General Question / State of the Forum <Pending Title>

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.
StAiRcAsE KiTtY
Terminated
Terminated

Re: General Question / State of the Forum <Pending Title>

Post by StAiRcAsE KiTtY »

Gawdziller wrote:From what I've seen of AlienHulk from over the years, I'm fairly convinced he was a sociopath.
And yet I believe he made more sense than some of the people here. Irony.
You want a battle...
Here's a war!

RIP, Judas. An amazing idea, gone before it was created.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

You guys may have had a legit point once, but a lot of these users just see you all as jokes now. You basically self-sabotaged yourselves.
When I have sabotaged myself? Tell me all I have have been well written posts what you are basing this on is J omei because clearly one individual means everybody is like this.
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed off-topic sentence.
Godzilla

Gawdziller
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Gawdziller »

Staircase Kitty wrote:
Gawdziller wrote:From what I've seen of AlienHulk from over the years, I'm fairly convinced he was a sociopath.
And yet I believe he made more sense than some of the people here. Irony.
I'm not saying he didn't make sense. He was allowed to like whatever the fuck he wanted. But a lot of his behavior was mentally unhealthy and honestly quite scary.

Hell, I'm still frightened as shit about his obsessive blog that recorded all of our actions for YEARS.
TEAM (Gareth) EDWARD(s)!
Legion1979 wrote:Oh yes, thank you for linking to a page with nothing but Japanese text. That was so damn helpful.
Brody wrote:I don't approve of any kind of sex that involves male genitalia
gzilla46 wrote: I've come up with WAY worse ideas than this.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Temp locking for now.

While the topic at hand is still being discussed, there has been a lot of...useless posts recently. Since some people can't seem to take this thread with a bit a seriousness that I asked for in the OP, it's getting locked for a bit. Maybe I'll do some pruning and some follow ups. Other then that, for those with a good intention of carrying on the discussion at hand, I apologize.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

*Finished. The occasional joke is fine, but when it starts to carry on and bury a discussion pertaining to the topic at hand, let's not? It just creates more work for the staff and frankly just throws off the mood. I'm for the occasion giggle, but when its to the point where i'm starting to see this thread turn into the last remaining pages of the "Chatroom" thread, it just, rubs me the wrong way. Let's try and not kill a thread here. I really don't want to start handing out free warnings because of it, it's not worth it for both parties. يا له من!

I'll unlock this when I wake up tomorrow and hopefully I shouldn't have to lock it again.

M.U.T.O.
Futurian

Post by M.U.T.O. »

Permission to post what Junkerde- I mean, shadowsfall, sent me over PM? Or should I forward it to the necessary staff?

Think it could be useful for the staff to have a gander over.
What do you call it when a railroad engineer moves toward a psychic?
Spoiler:
Approach Medium.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

M.U.T.O. wrote:Permission to post what Junkerde- I mean, shadowsfall, sent me over PM? Or should I forward it to the necessary staff?

Ooooh secrets! Share :P
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:
M.U.T.O. wrote:Permission to post what Junkerde- I mean, shadowsfall, sent me over PM? Or should I forward it to the necessary staff?

Ooooh secrets! Share :P
Yes please share.

Btw the dude is just going to continue to create screen names until you guys let him back in. He's done it before
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Godzilla21 wrote: Btw the dude is just going to continue to create screen names until you guys let him back in. He's done it before
E'yup, not the first time. To bad he's going to keep getting banned.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

M.U.T.O. wrote:...everyone seems to be acting like AlienHulk now.
M.U.T.O. wrote:By him not being around during his being around? I dunno. But what matters is, when he was banned, he thought there was a gigantic conspiracy against him for being banned for not following several rules in several places (there wasn't).
TK at it's finest.

I haven't talked to AH in quite some time, but we were good friends at one point, worked on two TKfics together, and we had, yes, civil disagreements. He was very unlike the sociopathic boogeyman TK regularly portrays him as. He had problems and unpopular opinions, and regularly expressed his anger at not being allowed on this site, but he definitely wasn't really malicious, unless one believes him having unpopular opinions about an anime series was an intentional attempt to offend the members of this site. I can't blame him for being paranoid when TK issues would move to other websites because of him. He was watched as much as a watcher.

I also think MM is mostly a decent fellow and I was actually impressed with his weeklong regime as administrator in the long long ago, even considering he banned me.
I've lurked on here for a while and don't recall you doing this when that Alienhulk gentleman was banned.
That has been my job.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Staircase Kitty wrote:
miguelnuva wrote: Jomei is only my friend in the sense that we talk about Godzilla on a board together. I don't even know G2000 abd I was defending him. You haven't been here long but I defend almost any one I feel was wronged.
I've lurked on here for a while and don't recall you doing this when that Alienhulk gentleman was banned.
To answer your question.

I didn't know Alienhulk and I don't know his situation or why he was banned. I'll I know is that he's ban reason was personal reasons and he was banned twice but as I said I'm not bringing up an old fight and I had no horse in his fight.

All I know personally from when I saw him on another forum is that he'll talk about how bad Tohokingdom is one second then he is begging to come back on this board the next.

As I said before Jomei isn't as much my friend as he is a person I know on this forum that I discuss Godzilla with.

I don't like the fact that Jomei got banned for what he said on another site and what he threatened to do he never did and then the fact the staff lied about it till recently. Derzerb could have given him a month ban on top of the week ban or simply he could have waited for the second leaked pic to be posted by Jomei and then kicked him out.

I simply don't like punishment before the crime and as you can see from this thread I'm not the only one. We've had several members banned before I have never seen so many members come together and complain about said member being banned. Another popular member who was banned before was Living Corpse who got back due to an error on the staff. He got the necessary amount of warnings and while a couple of us were upset a friend was gone we weren't complaining because it was done by the book. With Jomei this wasn't the case.

The same with Captain Aktion. He's gone for a month but I'm not asking for his ban to be overturned because I told him even if Godz baited him he shouldn't have taken the bait. Godz did things by the book and got Captain Aktion up to 5 warnings before punishment was dished out.

G2000 I felt for what he said could have gotten a verbal warning but I feel because he said it Derzerb and not another member he was given a harsher punishment simply because the person who felt they were being insulted had the power to get rid of the person writing the post they didn't like.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

StAiRcAsE KiTtY
Terminated
Terminated

As I said before Jomei isn't as much my friend as he is a person I know on this forum that I discuss Godzilla with
Not what you're saying on Jomei's tumblr. ;)
You want a battle...
Here's a war!

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

Jomei wasn't banned because of his behavior off-site . He was banned because it made it abundantly clear he wasn't going to behave by the rules, and when he came back, he refused to do so and was acting in a way completely unprofessional, especially for a former staff member, and continues to do so.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

three
Keizer

Post by three »

well i did read the initial post rules. i'm going to try to keep it on topic as possible since i am kinda busy now and in the midst of doing some stuff at home that has me distracted. if this post is a bit off topic please correct it before it is deleted as it is going to be a bit winded and i don't wanna have to write it all out again.

some of the stuff cap brought up is why i've been absent all this time. i will go through the incident that caused me to leave the site and wait it out until some proper discipline was handed out:

at one point in time, i attempted to address an issue with Derzerb about another admin, Castellian Zilla, and her behavior regarding another forum user: MM the Destroyer. the issue was that MM had come into information that i had sent via PM to CZ and then came to me about it later, which could have resulted in a massive flame war between myself and MM. i thought there was something going on; contacted Derzerb, and was essentially told to apologize, that i was making a "power play" for moderation, and to quit it. it would later be CONFIRMED that CZ and MM were belittling forum users on skype and she was playing favorites. i went so far as to contact Anthony about it, who confirmed that he received my email and had kept an eye on things.

the only action that was taken was to demote CZ. great. wonderful. but that lackluster result and the initial response to what was a legitimate concern (that again, turned out to be true) is what made me decide to back out of here. i just do not have faith in the leadership on the forum, and to be frank: the analogies to how mods/admins are "police" demonstrates to me a problem with how authority is handled here and the relationship between site staff and forum users.

now i have no real issue with anyone on the staff currently. i left here and opened my own channels and stuff that i moderate and hang around on facebook absorbing information on new kaiju happenings around the world just fine. but with experience in keeping a site effective and clear under my belt now i can say with sincerity that there is a break in how leadership here interprets itself and the reality of the situation. you're not cops. you do owe people explanations. the forum users make or break the site because they're the ones who frequent it in part and without them you have nothing to do and no purpose to serve. too often stupid crap is met with a hardline post that states in short terms that you'd better shape up or ship out. the fact that you cannot even criticize anyone in a mod or admin position is a form of proof that there is a desire to have absolute authority and to maintain it.

it's a forum. it's not that serious. everyone should keep that in mind.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Staircase Kitty wrote:
As I said before Jomei isn't as much my friend as he is a person I know on this forum that I discuss Godzilla with
Not what you're saying on Jomei's tumblr. ;)
I said one thing on Jomei's Tumblr. I'm considering myself a friend to Jomei now but prior to the ban I only talked with Jomei about strictly things on this forum. Allies that are becoming friends would probably be a much better term for us right now.

Can you show me what I said on Tumblr.
Giratina93 wrote:Jomei wasn't banned because of his behavior off-site . He was banned because it made it abundantly clear he wasn't going to behave by the rules, and when he came back, he refused to do so and was acting in a way completely unprofessional, especially for a former staff member, and continues to do so.
Derzerb wrote:Jomei didn't post leaks after his one week ban, he got his one week ban because of them (I can take screenshots of the logs regarding those leaked pics being deleted/edited if need be). Just clearing things up. He got his permaban because he made it painfully clear both on the forums and off that he refused to follow the forum rules. Jomei is an Ex-Admin, he knew the rules, knew what he was doing was wrong (he even helped enforce the LPG leak ban policy), and did it anyways. Just because he's an Ex-Admin doesn't mean he should deserve leniency. If anything, it should be the opposite. His behavior was totally unacceptable. Was the permaban the best call? Maybe, maybe not but safety of the site is top priority and I refuse to let anybody put the site through any potential risk. Anthony (god knows how much money he's put into the server bills over the years), several site staff members throughout the years, and even some of the regular users have contributed to the main site. Should all of their work be for nothing just because people want to post leaks and get the site closed down? As mentioned before, Toho has contacted the site in the past before. We have been contacted by WB/LP during the LPG leaks. The site owner doesn't want leaks on the forums. We're sticking to it. If it means we gotta be a lil, "NO FUN ALLOWED" then so be it.
All I'm getting from the staff now is that their is a communication problem going on. Dezerb is saying one thing and the Mods are saying another and even Godz is saying that he was given the wrong information.

Continuing to mention his behavior on Tumblr which isn't a bad thing is more troubling. He hasn't said anything bad about the site as much as he is frustrated with the way things went down.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

StAiRcAsE KiTtY
Terminated
Terminated

I'm one of those people watching. ;) I can tell you who I am, if you wish. All you have to do is ask me.
You want a battle...
Here's a war!

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

three wrote:---. you're not cops.
This is true. I just used it as an analogy.
three wrote:---you do owe people explanations.
No, no we don't. The only real explanation we owe to people, are the people we warn and ban. Everyone else though doesn't need to know.
three wrote:---the forum users make or break the site because they're the ones who frequent it in part and without them you have nothing to do and no purpose to serve. too often stupid crap is met with a hardline post that states in short terms that you'd better shape up or ship out.
Very true, the user make the forum. Without them though, I think the staff would go back to summoning the Great Old God Bagan :P Why we make a hard line answer is that people often like to see how far they can push before something happens. A hard line answer of "Stop, or get warned" is a good deterrent in an ideal world, though this isn't the case most of the time, most of the time people just continue anyways.
three wrote:---it's a forum. it's not that serious. everyone should keep that in mind.
Toy Subforum? ;)

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Staircase Kitty wrote:
I'm one of those people watching. ;) I can tell you who I am, if you wish. All you have to do is ask me.
Ok then who are you since your watching. As I told you before Jomei wasn't as much my friend when this started as a fellow Godzilla fan I felt got the short end of a stick and a piece of a larger problem.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

three
Keizer

Post by three »

as far as the second part of the post --- matters handled between a mod and a member (i.e. a ban for something trivial) no, no explanation required to everyone else.

when it sends the forum into a tizzy, you totally do. you accepted the job; you're the customer service of the forum. you explain stuff when the forum asks. especially when stuff is like a food recall. i have no idea what Jomei actually did since i can't find anything he said on tumblr about the forum, but whatever. i don't care if he's banned and i never really liked his holier-than-thou attitude. but clearly people think the situation was handled wrong. clearly they're upset. upset enough to break the site rules AND go in for the throat of staff. in fact, it seems like you guys have a trust issue on your hands and THAT requires an explanation. a detailed one. and that you owe us (which in part this thread does).

what i do find concerning is the reaction to it all, especially after the incident i had with the admins and CZ last year. it's this sort of "keep it in house; don't tell them" crap that gets people anxious. it gets people who are loyal contributors to pack up and leave. and if Jomei DID go off and make it clear he had no intention of following site rules, he would not do so without a reason. the man was too smart to just meltdown. it does not make sense.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

StAiRcAsE KiTtY
Terminated
Terminated

miguelnuva wrote:
Staircase Kitty wrote:
Ok then who are you since your watching.
Staircase Kitty. Duh.
You want a battle...
Here's a war!