Main Page Redesign

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.
DesuGojiFan
Gotengo Officer

Re: Main Page Redesign

Post by DesuGojiFan »

Great job on the new design. :lol:

gigan72
Keizer

Post by gigan72 »

I'm meh on it. Prefer the old design, vastly.
TheSecondComing wrote:Junk. Using my laptop, the "three bar" drop down menu doesn't stay dropped down. Hated this redesign from the first option I attempted to use.
Same problem with the bar here.
[quote="KaijuFiend"][quote="Birdman"]Do you like what you see?[/quote]
No, and if I didn't value my eyesight so much, I'd bleach my eyes so I never had to see that shit again.[/quote]

11-22-13/11-23-14/12-27-14

Captain Aktion
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Captain Aktion »

Wait, wait, wait...

There's a lot of people in here complaining and criticizing the website...Are there, like, a ton of warnings coming down the pipe for these people? I'm so confused.
http://captainaktion.tumblr.com/

This website is for noncommercial use only and is not affiliated with, or authorized or endorsed by Toho Co. Ltd.

Forum Rules and Guidelines Excerpt, Section 10:
Staff Accountability
no moderator, administrator, group moderator, forum leader, site staffer, or former member of the aforementioned groups is exempt from scrutiny

Failure by members or ex-members of leadership to avoid such activity may result in termination.

Know The Score

Futurian

Post by 3000 »

Captain Aktion wrote:Wait, wait, wait...

There's a lot of people in here complaining and criticizing the website...Are there, like, a ton of warnings coming down the pipe for these people? I'm so confused.

Welcome back, man.
Member of TK Since 2006

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Captain Aktion wrote:Wait, wait, wait...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sla845GW9YM

Also, totally calling it MPINO (Yes, I went there (Sue Me))
Godzilla

Captain Aktion
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Captain Aktion »

3000 wrote: Welcome back, man.
Wish I could say that it's great to be back but then I'd be lying. Wait, am I allowed to say I'm not happy to be back? (Nah, I'm kidding, of course I can say that...right?)

Personally, the main page didn't need any kind of "fixing" in my opinion, but hey, people have priorities. If there was anything I'd do to class it up a little, it'd be to add a few watermarks.

This website is for noncommercial use only and is not affiliated with, or authorized or endorsed by Toho Co. Ltd.

Staff Accountability
no moderator, administrator, group moderator, forum leader, site staffer, or former member of the aforementioned groups is exempt from scrutiny

Failure by members or ex-members of leadership to avoid such activity may result in termination.

Know The Score

Young Guy
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Young Guy »

It makes me want to hurl.

Superrex
G-Grasper

Post by Superrex »

Well, the desktop version looks fine in my opinion. But the mobile version (which is usually what I'm using when I'm on TK)...it really needs some work.
Probably the unluckiest guy in the Shadow Arena
Shadow Arena History:
Wins:7
Defeats:8
Chris55 wrote:
wisper15 wrote:I sucks donkey dick.
"He's really bad at it too!"

-The donkey

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

I prefer the look of the old TK, but I can see this new design being more mobile-friendly, which I know is becoming more common.
However, I, too, am not able to access the drop-down menu; it just blinks out. I REALLY hope that gets fixed FAST.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Remember it just got put up yesterday, bugs are bound to pop up :P

The new design is...well, let's see how it goes. It looks a little to barren from what I remember. As for common bugs. I heard people saying half of the stuff that should be there isn't that I showed them. I walked a friend through fixing it and it was because his screen resolution was set @ 1380x???? and he had some problem viewing the new page correctly. Mine is set at 1980x????, and I see everything okay. Just snow balling ideas for those with issues.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Yeah the sides are a little barren but I do like the design. Definitely a lot cleaner and user friendly than the encyclopedia look of old. Sure with a few patches it will be running smooth and everyone will come to like it.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

I was going to make a post complaining about how it looks like it failed to load properly but I found out that it did fail to load properly.

Now that I see the actual design, I can say that it looks pretty good, but I'm a little concerned with the glitch that doesn't allow you to click on the Sub-Index.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Great to see the site fixed. I'll just stat my opinion on the new design. I'm cool with it and think it's good. I however preferred the old design. Not to say this one is bad though because it isn't.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Know what I do when I'm on mobile and need to click something specific on the old layout? Zoom in and then click on it. People are just lazy.

TetsukiGroudon
Terminated
Terminated

Post by TetsukiGroudon »

Living Corpse wrote:Know what I do when I'm on mobile and need to click something specific on the old layout? Zoom in and then click on it. People are just lazy.
This. I really had no problem with the old layout on mobile.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

TetsukiGroudon wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:Know what I do when I'm on mobile and need to click something specific on the old layout? Zoom in and then click on it. People are just lazy.
This. I really had no problem with the old layout on mobile.
Double this.
That's what I always did and it wasn't a problem.
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

It's so white it actually hurts my eyes.
Godzilla

KlenSeven
Interpol Agent

Post by KlenSeven »

The menu on the upper left doesnt work at all in Opera.

Also, i didnt find the speech bubbles to be intuitive indicating there was a forum, that icon is more standard for a "Contacts" page. Maybe add the word "forum" underneath them?

I'd be down for trying out a few different fonts as well, otherwise i like the modernizations.

::EDIT::

More issues than i initially thought.. menu didnt work in Chrome or IE11 either

Also Opera and IE11 only have 3 options across the top, while Chrome presents more
Resized Image
Resized Image

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

The new layout is completely broken on Firefox, FYI.
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

Captain Aktion
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Captain Aktion »

Castellan Zilla wrote:The new layout is completely broken on Firefox, FYI.
Yup.

Staff Accountability

Know The Score