla
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4590
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:45 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: Board Styles Discussion

Postby JAGzilla » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:11 pm

I like the look of the 20th Century White/Classic theme, but have a few issues with the details. Could we get a similar theme with avatars on the left side of the screen? Also, I like thread titles to change colors when the thread gets a new post. Makes it really simple to tell at a glance if anything has updated.
"When you're serious about having fun, it's not much fun at all!" -Calvin
User avatar
SpaceG92
Admin | Forum Manager
Posts: 6871
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:33 am
Location: Southern California
Contact:

Re: Board Styles Discussion

Postby SpaceG92 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:16 pm

JAGzilla wrote:I like the look of the 20th Century White/Classic theme, but have a few issues with the details. Could we get a similar theme with avatars on the left side of the screen? Also, I like thread titles to change colors when the thread gets a new post. Makes it really simple to tell at a glance if anything has updated.

Gotengo (Blue - Dark) has avatars on the left hand side as well, I didn't really look into details with the others since I pretty much latched onto this one after seeing it. When a thread gets updated it changes the text from White to Red, which is a good heads up.
User avatar
3000
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3406
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:50 pm

Re: Board Styles Discussion

Postby 3000 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:53 pm

Using the gotengo skin. No complaints so far.
Member of TK Since 2006
User avatar
JAGzilla
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4590
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:45 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: Board Styles Discussion

Postby JAGzilla » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:55 pm

SpaceG92 wrote:Gotengo (Blue - Dark) has avatars on the left hand side as well, I didn't really look into details with the others since I pretty much latched onto this one after seeing it. When a thread gets updated it changes the text from White to Red, which is a good heads up.


I prefer a light background, though. I used the MKG background from day one on the old forums. The new white/classic theme is pretty close to that one, but just needs the tweaks I suggested. Or, y'know, the MKG one could just be brought back. *shrug* Either way would be fine by me.
"When you're serious about having fun, it's not much fun at all!" -Calvin
User avatar
TheSecondComing
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3244
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Board Styles Discussion

Postby TheSecondComing » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:58 pm

I played around a bit with all of them for experiment's sake. I like the feel of Gotengo except I don't think I can tell whether or not letters appear any different when bolded, which is a little important to me.

Right now I'm using Kaiju Outline which I also like pretty well.
Last edited by TheSecondComing on Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b376/Legionmaster/pWo.jpg[/img]
User avatar
Castellan Zilla
Keizer
Posts: 8038
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 8:48 am
Location: The Traitor's Stage

Re: Board Styles Discussion

Postby Castellan Zilla » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:46 pm

As someone who needs to use a dark theme because of eye issues, can we have at one more option for that? The only one I can use is Gotengo, which is fine, but I'd like at least one more choice.

Return to “Comments, Suggestions, Submissions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest